Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elle’s ears normally look like this.

Dog Eye Working animal Carnivore Dog breed

However, there are times they are tilted in. Not to the point of touching, but more so than I like. I’ve been using bumpers for a while now. I’m not sure what adjustment to make. I’m afraid if I move the bumper up the ear, I’ll end up with ears that are bent out instead of straight.

I try to remember what Roxy’s ears looked like and did, but I didn’t post her therefore didn’t over analyze everything about her ears.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 7 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
5,721 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well crap. I messed up and now don’t have enough tape. Need to wait almost a week for it to be delivered. 😞 I thought I had another roll.

·
Premium Member
11,777 Posts
Looks like she still has a small pocket in her (um--looking at her it's the left ear that tilts in the most so that would be her right ear. Keep using the bumper on that ear--don't move the bumper up--pockets form at the intersection of the ear leather and the top of the skull--most often pretty much in the middle of the ear.

Ears look good except for that small tip in on the one ear.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
11,777 Posts
Your vet should be able to sell you a single roll of Johnson & Johnson Zonas tape and some regular drug stores actually carry the Johnson & Johnson Coach (someitimes labeled as Sport) tape--these can be interchanged and are virtually identical. Better than waiting a week to repost that ear that tips in a little.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
12,801 Posts
WOW ! That Elle is Beautiful !

Elle ears remind me of Evie's and how her ears looked , I checked in with my mentor ( Bug ) 3 or 4 times a week and sent her plenty of pictures , some that looked just like Elle girl .

Like others said , adding a bumper + I used the brace solved the problem LS78 . One thing to remember is to keep the ears stretched up on the rod as you tape . Really to me - you just need to keep posting for another 3 weeks + the brace and you'll be there

Good luck !

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m trying to use bumpers and the fixed bridge. It sometimes slides off the back of her skull pulling the ears backwards. How big of an issue is the position of the brace in relation to the front/back of her skull?
Dog Furniture Dog breed Chair Working animal

Dog Blue Carnivore Dog breed Collar

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Working animal

Purple Wood Grey Knee Comfort

1 - 9 of 9 Posts