Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,593 Posts
I can see how they might see a coonhound in the face...but really only if it were to be a thicker boned doberman...or one that was bred to big like the ones we talk about in the other thread...the muzzle seems thicker...
also not only are the ears longer...isnt a coonhounds body kind of like a bloodhound? kinda rolly polly...droopy and saggy? lol Yeah people that dont see dobes in person or arent familiar with them make lots of mistakes like that...
I have been told that duchess looks like a greyhound/dobe mix....but they dont realize that dobes usually do have a long more slender nose lol ...kinda like a greyhound...but not so much.
also with the colors...it happens...blues and fawns get asked if they are Weims...and there was a red dobe at the dog park with duchess...and when they heard both were dobes they would go "BOTH ARE DOBERMANS?" lol
I guess people just recognize the markings...or ears...and assume one thing or another....whatever they are more familiar with.

· Registered
3,593 Posts
I always say, if one is gonna deer hunt they should be required to watch Bambi before season.
When Duchess runs through the feild of long grass at the dog park, I joke around that someone might mistake her for a deer lol luckily hunting is definately not allowed there lol. but you never know with the standing up ears...the nubby tail...and the way she bounces, prances and glides through the long grass! lol a short time after I named her Duchess...I thought about naming her Bambi! lol oh and they way she also likes to graze in the grass and pick at bark or leaves on trees sometimes lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.