Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very cute! Tell us more about your girls (?).
Saw one of your videos this morning that made me join here. You had your pair out in the yard and the female was just sitting there minding her own business when the male came up and started razzing her! Was too cute!

Curious what site you used to host the video so I can upload and share some of my girls.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sisters. Welcome from the Pacific NW.

They fit together best when one is still a little puppy!

View attachment 139363

April 2021
McCoy 6 1/2 years & Popeye 3 1/2 months

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
A neighbor business owner at work gave me an old dog bed he still had leftover from a pair of Greyhounds he used to have. Looks about like that one (less the puppy). LOL!

I need to either find a new cover for it or have one made.

·
Super Moderator
22,193 Posts
I use Youtube for videos.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Neo Puppy, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,866 Posts
During tough times, one must economize on dog beds, using the smaller, more affordable sizes for our Dobes....

--------------------Spock: "Hey guys, there's still plenty of room for the Chihuahua here!"

·
Registered
3,609 Posts

Jada got tired of us oooohing and ahhhing over the puppy cuddling in his new bed, so she decided to see if the attention would work for her. She worked hard trying to get her body to fit in it.

IMG_4162.jpg

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Hey John, love the Pendleton dog bed. That's the 'Yakima', right? Been looking at them for awhile and I want one. Has it held up well?

Reactions: melbrod

·
Big Lil pup
6,595 Posts
Hi Bonnie,

Okay... Off topic! LOL.

Yes, that is the Pendleton Yakima. They also make basically the same bed in their National Park series. That fabric is more classic Pendleton blanket material and they are really nice. I have the Badlands Nat. Park bed. They are beautifully made and hold up really well for average (no chewing!) use. But like all Pendleton gear, they don't give 'em away.

BTW, I'll be at Hebgen in August. Our original cabin was built 100 years ago. Our family started leasing the land in 1921. Wow.

John

Okay... Back on topic!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
During tough times, one must economize on dog beds, using the smaller, more affordable sizes for our Dobes....

View attachment 139373

--------------------Spock: "Hey guys, there's still plenty of room for the Chihuahua here!"
I appreciate your input here and thought about what you had to say a bunch today. Made perfect sense actually.

Decided to take it a little bit further and try to be 'enviro friendly' at the same time but the same dog screwed it up again.

As soon as I put it down she honked up the middle and left her sister scraps. :(

·
Big Lil pup
6,595 Posts
Two males? Can't tell from the picture.

If so, You sir are much more brave than I. :)
Yeah... 2 dogs. My story with 2 male households is long, complicated and varied. But suffice it to say, that it is a situation that I would never suggest the average prospective Doberman owner. Plus, in this case, the pup is my son's dog (different household). So if things go completely South, I won't have to resort to drastic measures like I have in the past. The 2 will simply be separated for life, about a mile apart!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

1 - 20 of 20 Posts