Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a box of the Three Dog Bakery "Goodness Gracie" Gingerbread Biscuit Mix tonight. You can buy it at Target for $7.99

They got the Rommel and Piper seal of approval! :D

All you do is add one cup of water, mix it up, roll it out, and use the (included in the box) bone shaped cookie cutter to cut them out.Then cook them for about 30 minutes. I also used a little round decorater tip and made some bite size "training treats" I was surprised, it actually made quite a few treats! They really seem to like them.

Just thought I would give my little review of them...like I said...the dogs really seem to like them, I wasnt really sure about the gingerbread...but they went over well here! Here is a pic of the box and the finished product.

(I hope Gracie's Mom sees this.......because she will need some Goodness Gracie Cookies :D hehe)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Very cool BIB, and it looks like you got quite a few cookies out of it!! I will have to make a Target trip now! I LOVE Target, but our nearest store is about 40 minutes away, so we don't get out there too much.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sooz said:
Neato! I foresee doggie cookie treat jars for Oscar's friends this Christmas.
I was thinking about doing the same thing :D Wonder if you could add red and green food coloring and make red and green ones???? Hmmmm.......:jonkel:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Yeah, Three Dog Bakery has a website. I use to order my Dad's dog a gift box every year for Christmas.

That box made alot of cookies. Does it say how long they stay fresh?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Shucks, I just checked too, I don't see it... may have to make a trip :) Edited to add - just saw CM's post that they have a website

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Make my own dog treats:
ground turkey
ground turkey sausage
lean hamburger
may add the following carrots,liver,oatmeal,eggs,bacon bits,chicken livers I rotate which items I add one batch may have Liver next batch bacon.ect.
Roll them up like meat balls nuke them in the microwave or bake them in the oven freeze some put some in the refrigerator.
Also have made dog cakes for obedience graduations a party for the Therapy dog group I was with when my Papillon was a Therapy dog.
Use same meats in a bunt cake pan bake like a meatloaf use fat free cream cheese for icing,put the little red,yellow,& green dog biscuits in the hole and on top for decoration.
Also have used Alpo dog biscuits the square kind & put that meat pate comes in a little tube at the store forgot the name of it, in the middle dogs love them.
Really like the looks of the Three Dog Bakery biscuits have to go to Target and get some for Christmas presents for the dogs in our family.
Patches Mom
No my dogs are not spoiled at all.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
No such thing here so just cook em up and send them our way :) :)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Yeah, Three Dog Bakery has a website. I use to order my Dad's dog a gift box every year for Christmas.

That box made alot of cookies. Does it say how long they stay fresh?
It doesnt. It just says to keep them in a covered container. I just put them in a Ziploc Bag.

·
Registered
986 Posts
OK, I just came back from our local Target and they didn't have any and had never heard of them. So I'm wondering if this cookie mix might just be found in certain geographic locations, or if it's just so brand new (in Target stores)that it hasn't made it here yet. Anyone who has to drive a considerable distance to Target might want to consider calling first or else ordering online.

We were bummed not getting the cookie mix today, so we drowned our sorrows by going to Petsmart where we met our first Labradoodle and bought new snacks. BTW, our Petsmart says they have carried a dog cookie mix in the past, but will not this year.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
There is actually a Three Dog Bakery at the shopping center a few blocks from my house so I can ask there where these treats can be found and let you guys know if you want. They bake the prettiest little dog pastries....if no one warned me I would think I was at a bakery for people and probably would have eaten one - lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts