Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First these pictures are not mine. I got them from someone who found them on craigslist.

So what are your thoughts on this dog? Do you think its a purebred? Has anyone ever seen these types of markings on a doberman before?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Those markings are so far off I am tempted to say mix, but the body is right, I will let others chime in but it looks like a so poorly bred dobe it's markings have bled and spread way beyond where they normally belong

·
Registered
625 Posts
I would guess Dobe + something ... I just can't figure out what the "something" is. I don't think that's a pure Dobe.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Very bizarre - body and face really look like a Doberman but the markings do not. I'd say 'mix' but usually with a mix it seems like the body wouldn't be so Doberman-like. Interesting...

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I too have seen Dobe/GSD mixes that look like this. Definitely not purebred.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Strange looking dog. Body of a dobie, pattern of a german shepard, but the shade of brown isnt right for either one. LOL

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I would have to lean with German pincher and maybe dobe mix too

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
He is neat looking, whatever he is mixed with. It would be interesting to have him tested to find out what exactly the mix(es) might be. I sure hope he gets a home that will not turn to craigslist :( good luck handsome

·
Registered
974 Posts
I would disagree on the German Pinscher they are a carbon copy of a Dobe just smaller! I wouldn't have a clue what that mix is but I wouldn't say pure bred!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts