Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Draco is 10 months old, his ears have been standing ok for short periods of time but we have not stopped posting. Last night it looks like while we were sleeping he managed to scratch his post out of his ear somehow and now his ear is completely flopped over with no sign of standing. We've immediaterly reposted but wonder if theres any point in doing so. We're devastated, and dont know what to do. Has anyone tried to ear implant or have any advice?
Dont know how just one night could have caused such havoc
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Wood Mammal

·
Registered
43 Posts
agree with others, don't worry about it too much just keep posting, minimal time between posts, <30min is what I've always adhered to. Maybe some more photo views/angles of the posted ears and others might provide some additional tips. from the one photo it looks like it's flopping quite low on the ear, more than I'd expect at 10months, maybe just the photo angle. But additional photos and critique of technique from the experts on here might be in order... just in case.

·
Premium Member
13,063 Posts
Keep posting. As far a implants go--I wouldn't go that route on a bet. I've seen the results of implants on several dogs--the failure rate seem to be high. And they can make a mess of an ear.

dobebug

1 - 6 of 6 Posts