Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
I think it depends on the size of the ears and how they lay. It would bother me too if someone asked me that. It is not that I wouldn't love a mixed breed because I have had them and loved them. It is because we respect and love our dog's so much that it does appear insulting. Like someone who asks if your child is a boy or girl. Your dog has very intelligent looking eyes. I bet that most people know he is a doberman though. My Mako has natural ears, I don't recall anyone asking what breed she was, except as a puppy. Mako has shorter ears, maybe that is why.

· Registered
115 Posts
Your dog looks nothing like a coonhound then. I have never seen a coonhound before though, maybe not even in picture. I have heard of them though. However, I cannot see how anyone would even think your dog looks like a coonhound. Your baby is beautiful. I love his eyes. heh thanks for adding your comment that the pic is actually a coonhound for people like me :p

· Registered
115 Posts
People used to think my greyhound was a whippet,but I took her in before there was any such thing as greyhound rescue. They still thought whippet when greyhound rescue became a big hit and my dog was a big greyhound. I remember once taking her to Petsmart and this woman said to her friend "Ohh that is a whippet" It kind of upset me for some reason, I guess it was the way she said it. I felt the need to correct her and did so politely. Maybe we feel it dishonor's our pet when they get mistaken because we love them so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.