Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took Duke in to get his ears checked and his cup replaced since he managed to take it off. Then about 5 minutes later another male Doberman came in and guess what? His name was Duke also. He was 3 months old but smaller then my Duke so the other owner and I were talking and trying to figure it out. Then another 5 minutes later another 4 month old male named Riley came in. Duke was the youngest Doberman there (Assuming the owner of the other Duke had the right info, I dont think he was too sure.) However my Due was in the middle size wise. It was fun to be there and hear about the similar personalities of the Dobes. I referred them all to this website. There was a lady talking smack about Dobermans as if we werent there. Everyone in the office was kinda like....whoa. She was saying how Dobes dont think they just act. How her friends grand daughter got bite and how German Shepards are so much better. She was out there. All the kids were petting our Dobes and the Dobes were calm etc...Everyone there usually loves Dobermans, this lady however needs some manners. Her dog was better behaved then her.

My Duke with the Dark Green, the cup wouldnt stay!
The other Duke with the light green and Riley in the background getting checked in.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Cute picture alienex--so is your Duke all re-outfitted with a new cup? Did they tell you that his ears basically look the way a newly cropped ear is going to look? It'll heal up in reasonably short time and then you'll have other things to worry about--like why is his ear doing THAT???

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
dobebug said:
It'll heal up in reasonably short time and then you'll have other things to worry about--like why is his ear doing THAT???
HAHAHAHAH, SO TRUE!!!!

How great, 3 dobe puppies all around the same age :) Rommel was lucky, there were 3 dobermans at our Schutzhund club, that were all pretty close to his age. So we would all get together about once a week at the park and let them all play or take them for walks together. They were like a little "dobie pack" haha. All but one has quit coming to training though.

That was really rude of that lady to sit there and say that, oh well...let her think what she wants to think....she doesnt deserve to know how wonderful they are anyway. :3dbiggrin

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dobebug said:
Cute picture alienex--so is your Duke all re-outfitted with a new cup? Did they tell you that his ears basically look the way a newly cropped ear is going to look? It'll heal up in reasonably short time and then you'll have other things to worry about--like why is his ear doing THAT???
He is all re-outfitted. They said it looks ok, they see some that aren't as scabbed as his but nothing to worry about. They did clean it up alittle bit. I knew it wasnt 100% ok. They told me not to put anything on it. Let it heal naturally. They did reccomend the sock bonnet though if needed.

What a class act that lady was, It didnt fase me or anyone else in there. She only made herself look ignorant.

Gotta love the class of a Doberman or in this case 3.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Good on you, Alienex, for showing a lot of class and holding back on what I KNOW you really felt like saying (and you'd be correct). On another note, hey your Duke could start a whole new fashion trend...instead of the oh-so-common "Shriner's Hat", he's got that Dr. Seuss thang goin' on...

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Nice pics and for that lady she needs to stop being ignorant. Dobes dont think they just act lol give me a break dobes think to much thats the problem lmao. people that know someone that got attacked by a dobe or whatever has to be like yeah all dobermans are nuts they just flip out on you and so on.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
well Alienex if you hadn't had all the niceness cout out when you dropped and docked....!!!!!!

Dobes don't think??? just now pollo was looking for a bone and after emptying the toy box saw that Molly had it. he sniffed around and then ran to the front dor and barked twice. Molly dropped the bone, bolted to the door barking to get in on the fun. guess where pollo is now? Happily chewing on the bone she had two seconds ago.

nope, no thought went into that at all.....

cc

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Wow that is amazing three dobes at once. In all the years I have had dobermans never have I ever met another dobe at the vets. I am not surprised by her comment. I can honestly say I used to constantly promote the breed to ignorant people like her and then one day I stopped and relized people like her will never change. Trailer park trash mentalities. I met a woman once and started along the same line as your gal. A friend blah blah was bit by a doberman sorta. I asked what were the circumstances, she said, " well the doberman played all day with the family and friends and just turned like that and bit the visitor". "Just like that" I said. "Well the dog had a big deep cut from a nail on the loose boards laying in the backyard. There was blood pouring out so he put his finger right inside the cut to see how deep it was" she said. I looked and her and said, "if I had a big deep cut and you put your finger in it I think I might bite you to, or tell you to F--- O--. So then I asked, " what do you mean by sorta, was the dog bite bad well she said he didn't really bite, it snapped at the guy but it meant too". I said. "if it meant to it would have ". Idiots .

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh how much fun talking to other doberman owners right in the vet clinic.. It is fun to see how much alike all our dogs really are!!! and don't you just hate people who talk smack about dobermans!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts