Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Dober-DERP
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So DT-ers, what are some amusing things your dog is afraid of?

Rosie is apparently not very fond of bicycles and people on roller blades.

Yesterday when we where out for a walk a roller blader went by and she looked shocked! Was almost able to see the thought process going on "Wait...people on wheels???????":roflmao:

(Sorry is it doesn't go here)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
one day my friend and Odin were on a air mattress and somehow it popped and made a farting noise and a whole bunch of wind blew in his face. For a while he was afraid of his own air mattress but I got it to where he wasn't. Then he was afraid of farting noises but we got it to the point where he isn't afraid of that either and we turned it into a game. It was quite funny tho because he would art and quickly look at he butt like "what the heck"?

Reactions: KissNme and hjgrl

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Aside from the vaccuum, I can't really think of anything my Dobes are afraid of. Sometimes if there is a strange new object in the house Ripley will act insecure and bark or growl at it, but gets over it quickly. Other than that, they're both pretty fearless.

Dance, OTOH, is afraid of the mop all of a sudden (never was up until a month or so ago and I know nothing happened to her with it) and has been afraid of bags forever (plastic, paper, dog food bags). I think her breeder's old cat used to play in them and jump out and scare the puppies. She was afraid of cats for a long time too. And she's nervous around strangers, but is getting better about tolerating and ignoring people. She's confident and happy with pretty well everything else, but those things freak her out.

·
Go Dog Go
606 Posts
My dh's golf net thingy, a foldup chair, crickets, cats, kittens.....

I think she jumped about 10 feet in the air when the cricket landed on or near her.
Kate

Edited to add that she hated it when the kittens started licking her feet.

·
Da Boss
3,489 Posts
Brandy's afraid of loud noises. Which means plastic bags, vacuums and anything being dropped that makes a bang. This also includes if we raise our voices at all. She even hates it if we're cheering at things like football games, she runs and hides in her kennel til it's over. We now try to cheer quietly, so then she'll grab the nearest squeaker toy and make noise with us!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Amy is afraid of thunder boomers and probably a bad hail storm...that is it.
- a storm must put barometric pressure, on her ear drums...as she senses bad weather, before it hits

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Elka seems to truly disapprove of skateboards, rollerblades, and bicycles. She looks at them as if to say "That looks so dangerous!" Like Robin Willams in Hook, when Rufio made his entrance.

Elka is afraid of putting her head in things. If a toy is under the coffee table, she will paw and dance and moan next to it, but not pick it up.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts
The only thing Perrin is afraid of is a set of candlesticks. He has been afraid of them since day one, and the cat likes to reinforce this by smashing them over every once in a while.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Lottie doesn't like the vacuum cleaner, the hose or the electric flyswat. She is scared of earthquakes if they are big... She went "missing" after the 6.2 quake last year, they found her hiding under a bed :(

·
Registered
775 Posts
Torque hates people with hoods up or wearing big hats. Can't see their eyes I guess. Also, I think he's afraid of the dark. I'm pretty sure he doesn't see well at night and he is always more on edge if he's out at night. Other than that, he's pretty darn fearless

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,301 Posts
Kip doesn't like clanging metal--metal baby gates, chain-link gates, metal dog food dishes (he'll stand there afraid to eat, poor baby), pots and pans--we figure he must have had an incident with a dish or a gate when he was little and kept in an kennel.

Capri..................doesn't like emotional tension--arguing, complaining--going on in the house. Oh, I know--she's afraid SOMEONE might steal HER ball, or HER toys, or HER bully stick. She's not a resource guarder quite, but she IS a little miss piggy.

·
Super Moderator
15,530 Posts
Power cords. He used to be bad with hard surface floors... still isn't a huge fan but he will "island hop" if he can.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,514 Posts
Lawnmowers and Power Lawn Equipment- As soon as I roll the lawnmower out of the shed, Mr. Spock starts a strained, howling ("The Dragon is Alive") bark, that's much different than any other bark he does! Even with the lawnmower off, he barks at the wheels, etc. Same behavior applies to the gas trimmer and blower. After the equipment is running, he quiets down. Luckily, he hasn't seen the chain saw running yet!

At least I won't have to worry about anyone stealing our lawn equipment with Mr. Spock on patrol! :)

Reactions: doberdeer
1 - 20 of 64 Posts