Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was home alone getting ready for work this morning when I thought I heard my garage door open. I peeked out to see if Hubby came back home for tools, but his truck wasn’t in the driveway. Then I peeked out the other way and saw a strange man bent over in my garage going through stuff. I waited until he was distracted and let Flirt out (garage is behind the house) - she flew to him silently and then WHAM she went Dobe on him - bark growl spit flying. No bite, just noise. No threat of a bite to be clear :) The guy screamed a cuss word stood up and at that very moment, I saw my husband bent over also. The second hubby said her name she became a giant wiggle butt and nose “pokeyed” the once bad guy to pet her. I felt so bad for him, but GOOD GIRL FLIRT!!!

Boy did I feel bad, but on the other hand, don’t mess with Miss Flirt. And yes in hindsight it may not have been the most common sense thing to do IF it really was a bad guy. What would I have done then in my pjs and Birkenstocks??? and note to husband, TELL ME IF YOU COME BACK HOME! Thankfully, his employee has a good sense of humor and wasn’t upset.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I was home alone getting ready for work this morning when I thought I heard my garage door open. I peeked out to see if Hubby came back home for tools, but his truck wasn’t in the driveway. Then I peeked out the other way and saw a strange man bent over in my garage going through stuff. I waited until he was distracted and let Flirt out (garage is behind the house) - she flew to him silently and then WHAM she went Dobe on him - bark growl spit flying. No bite, just noise. No threat of a bite to be clear :) The guy screamed a cuss word stood up and at that very moment, I saw my husband bent over also. The second hubby said her name she became a giant wiggle butt and nose “pokeyed” the once bad guy to pet her. I felt so bad for him, but GOOD GIRL FLIRT!!!

Boy did I feel bad, but on the other hand, don’t mess with Miss Flirt. And yes in hindsight it may not have been the most common sense thing to do IF it really was a bad guy. What would I have done then in my pjs and Birkenstocks??? and note to husband, TELL ME IF YOU COME BACK HOME! Thankfully, his employee has a good sense of humor and wasn’t upset.
lmao ! good thing he did ot have a weak bladder

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
LMAO!!! That is too funny! And good girl, Flirt!!! Extra cookies and bum scritches for her!

Honestly, I'd have probably done the same thing. If it had been a 'bad guy' he's likely not too 'bad' if he's just digging thru stuff in your garage (who keeps good stuff worth stealing out there? I know I don't.). I would figure it's some punk who could use a good scare. :) Probably a more dangerous type of 'bad guy' would be one who tries to break into your home when you're in it, and they would likely try to hurt a dog, then I'd try to keep them from getting close to that kind of intruder.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This poor guy probably also doesn't know I'm having a really stressful time at work and every time I picture his face, I do giggle just a tiny bit. Maybe we should invite he and his wife over for dinner to make up for it or something :)

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
This poor guy probably also doesn't know I'm having a really stressful time at work and every time I picture his face, I do giggle just a tiny bit. Maybe we should invite he and his wife over for dinner to make up for it or something :)
Good idea! You should let Flirt answer the door for your dinner guests... ;)

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
I may or may not feel bad for doing this kind of thing. But probably not. Granted, I've apparently taught Elka that "Git 'em!" means lick and love "attack" without mercy, complete with dancing. So. There's that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts