Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Quinn from the Sacrament County shelter. He has a natural tail, which I LOVE, but how common is that. I have noticed that there are many all natural dobes who turn up in Sacramento shelters. I think I just figured out why.
Doberman Pinscher | Sacramento | eBay Classifieds (Kijiji) | 19237848
Don't get me wrong. I love my boy.I am so glad he came into my life. but, he is a genetic disaster and I assume the dogs flooding the shelters are too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can even see the ribs on some.
I don't know why this upset me so much. If not for this scum bag I wouldn't have my best friend. But I have been through so much with Quinn in the year and a half I've had him. He has addison's. He is severly VwD affected. He has a bad vasculitis that caused part of his tail and ears to die off. Then there is his emotional state. He is way better now, but he was so fearful the shelter was going to put him down. It took weeks before he would even walk. He was terrified to even move.
I have been crying since I saw that ad.

·
Registered
401 Posts
The mum looks like she has scars on her legs also!
Urgh, disgrace, at least you saved your boy ... :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
That is so horrible. At the bottom of the ad it says "*no papers!" with and exclamation point like that is a good thing...

Its probably a good thing they are not crop/docking if your poor boy is so badly affected by VwD. I can only imagine all those puppies bleeding out after the owner would probably take a pair of scissors to their tails. That is so sad and sickening...

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Ask the mods about placing links to active sales ads for puppies--don't think that is allowed.

That said, I understand your disgust at "breeders" like this--one of many reasons I and others rant against them so much--their animals usually do wind up in the pound...or worse fates.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
So sad too see the ad and very sorry to hear about all the issues your boy has had. He is very lucky to have you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts