Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you know I've just become a grandma however, me and my hubby should have been going on holiday today with parents in law and sister in law (its a yearly family trip to Wales). Due to this week's events hubby and I have backed out of the holiday to be on hand for Lucy (daughter).

Anyway, Tia and Etty (pussycat) were booked in to the kennels for this week and we decided that they should still go - so that we could be totally free to give help as and when needed for a week without any ties. So we dropped them off last night. I'm not worried in the slightest about Etty - the lady who looks after her is brilliant and I've used her many times, Tia on the other hand is a different story!! I hope I've done the right thing taking her - the house is so 'dead' with her not here, its horrible!!!!:emo10:

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
She will be fine and come out knowing how good she has it!!! Petey is a bit wild for a few days as you can see from my other posts....but is also much better when playing with his dog friends, at least for a day or two!

Enjoy the peace and quiet.....and you can always get her out if you want!

Carol & Petey!
oxoxoxoxoxox

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
I say enjoy yourself and your grandson. You can go visit if you totally miss her right? That may help, or make it worse. She'll have a great time with her friends I'm sure but she'll miss you all the much more.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you, I know you are right. Lucy's needed me today (baby blues) and I've been able to go without thinking that I had to get back for Tia. Its only for a week - I'm sure we'll survive! I'm going to ring tomorrow and check she's ok! x

·
Registered
891 Posts
- the house is so 'dead' with her not here, its horrible!!!!:emo10:
Isn't that the truth, due to the hours my kennel keeps I had to take them in a day before we left...WOW the silence was deafening. The house felt empty and cold. DH even remarked that he didn't like that girls were not there wreaking havoc.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
My house was like that for 3 miserable months before we got Jordan. Summer just doesn't fill it up enough. Not enough activity. I was so lonely when Jordan was sick for those few days. It's nice to have him back to himself. But, you really need the time away every now and then to appreciate the havoc they bring to your life.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
You could have always dropped her off here AJ, it would have been a laugh shouting Tia and watching 2 of them come running :):):).

p.s. the big show at Harewood House is next weekend but the Dobes day is Monday the 23th of July.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could have always dropped her off here AJ, it would have been a laugh shouting Tia and watching 2 of them come running :):):).

p.s. the big show at Harewood House is next weekend but the Dobes day is Monday the 23th of July.

I'll remind you of your offer if we have to kennel her in the future Brumwolf!!!! She'd LOVE the company of your brood for sure!

Thanks for the info about the show - might make the 23rd hopefully.

I rang the kennels today and I've been assured that Tia is doing fine. The girl who I spoke to said "she's just as excitable as the day you brought her in" - I think this was meant to reassure me that she's not pining away for me!

Anyway, my daughter has been needing her mum quite a lot and its been nice to be able to give her my undivided attention but then when I'm home I'm missing Tia like mad. She really has carved her name quite deeply in my heart bless her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts