Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you leave a puppy alone for five minutes while you take a phone call. Thank God she didn't swallow any of it. We felt lucky but shaken up nevertheless. Funny thing, if there is a funny part in all of this is that when she saw me get the camera out to take a picture of the mess she caused (cause I'm always taking pics it seems. lol. ) she ran and got the lining of the dog bed and jumped in, no way was she letting me take a pic without her being in it.

And this is what happens when the adults are away, the dogs play! Jackpot!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I think she certainly is. Only now she is a poser without a bed in the backyard. Too Bad so sad. I'm not replacing it until she stops teething. LOL. Now she'll have to resort to lying on the faux grass or on one of her inside beds. Enough is enough. She made that mess in five minutes no joke. Well maybe I'll get her an outside cot, I don't think those are as chewable.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
This is what happens when you leave a puppy alone for five minutes while you take a phone call. Thank God she didn't swallow any of it. We felt lucky but shaken up nevertheless. Funny thing, if there is a funny part in all of this is that when she saw me get the camera out to take a picture of the mess she caused (cause I'm always taking pics it seems. lol. ) she ran and got the lining of the dog bed and jumped in, no way was she letting me take a pic without her being in it.
lmao! reminds me of my own Bella!! What a cutie even if she was a baaad girl!!!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
We have given up giving Toby bedding with any stuffing in them, everytime he gets a new mattress or pillow he runs off into the garden and unstuffs them in no time flat. Same goes for stuffies, he destroys them with gusto.

But don't you just love em.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you gotta love the "what did I do" faces they give you afterwards. Too funny. This morning Bella snuck a roll of paper towels out in the yard and really went to town. I swear she is faster than lightening when it comes to sneaking stuff outside. she covered my grass almost perfectly, I'm thinking she could probably lay wallpaper on walls with that keen eye of hers.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Love the pictures, I love how she still manages to look innocent, while surrounded by her mess. You've got a troublemaker on your hands, no surprise since she has some relatives that are too!! :lol2:

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Very cute...NOT!!!!
don't worry a friend and myself were drinking one night , and we both fell asleep on the couch. I woke with a splitting headache and seen, snow (couch padding) all over the carpet. Initially in my groggy I thought wft is snow on the floor. I the. Seen my Kaiser sitting and looking at me with one of those looks. I stood up (yes it was my expensive fault) without saying a word he bee lined it for his crate. I was glad i didn't have to say a word as my blood was gurgling at my stupid mistake. I was just glad i didn't wake up with him drunk. LOL

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sam and Mack's mom thats exactly what we need. Thanks for the link. NYNAEVE yep she does get this from her relatives I'm sure, because she is way too young for our dogs craziness to be rubbing off on her. LOL. I think I need to train her to run alongside the bike with me. This pup has sooo much energy. If I could bottle it I would be a billionaire.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Sam and Mack's mom thats exactly what we need. Thanks for the link. NYNAEVE yep she does get this from her relatives I'm sure, because she is way too young for our dogs craziness to be rubbing off on her. LOL. I think I need to train her to run alongside the bike with me. This pup has sooo much energy. If I could bottle it I would be a billionaire.

Oh, on a serious note, please don't do repetitive exercise like biking, until her growth plates are closed--very hard on young joints.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RFR I know. I wouldn't let her run alongside a bike anyways, a trot yes but not a run, its just so hard to keep up with her its like she is walking me. I just have to get her loose leash walking instead of pulling mom behind walking then I'm sure it will be all that much easier.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
RFR I know. I wouldn't let her run alongside a bike anyways, a trot yes but not a run, its just so hard to keep up with her its like she is walking me. I just have to get her loose leash walking instead of pulling mom behind walking then I'm sure it will be all that much easier.
Okay, I didn't get you were joking about biking her--it's such a common error among puppy owners I thought it needed a mention.

Also, nitpicking here, but the trot is actually a higher-impact gait than a canter (run) so no trotting alongside a bike for any distance, either.

<way to ruin a fun thread with a lecture, RFR, gah>

Reactions: GrdnDelite

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Sam was a maniac, energy ball as a youngster. I always found a field, put him on a long lead (15-20ft) and let him run the zoomies out for 10-15 mins, sometimes longer if he needed it. I practiced some recall with him as well, with his favorite stuffy.

THEN we proceeded with our nice walk :)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
my fisrt dobie ate our sofa two days before our wedding,,,, looked like snow in the iiving room... a quite dobie is a dobie doing something bad.... as mad as i was he was 8 weeks old and just to dam cute to be mad at.. plus i hated that sofa

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
My male doberman never touched a thing............

My female eats her stuffed toys and then I got smart and told everyone who shops for her NO STUFFED TOYS!!! It worked I use to give her a old towel to chew but that's been a few years now....:)

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
.. a quite dobie is a dobie doing something bad.
this is my favorite, all the time!!!!!
When my late Kaiser was a pup with worms, he very very quiet nibbled a chunk of wood under the coffee table. The whole time in thinking, what a good boy, haha. When I grabbed his bone under there, I noticed the fine chips, luckily due to his stealthyness and nibbling it never caused internal damage. I learned then, that being quiet wasn't good. And I'm praising him all along. Geez.

·
Banned
948 Posts
Great pics! You made me laugh-- out loud! .. We came home the other day to "FOAM," or "upholstery stuffing" in our girl's crate! I was pis*ed!. . Come to find out, in the "expensive ball" from expensive PETC*, our pup ate a hole in the ball and the insides of the ball was like pillow stuffing! There was stuffing everywhere! How could so much stuffing be inside a pet's rubber ball? . . . Never again. I panicked that maybe she had ingested it. We will stick to rawhide.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts