Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the first win photos of our young 3/4 European puppies from Zedor del Nasi x AKC CH Kansa's Out Rageous Fortune ATT. You can win at AKC with quality Euro Dobermans. These are just their first and second weekends shown.

This is Kansa's Zerendipity V Dobestar, "Beckett" She is just 12 months old in these photos.

and here is Kansa's Zip A Dee Do Dah, "Thor" he is also 12 months

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Kansadobe

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congratulations Thor is stunning!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Congratulations!! I love Beckett's head and would love to see a head study of Thor.

I know they are still young, but do you have a sense, as they continue maturing, whether or not your ultimate goals were met? Not necessarily long term breeding goals, but goals within this particular litter and what they could bring to your program. I ask because I have a great deal of respect for your breeding program and insight into the Euro-NA crossing and have been fascinated with this litter from the beginning.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Congratulations! They're both gorgeous.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know they are still young, but do you have a sense, as they continue maturing, whether or not your ultimate goals were met? Not necessarily long term breeding goals, but goals within this particular litter and what they could bring to your program. I ask because I have a great deal of respect for your breeding program and insight into the Euro-NA crossing and have been fascinated with this litter from the beginning.
Well, nothing is ever perfect. There are things I like about these puppies very much, and there are also things I would like to see improved. Overall, I like them. I will not say that I was seeking to improve upon our bitch in any particular area. She is not perfect either, but she did finish completely from the Bred By Exhibitor class. I usually look for a stud dog that won't mess up our bitches good qualities and will hopefully bring some good things of their own.

The older dog we used (Fedor del Nasi) had a record for producing quality offspring and was well established. The young dog, his son, and actual sire of the litter (Zedor del Nasi), although fairly young, had produced several very nice puppies himself. One of his daughters and 3/4 sister to our litter was the FCI World Youth Winner in Paris last summer. I had seen her before we did the breeding as a puppy at IDC in 2010, so I knew that Zedor could produce quality as well.

From what I see of these puppies, I think they will only get better with age. we have already received many favorable complements from established American Doberman breeders that do not usually favor Euro-bred Dobermanns. For such a young dog, Thor has a nice thick, but smooth body with good ribspring and the same width at the shoulders, rib, and hips. He has good angulation, a better head than is typical in the US, and a good compact body. There are too many dogs in the US these days that are long bodied and short legged and/or produce long bodies with short legs. There are also too many that are much wider in the shoulders than they are at the hips and are out of balance with the fronts being much heavier than the rears.

Not trying to toot our own horn, but yes we like them.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Interesting to read your comments on the breeding.

From what I'm able to see, Beckett has an excellent head from the profile.

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
Congratulations! They are both breathtaking.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
congrats - and continued good luck with them!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am new to the forums here but I wanted to congratulate you on your wins and your beautiful dogs. I have great respect for successful crossing of Euro/North American lines as well (my past experience lies in GSD's however) and your dogs are both gorgeous! That Thor is stunning! Congratulations and all the best to you in both of their future show careers!

~Jill

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Man I really like Thor... I really like his head and angulation. I'll be excited to see what he looks like in a year or so too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts