Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the email from our breeder... our baby mama is in labor! :D

After two years of reading, searching, and waiting, the time is here, and I am giddy with excitment!

You guys will have pictures as soon as I do... any advice you have for this first time dobermom (without my mom lol) is appreciated!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Just got the email from our breeder... our baby mama is in labor! :D

After two years of reading, searching, and waiting, the time is here, and I am giddy with excitment!

You guys will have pictures as soon as I do... any advice you have for this first time dobermom (without my mom lol) is appreciated!
Advice? Patience. It'll be a long 12 weeks!

Best of luck to you and the "baby mama!"

Reactions: kpal4978

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not an overly patient person when it comes to waiting for something lol... but I guess I do not have a choice =]

My poor family has already been flooded with parents of his pictures, now that he is finally here, they are going to hate me lol. I will post them all on here as well, I see some of you enjoy puppy pics as much as me!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Any updates yet?

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, nothing yet... I am sure she is super busy. The xray last week counted at least 11 puppies, and she was just starting to go at mid afternoon. I am not sure how long these things take, but I read that it may be a while. I do not expect her to be stopping to send me updates via email lol... but I am terribly anxious to hear!!! Like I said, not the most patient person when it comes to waiting...

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
Ohhhhh.... congratulations!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you. I look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!!! I am so beyond excited and anxious to hear he is finally here... that he is a real puppy, instead of "our one day pup" that was not even real yet lol

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HE IS HERE!!!! The breeder just emailed me. Said the first pup came at 7pm, and they are up to 5 now... 4 boys, and 1 girl! So my little doberboy is here! I am hoping to get a boy that comes after midnight though, because June 26th is important in my family bday wise, so it would be quite loverly that he come on that day. Ughh... after 2 years of searching and waiting, this is nuts lol.

You guys will get pics as soon as I do lol

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Wow, that's a huge litter! What is the breeding?

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
one little girl was born still, but the rest seem happy and hungry! I am so excited! I am first on the waiting list for a boy, so she will have a lot to choose from for us!

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I understand she is probably exhausted (from ebing up all night) and preoccupied with so MANY puppies... but I amd DYING for pictures!

·
Sirai Dobermans
2,100 Posts
Jeeeeeeez! A GIGANTIC litter! 9 boys! At least you know yours is in there!

Patience grasshopper.:D Although I know you're DYING to see pix! If it helps...I didn't even see pix of my girl until just before she was sent to me. Talk about torture!

·
Mo's Mom
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh man lol, I could not do that. Melissa is great about keeping us updated though... she even stopped once DURING the labor to let us know how she was doing. I speak with her at laest once a week about the progress of the pregnancy, and any questions I might have about the puppy. She sent me pictures of mama Brie as she grew huge with 15 puppies, and so I am sure I will have baby pictures real soon... and like I said, as soon as I get them, there will be a baby pic thread lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts