Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my sister in Mississippi lost her beloved Coonhound. Buddy was about 12 years old. My Sis and her hubby found Buddy starving in the woods near their house 6 years ago. He was thin, teeth worn down from eating rocks and paws bleeding. After contacting the owners from the name on his rabies tags, they found out that Buddy was a Full hunting Coonhound that had gotten lost while hunting and the owners never went to look for him.
They had no desire to have him back and my brother in law was not going to give him back after what Buddy had when through.
Buddy was given a loving home for 6 wonderful years. He was an easygoing boy who never minded when other pets were brought into the home to live.
He loved everyone and everyone loved him. He even was accepting of other dogs who came to visit. His Coonhound howl was a song to cherish.
On 11/06/2006 as he was out for his daily call of nature in his woods,on the back on my sister's yard, someone shots poor Buddy in the side. He was able to make it home and whine at the front door where he collapsed. My Sister heard the whine and went to the door only to find Buddy lying on the front step. As my brother in law check for life, and scooped Buddy up in his arms, Buddy took one last breath. My heart aches for the lost of Buddy and my Sis and Brother.
He will be sadly missed. God help the neighbor who shot poor Buddy! I would not want to be in his shoes if they can prove that the neighbor shot Buddy.
Rest in Peace Buddy!!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
What a horrible thing to happen! My condolences to your family and a prayer for poor Buddy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OMG! Poor Buddy.. Poor family to have their baby taken at an early age and I hope the idiot that shot him gets what they deserve!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am so sorry. I hate to hear things like that. My thoughts are with you and your family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.