Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i mentioned it on another thread, just thought i would share :)

Rah UT DPCTZ 2011 - YouTube

no, i have no clue why he does half of this stuff. this is the first time in awhile he actually had some real stress in the ring and part of it was i was trying to be a more strict handler and not let him have fun, since he was goofing off all the time. it actually magnified his goofy stuff.

low times happen to all of us :)

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Aww! LOL Rah is just showing you he knows how to create his own fun. :) He looks like such a sweet boy.

(Also, watching that reminds me of Fiona and how goofy she is when she stresses out!)

Reactions: R2reddobes

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I don't know about the worst run ever, but he sure was making sure you kept humble that day. Lol, man those days where the dogs just give us the middle finger are priceless.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks carol - its a work in progress - it originally started so i could run berlin in agility! ive maintained for about a year and hit the gym up 3-4 times a year and now im preparing to start the fuzzer collie and cherrybomb in agility too. how are your guys doing??? thought of you today actually - its EXTREMELY humid here :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Awe, I thought that was sweet. Rah looks bouncy and happy, even if he's not doing everything you wanted him too. Even a novice like me can see he 'gets' most of it. I didn't see any hesitation at all on some things. Buuuut, I don't really know what I'm talking about, strictly speaking, but I can appreciate the amount of work it takes to get to that point. I can't wait until I can do that too.

·
Got mutt?
13,826 Posts
Sorry, but Ilka still holds the record for "worst obedience run ever". It was our first time in the Novice ring, and I think she jumped on the judge during the heel free. About the only good thing to say about it was that she nailed the stays.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
LOL love that front & finish at 1:31! So cute! (when it's not your own dog!!)

Reactions: brw1982

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Doing great Kim!

thanks carol - its a work in progress - it originally started so i could run berlin in agility! ive maintained for about a year and hit the gym up 3-4 times a year and now im preparing to start the fuzzer collie and cherrybomb in agility too. how are your guys doing??? thought of you today actually - its EXTREMELY humid here :)
I want to remind you that Rah is ALIVE and considering the circumstances when I saw you last, that is really awesome. Sometimes you can just only do what you can, one thing leads to the next. I thought you were very cool about Rah's goofiness and handled it very well. You could/would not have done that some time ago. Good for you!

Savvy finished her Master's JWW and Standard this winter and has some Double Q's and points toward her MACH. Let's hope that she and her slow/old handler can keep it up and and stay healthy. Keegan (4) is a goofball like Rah and is 1 leg away from his Excellent JWW and one away from his Novice Standard. He has come a long way but has an issue with the teeter in a strange place. My baby girl Tori isn't ready to trial yet (doesn't have the weaves but has most everything else) but is very talented and promising. Continuance is what it's all about.

Thinking of you too and wishing you the very best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
since i mentioned it on another thread, just thought i would share :)

Rah UT DPCTZ 2011 - YouTube

no, i have no clue why he does half of this stuff. this is the first time in awhile he actually had some real stress in the ring and part of it was i was trying to be a more strict handler and not let him have fun, since he was goofing off all the time. it actually magnified his goofy stuff.

low times happen to all of us :)
OMG... I laughed out loud at this video. What a sense of humor your dog has. I believe I saw you at Nationals, and your dog works absolutely awesome! You have done a fantastic job training him, and to see him act like this is just too funny... I am sure the more serious you got, the more he took advantage of it... I loved it... And for you to have a dog with such personality, means you have done a lot of things right! All you can do at that point is laugh. Enjoy the humor of the moment. You both make a fantastic team!!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Oh, Kim--I can really commiserate with you. I'm training Hero (and I am also learning) in doing Rally. I might be nuts, but I am going to try at S.I.to get his first leg. Sometimes he is so great in class and at his first try at a fun match 2 weeks ago (scored 88). But in class there has been many a session where I would have loved to have pulled the floor over us. He sometimes acts like he doesn't know what I want him to do; however, he does it for me everywhere else. Grrrrrrr. lol

It's good to know now that even the GREAT dogs can be a brat.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think that "personality" is an understatement

OMG... I laughed out loud at this video. What a sense of humor your dog has. I believe I saw you at Nationals, and your dog works absolutely awesome! You have done a fantastic job training him, and to see him act like this is just too funny... I am sure the more serious you got, the more he took advantage of it... I loved it... And for you to have a dog with such personality, means you have done a lot of things right! All you can do at that point is laugh. Enjoy the humor of the moment. You both make a fantastic team!!!
When you are talking about Rah. He really is a riot. Kim really has done a great job with him and I think she has grown enormously as a handler and trainer.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Wow, I second/third that. You look great. Did you go on a diet or just the agility and exercise. Keep it up.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey - i started weight watchers - right now i am also going to the gym, but im just maintaining. ill never be tiny but ill be fit :)

and rah was a hoot in that ring. i have no idea why he went back to the pile on articles - and at one point betsy the judge has be call him back. and what about the finish from a down on the right side? he's nothing if not creative.

and yes, joanne, i saw you at nationals both years - i went to KY (where he finished his CDX) and this last year in MA - that was his last show, the injury that manifested itself there that i had to pull him has since become career ending - with his DCM, i wont put him through the diagnostics necessary to go further, but im assuming its probably some degree of a herniated disk or wobblers. either way, he took me further and taught me more than i could have ever asked! i may bring him back out for a few things here and there, but right now he just rules the house as King Of Everything He Could Ever See (TM).

·
Registered
7,604 Posts
Rah is such a sweet boy, guess he just had an off day. I had to laugh out loud when he started shaking the glove. Dobes just wanna have fun, lol. I agree, you look great!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I watched the first few minutes, and thought to myself you must work very hard with your boy to have him looking so good.

I also chuckled to myself a few times.
I show my horses in Halter & Showmanship which is similar I think. They are to walk, jog, turn, setup, stand stock still, while making it look seemless.

When Rah wasn't responding the way you wanted I could almost feel you grit your teeth and close your eyes. (or maybe that was me feeling your pain)

We try so hard, spend all this time working at home, and then, they remind us they are animals.

I can appreciate your dedication. Often a cold beverage is in order on those days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts