Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
someone please confirm this for me cause I'm seriously starting to wonder about Tucker....

Apparently Doberlopes aren't the brightest crayons in the box sometimes.
Tucker has problems judging rain-slick grass and stopping distances.

While awaiting the arrival of Orcling #2s bus this morning, the idiot dog was out in the yard running amok as usual. He came up on the deck to see me and must have spotted an Ebil Squirrel on the big tree behind the house.
ZOOOOOOOOOOM off he goes - full run - off the deck and into the yard, headed towards the fence like a bat outa hell

CRASH! Into the fence, full force - it was a spectacular crash and burn, dog sliding, feet churning...
SLAMMED himself head first into one of the posts of course.

I'm almost glad he didn't hit the fence itself...I'm afraid he would have gone right through it LOL

He came limping up to me looking all pathetic and whiney. Took about 3 seconds for that to correct itself as the Ebil Squirrel taunted him again from a branch on the same tree.
Tuck was off and running in no time.

Idiot dog - life would be so boring without him here hehehe

I love my goofie Doberlope :3dbiggrin

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
This breed of dog is the smartest in the world,UNTIL they spot any type of furry creature to chase, then i'm afraid common sense takes a backseat!!!

·
Registered
880 Posts
yes, yes they are :D but they are also very goofy and some times very uncoordinated physically :p

I think they are just having fun when they're being all clumsy like that. They have a good sense of humour.

·
Registered
275 Posts
brumwolf said:
This breed of dog is the smartest in the world,UNTIL they spot any type of furry creature to chase, then i'm afraid common sense takes a backseat!!!
Totally agree - just last night our genius walked straight into a telephone pole when she was distracted by a squirrel!

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Mavis hit a chain-link fence once at full Rabbit-Chasing speed. It worked kind of like a vertical trampoline. She crumpled into a ball when she hit the fence, then bounced back about ten feet (3m). Good thing she didn't hit one of the support poles.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL
the kids came up with it actually...cause he kinda lopes around the yard and he's got bambi butt :D

·
Registered
521 Posts
Mine loves to chase Squirrels and anything small like that

I think her number is 5 so far amena]someone please confirm this for me so seriously starting to wonder about Tucker....

Apparently Doberlopes aren't the brightest crayons in the box sometimes.
Tucker has problems judging rain-slick grass and stopping distances.

While awaiting the arrival of Orcling #2s bus this morning, the idiot dog was out in the yard running amok as usual. He came up on the deck to see me and must have spotted an Ebil Squirrel on the big tree behind the house.
ZOOOOOOOOOOM off he goes - full run - off the deck and into the yard, headed towards the fence like a bat outa hell

CRASH! Into the fence, full force - it was a spectacular crash and burn, dog sliding, feet churning...
SLAMMED himself head first into one of the posts of course.

I'm almost glad he didn't hit the fence itself...I'm afraid he would have gone right through it LOL

He came limping up to me looking all pathetic and whiney. Took about 3 seconds for that to correct itself as the Ebil Squirrel taunted him again from a branch on the same tree.
Tuck was off and running in no time.

Idiot dog - life would be so boring without him here hehehe

I love my goofie Doberlope :3dbiggrin[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Near as I can figure, prey drive trumps brains every time. God know it does with my two rocket (dogs)scientists.

cc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts