Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LTH's "posessed" thread reminded me that I had these photos...

and Brumwolf is right - no wonder people whink dobes are vicious - their play faces are demonic!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks they're actually *cute* when they show their teeth like this playing? I love it!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
that's why we call FiFi "alligator mouth"....

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
lol duchess needs another doberman to play with her....she makes those faces when she plays with coco and her golden retriever friend....but as for the other similiar things dobes do during play...they cant provide her lol. also she has an amazing endurance so they cant keep up lol when she wants to keep going.
great pictures! yeah somehow a snarl has lost its value when you know dobermans.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Scary, snarling red heads with red eyes...this is like the "6-6-6" of the demon underworld. They should name a strong-roasted coffee at Starbucks after them and call it a "double-meany fang fang espresso". Love, absolutely love the play meany faces, Sizzledog! (Beautiful teeth, btw.)

·
Registered
891 Posts
eph94 said:
Am I the only one who thinks they're actually *cute* when they show their teeth like this playing? I love it!

Nope your not the only one!!! :) When I see the typical viscous Dobe on TV I just laugh...

Edit to add : Great pics Leah :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Ha ha those are some vicious looking dobes....I'm soooooooo scared!!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Cool pics sizzle, stunning dogs as always!

I too like seeing them play like that............but I think they look more like vampire dogs.
(maybe too much Ann Rice reading??)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Around here, we call that "jawing".

It's amazing the contortions you see in a "freeze-frame" you miss in real life.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Deffinently being a doberman owner I can apperciate the pictures like this! They are adorable---Bruno has yet to actually play where he shows it all out like this. The odd time I'll get him to do it, but not often lol. I need to try and capture it ;)

Also I wanted to comment on the teeth! Very nice! I'm obsessed with Bruno's teeth and just LOVE how white they are. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great pics!! Classic!!! Give Fang and Cujo a few treats from me, I want to stay on their good side, lol if that is their play face, I don't want to see their "I mean business" face!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Great pics. I love the snarly faces when playing. It has definately changed the way that you view dogs. I am sure my neighbors think my dogs are fighting 24/7 in the backyard. Maybe even training for fighting. But you can't beat the sounds that go with it. Nasty little guys. :) I am thankful Doodle can keep up with faces. He can look meaner than them sometimes.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Amber is the one for showing "Vampire Face" round here and she is a red too.We all know these "nasty dogs" are all just big baby's really.
And DD i just noticed that Doodle actually looks like Chewbacca in your sig pic.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Lexus only gets into her piranha mouth play with Dahma, she just rough houses with Harley, but never gets into that true dobie play ;) Don't you just cringe when you hear them nash their teeth together!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Java does the same thing with me - she'll get excited after she wakes up from a nap, will make the 'devil dog' face, roll over on her back and 'jaw' my hand - thing is she is so gentle her teeth barely even touch my skin, but all the while she makes semi-growling noises. Anyone watching would think she is about to remove my hand at the wrist. Reminds me of the way pups play with the dam - until she has had enough and either growls a warning or gets up and moves to a quieter location.

Interesting how this face is merely posturing - it's when the lips curl/wrinkle up over the fangs that you have something to worry about. For all the assumptions those ignorant of the breed make, the whole 'turning on its master' thing is what bothers me the most. Java has yet to ever growl at me - maybe once during a tug-of-war but never as a means of protecting food or a possession.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lexus said:
Lexus only gets into her piranha mouth play with Dahma, she just rough houses with Harley, but never gets into that true dobie play ;) Don't you just cringe when you hear them nash their teeth together!
LoL this reminds me of when I had my first doberman sighting (other than my own puppy) at a local park. Well I guess the adult dobe didn't like the sight of Trin..so she started growling at her and I couldn't figure out where the heck all the "clack clack clack clack" was coming from. Needless to say, I looked dumb that day lol. I hope that dobe didnt crack a tooth that day!

Trinity looks like a PIG when she gets that play face going :( .. that nose just goes wayyyyyyyyy up there haha.

Liza

1 - 20 of 20 Posts