Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If our society continues to have BDL, we're no further along then we were before the Civil Rights Movement.

Humans really suck sometimes. I just hugged my babies, took a picture, and posted to the FB page for Lennox.

·
The Dopie Dobie
1,281 Posts
What a crock of sh**. You know if they keep blamming breeds for their "dangerous behaviors" and not the idiots who breed bad temperament or the irresponsible or unknowing owners this problem will never be solved. RIP Lennox may you run free, its a shame a dog can be banned for its supposed danger to society, but guns are perfectly fine.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
I just don't get how this decision was still made when there was cold hard proof of the warden that said she was scared to go near him and he was so aggressive, hugging him and letting him give her kisses.

Evil, corrupt politics.

They said that he would be sweet and then charge at the cage and try to get to people so he was "unpredictable"

I'm sorry but this dog was ripped from his loving family and good life and thrown into a tiny concrete jail cell for two years. I can't blame him for going stir crazy. Especially since he is part lab. They need mental stimulation and exercise!!

There is so much wrong with his entire case. I can't believe that nations have all came together to fight for his life and they still killed him and denied the family to see the body. Outright evilness. Humanity is fleeting.

I would not doubt if there is news soon of a council member seriously injured or murdered with how locals have been reacting. It's desperation to protect these good breeds that we love and that deserve to live.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
These stories really just break my heart. Whenever I think about owner give-ups or other dogs who lived in a home with a family going to shelters....I just think about Rowan. I think about how scared and confused he would be, if someone put him in one of those god-awful places.

It really sucks because whats done is done and nothing is going to bring Lennox back. My boyfriend yells at me for reading these kinds of stories and watching the videos, tears streaming down my face. But I can't stop...wont stop. Because I need to feel...I need to keep remembering why I do what I do and the sacrifices we make to help save even just one life. Sometimes it really seems like just another drop in the ocean, but I am one person and I will do what I can.

RIP sweet boy, I'm so sorry for this family. It really is disheartening how little progress we as a human race have made.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It is heartless story. RIP Boy. Run forever free. The people of that town should vote those city council members out of office.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Too bad they couldn't have gotten their dog back and moved to some where their were more intelligent people running the town.Maybe one of these years some one will do something with the people that make thew dogs mean in the first place its never the dog just some of the people.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Wow...cold hard killer right there.

Poor baby probably thought he was getting out for some training and treats. :mad:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
This case breaks my heart and honestly scares the crap out of me...when the government starts telling me what dog breed I can't own, there will be big problems. Pit bulls now...only matter of time before dobermans are targeted just as badly.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
What happened to Lennox was tragic... his seizure, his long incarceration, his death.

No matter what it was that he was, breed-wise, there is no doubt what he appeared to be. Belfast has had breed specific legislation in place for twenty-one years, and I can't help but feel that whoever chose to keep a dog who looked like Lennox in the City of Belfast must have knowingly placed him in this jeopardy. Any dog who looks like that is in danger in Belfast, and his family took a calculated risk that he would not be noticed (or, however they thought about it) and Lennox lost.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
A pox on those who killed this poor dog.

May he rest in peace and those who ordered his death spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders. Because trust me if he were my dog I would follow the old Klingon proverb of 'revenge is a dish best served cold.'

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I can not believe this...what is wrong with governments? It makes me so sad...I worry about what could happen if it moves to dobers...but i pity the day someone tries to take Zac away

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
What happened to Lennox was tragic... his seizure, his long incarceration, his death.

No matter what it was that he was, breed-wise, there is no doubt what he appeared to be. Belfast has had breed specific legislation in place for twenty-one years, and I can't help but feel that whoever chose to keep a dog who looked like Lennox in the City of Belfast must have knowingly placed him in this jeopardy. Any dog who looks like that is in danger in Belfast, and his family took a calculated risk that he would not be noticed (or, however they thought about it) and Lennox lost.
I understand your point....breaking a law = punishment and consequences.

However, just because something is law does not mean it is morally right and should not be fought against. Thank god Hitler had people fighting against him, for example, it took a LOT of tragic deaths, but things did get changed. It is really tragic and sad that Lennox was put to death but I think in his death, we will see a change. The Lennox case has sparked and generated so much interest in the fight against BSL, people from around the world, celebrities even have brought this issue to light and I do think positive change will happen because of this. Albeit might start small, but it is change, and change in the right direction. I do not think Lennox's death was in vain. I do not fault his family for putting him in that situation. I could not picture Prime being in Lennox's paws, but if Prime's death meant this huge, global uproar against BSL and crooked politicians, if his death sparked a positive change in people's hearts, if his death meant that other politicians, cities, states countries would examine their hearts and minds and reconsider BSL, then maybe I could picture it and can understand why Lennox's family fought for 2 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts