Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After lurking for the last few hours, Ive discovered that xena's brother is a DT member.

And also discovered that he is back on Jay bees to be (re)homed? :confused:
Maybe this member had change of heart? and did the right thing to find a pup from a rep breeder? (i hope so) because they've been asking of other breeders to get a pup from.

I just hope thats the case...and not trying to find pups to eventually breed with Jay Bees. :( I have not heard of any news of them trying to breed ethically by acquiring/owning (and hopefully showing/competing) quality dobermans, but I doubt this would be the case.

Had to voice my opinion on this, and calling it out might be a good deed. reputable breeders might value this info as there are some available pups on the horizon.

Hopefully I did not step on toes by posting about a DT member. Its not my intention to bash on someone. But it is my intention to aware breeders of this, in hopes to help them screen their claims better.

If this is in violation, I have no issue with it being closed/removed.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok I may be stepping on the wrong stones with this thread. By all means, I'm just observing and have no credibility to make such statements.

I just found the info interesting and had pictured someone trying to obtain a reputable breeders linage to breed into unethical breeding.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow ok.

I plan to do LOTS of activities with my "it".

·
Registered
667 Posts
SoCalDobe again I don't see your point. I am guessing that you continue to write, and at times I really have no clue what you are saying, is to get a rise out of people. Not sure if you like drama in your life.

I was hoping that you would use this forum for good but it seems to me that is not the case. Use this place for educating yourself on the breed and to look and share pics.

If you haven't learned by now, I believe that no one will take you seriously on here when you talk about breeders. PLEASE STOP!! For now I will stop looking at your posts because it seems you post to get a rise out of people.

Good luck to you and hope Xena is doing well.

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
After lurking for the last few hours, Ive discovered that xena's brother is a DT member.

Maybe this member had change of heart? and did the right thing to find a pup from a rep breeder? (i hope so) because they've been asking of other breeders to get a pup from.

I just hope thats the case...and not trying to find pups to eventually breed with Jay Bees. :( I have not heard of any news of them trying to breed ethically by acquiring/owning (and hopefully showing/competing) quality dobermans, but I doubt this would be the case.

Had to voice my opinion on this, and calling it out might be a good deed. reputable breeders might value this info as there are some available pups on the horizon.

Hopefully I did not step on toes by posting about a DT member. Its not my intention to bash on someone. But it is my intention to aware breeders of this, in hopes to help them screen their claims better.

Pure speculation on your part. Sounds to me like they may have given him back for who knows what reason and are now looking for ethical breeders. I can't imagine they'd have him listed as needing a home if they were keeping him to breed. What sense would that make?

Also, I don't know that there's anything to necessarily make breeders aware of regarding this person. They'll be asked to fill out a puppy questionnaire for any ethical breeder and previous dogs owned will be covered during the process.

I think it would be crappy of you to name the DT member but you didn't. So no harm, no foul.

I like Sam&macksmom's post though. I think if you want to do good by the Doberman breed it would be awesome of you to get involved in rescue. You can learn a lot and it's quite the humbling experience. I wish more people would take the time to do selfless acts for helpless animals and/or people in need.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not trying to start any drama, just found info that may have been useful in time.

I won't post anymore unless I have a questions that can't be answered through the search engine.

Ps. Xena is doing good, however she may have a uti again. Still waiting for results from the lab. Also we start puppy training this weekend!! I really need a good dose of training skills, but so far my home training with her has been good. Thanks for asking of her.

I'll have to check out the link a little later (got busy work today) Is it a donation for rescues I assume?

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Post as much as you like, I just think you're spending your efforts in areas you really won't make much, if any, difference. But rescue work - whether it be fostering, transporting, pulling, sponsoring, etc. - is always helpful and you can feel really good about being a part of it.

Sucks about the UTI. Some female pups seem to have them often. Good luck in puppy training and have fun! Puppy training is such a good time. I'd give anything to have my girls as pups again and do all that stuff over and over and over.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pala-Tech cranberry pills are inexpensive. Shannon had a few UTI's as a puppy and we used the supplement. Worth a try to see if they help with the UTI's.

Canine/Felilne Cranberry Plus Tabs & Granules
Natural dietary supplement formulated specifically for the maintenance and support of a healthy urinary tract in dogs and cats.
Thank you for this info! I had wondered if cranberry supplement would benefit her. I have human grade, I'll def pick up a bottle of canine grade.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oy Vey. Ill just keep to myself.

·
Registered
537 Posts

NSFW

lulz!

LbYZZHGkDio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts