Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i took Daisy in and the vet took her tape off, well i asked the Assistant if i should retape them she said no, the vet said u might not have to since they are standing so well and to get her stitches out on Monday....they are standing pretty good but i dont care, monday im getting some tampons and retaping them i dont care what he says

·
Banned
675 Posts
I would suggest calling an experienced breeder who knows about ear aftercare and see if they will take a look at the puppy's ears.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'm backing up micdobe too, check with a breeder that specializes in dogs with cropped ears. Seems a bit fast for her ears to be done and standing perfectly......

·
Registered
190 Posts
What!? just removed stiches and said no posting???

My ASS!

Get posting ASAP, Like I said only have the posts out long enough to clean them. Other than that have them posted for as long as you can stand it, the longer the better, Remember, This posting can last for a few months, And stays with him for up to 12 years till he croaks. Do it right! ASAP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Maybe I was just lucky. The only dobe I had that was cropped was my first big red. After the cropping, healing and stitches out, the support came off; his ears stood great and I never reposted. Actually, at that time I never even heard of all the reposting like is being done today. Maybe it's because of the long cuts now. My guys cut was between the European and current cut you see here. Fit him perfectly.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
MissGretchen said:
Maybe I was just lucky. The only dobe I had that was cropped was my first big red. After the cropping, healing and stitches out, the support came off; his ears stood great and I never reposted. Actually, at that time I never even heard of all the reposting like is being done today. Maybe it's because of the long cuts now. My guys cut was between the European and current cut you see here. Fit him perfectly.

What is the european crop like? Is it just short and wider?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty much so. Look at the German breed Dobermanns' ears. They don't look like handlebars. This is just my personal opinion. I like the cropped look, but not the length of the show crop they are doing today. It's no wonder they have to keep being reposted.

·
Registered
521 Posts
micdobe said:
I would suggest calling an experienced breeder who knows about ear aftercare and see if they will take a look at the puppy's ears.
I agree ask the breeder you got your puppy from or a other breeder. With Hero's I kept posting them until they stood on their own.But every dog is different.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well they told me not to re tape till tomorow when she gets her stitchesout, i dont care when she gets those stitiches out im gonna re tape them, they are standing but leaning way towards the middle

·
Banned
375 Posts
lol i agree gunner you should re tape always should post because they may fall later and what will you do then.. my females ears were standing the same strait u but still not worth taking a cance LOL good luck

·
Registered
190 Posts
the cup/stiches and scabbing should be for one week, at the end of the one week you should then remove cup and then tape.

the stiches are normally removed at three to four days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts