Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe that I was worried last week because Lucan was so calm and laid back. Not anymore! OMG, I was not prepared for this. He is into everything. He enjoys bringing all of his "finds" into his bed. We have to have a daily cleanout so there's room for him to sleep. He's getting lots of exercise and enjoys retrieving sticks. I read in one of the posts about zoomies and yes, he has started doing those every morning when he wakes up. It must be wonderful to wake up that happy! He's doing well on the Canidae food some of you suggested. I mix in a little cottage cheese and he loves that. Sorry, just had to share. I'm sure my co-workers are tired of hearing about him.:blah_2_ma

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Sorry, just had to share. I'm sure my co-workers are tired of hearing about him.:blah_2_ma
Haha, that's what we're here for. I had to join this forum because my hubby (and the rest of my family) was starting to go crazy hearing about all the puppy talk.

So feel free to talk all you want! ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Fun times will only get 'funner' LOL.........

The zoomies never go out of style either, Orson is almost a year and has them everyday, my last boy was over 7 and doing them still!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
This is a great forum for talking about your baby. I talked (and still talk) so much about Cole that I think I even burned out his breeders! Would love to see pics of your boy.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Ahhh, I love the zoomies. I regret I was not with my girl the last minutes of her life but I just know deep down in my deepest heart that she died doing the zoomies she was so famous for at the age of 9 1/2 and what she loved doing most. I see Jordan darting around the house, up the stairs and through the back yard and my heart skips a beat every time.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Trust us when we say it.....we never tire of stories!!! I for one wouldn't be here if I didn't want to be LOL It's nice to come here and know that you guys are crazy about your Dobes like I am :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
This is a great forum for talking about your baby. I talked (and still talk) so much about Cole that I think I even burned out his breeders!
I`m glad I`m not the only one. I don`t know if my breeder would answer me anymore. (unless it was some sort of crisis) She would probably have more e-mails than she can handle with all of her puppies through the years. Oh well. Thank Goodness for this forum.Its nice to know I`m not the only one over the top.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
WRONG!! I can NEVER hear enough about my babies! I still hear from people who got my first litter back in 1988!! They came back 12 years later for their next one so now I hear about that one.
I'd worry to death if I didn't hear about Miss Tamora from time to time!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I just wanted to mention (hate to be the spoil sport) but I never, NEVER encourage fetching sticks. I have seen way too many animals that trip and impale themselves on a stick, or partially swallow it and it becomes lodged (and pops through) the esophagus.

If they like sticks, they make rubber sticks that you can get,or just fetch safer objects like balls, toys, etc. Anything could be swallowed if the right shape, but rah doesn't face any danger from tripping with a tennis ball in his mouth!

Reactions: PeeWeesMama

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I hate the zoomies IN my house, two dobes, and two MinPins in a wee house! It's scary! LOL As for sticks I only throw them in the water for Mocha, Zoe hasn't quite decided on water yet. Once the weather gets better I am sure they will zoom in the water!!! I have to get more video of the knuckle heads!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I just wanted to mention (hate to be the spoil sport) but I never, NEVER encourage fetching sticks. I have seen way too many animals that trip and impale themselves on a stick, or partially swallow it and it becomes lodged (and pops through) the esophagus.

If they like sticks, they make rubber sticks that you can get,or just fetch safer objects like balls, toys, etc. Anything could be swallowed if the right shape, but rah doesn't face any danger from tripping with a tennis ball in his mouth!
Although I've been guilty of playing with sticks with my girl as well, I have to second this, I had a friend who's min. aussie drove a stick through the roof of her mouth into her head. It lodged itself behind one eye. *shivers* Remarkably after surgery, she was fine.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I love the zoomies, all my dogs get the zoomies and it is so fun to watch!!
Where's the pictures?? We always love to see pictures!!

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts

omg.. I JUST bought the rubber stick yesterday. Fortunately, there are no trees in our backyard to produce the real kind!

Dang, it's useful having a vet onboard!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will definitely stop throwing the sticks. Thanks for the info. He prefers his Kong ball anyway so I'll just continue using that. I will try to post some pics this weekend. I have some good ones of him with his friend Nigel the cat.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yes, Lucan is so handsome. Can we see some pictures? Pleaseeee?

·
Registered
696 Posts

It makes me cringe to see a dog running with the stick pointing stright out. I have seen what happens on Emergency Vets. Gatta love Animal Planet!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Ah yes........Rudi likes to occasionally "steal" things and bring them back to the "nest."

Over the past few months I have been repainting the interior of the entire house. I now know to look in his nest for my rolls of painters tape. I spent 20 minutes the first time looking for it....I thought I had lost my mind. and there it was all amongst his stuffies. Crazy dog!

Funny thing about it is that it looks like he just picks it up and takes it to his nest and drops it. Perfectly intact, with only a few teeth marks. LOL Or is it that I am spending too much time with the roll of tape and not him? Hmmmmmm............

1 - 20 of 26 Posts