Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll lets hear about the people behind the dobes, what do ya do? What do ya like(besides dobes duh!)? Hobbies? Whatever!!!! :dancing_b Anything you want to tell us!

I'm married-2 years this Sept!,
2 stepboys- 12-14 challenging but fun (sometimes :smileysto )
Animal freak! 3 dogs, 3 cats, 1 snake
I'm a skin care consultant
HORSE NUT! Had horses up till about 1 1/2 years ago (sniff...sniff)
Love outdoor stuff, biking, riding, hiking when I can get to it....

Okay I can't stay away from it this long!! I LOVE MY DOBIE!!!!

I love my friends and family, they have made me who I am...

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Great idea Jesse :)
Skin care consultant eh? I've got this wicked combo-skin problem now that we've moved from wicked dry North Dakota to the humidity capital of the world, Okinawa....

I'm married - 11 years in October
1 daughter, 6 years old starts first grade next week and I'm going to just die!
Full time (OK so I've taken the last year and half off but start again on Sep 6) student at UMUC, Social Science Major/English Minor, only 20 hours left, yeah and then grad school, probably University of Phoenix since well we are overseas and my options are limited.
Have traveled the world with my husband and daughter because he's in the Air Force and LOVE it but am starting to think a house and a little property wouldn't be a bad thing. (way more room for Chi to run and maybe another :)
Much to my husbands dismay I LOVE critters, traveling around the world with them isn't easy or cheap but thank God he understands and doesn't gripe about it too much :)
Originally from the St. Louis area
and I tend to be long-winded and sarcastic from time to time.

Me in a nutshell :)

·
Registered
742 Posts
Well, my name is Tom. Im 22 y/o and currently have custody of my nephew. I am an animal nut, i have King and two cats. Currently im am unemployed because i have OCD(obsessive-compulsive disorder...fear of germs), but i have that almost under control and am looking for work. I am totally obsessed with anything to do with cars. I eat, think, and live cars. My favorite cars are Mutangs and Datsuns.
I love Dobe's(obviously), pitbulls, boxer, and dogo argentinos'. I listen to mostly hiphop, but i like rock/alternative as well. My family means a lot to me, especially my grandparents.

·
Registered
421 Posts
My name is Jocelyn I turn 22 on septmeber 2nd,live in Ohio in a small farming community(the only way I cna think to explain it!). Love all animals. I had a beautifull arabian but my mom traded him away for our corgi six years ago :mad: I would have loved to work in the animal field but nothing makes enough. I end up taking in half the strays people dump by us and I am a sucker for small furry animals:)

I am currently in my third semester of rn clinicals. Start psych nursing tommorow! I love anatomy and genetics.

I collect my little ponies. I know its kinda odd but I love the things!
Here are some old pics of my collection if anyone cares!
http://www.mlparena.com/index.php?s...me=gallery2&file=index&include=view_album.php

I've been with my bf for six years on september 11th(great anniversery huh?). Here is a pic of us four years ago before prom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/joceboo/Joce_and_chaz_prom_pic_white_room.jpg

I love cars too! We seem to only play with hondas but I love mustangs! Although right now I really want a supra. My bf works at a stereo shop so we are constantly screwing around with that.Here is the second crx we did
http://photobucket.com/albums/v195/joceboo/?action=view&current=crx_front_left_side_view.jpg
,it just got turboed and the body kit though. We got a 99 eclipse that got rolled so we ae looking for a donor body now. I figure when I get my sign on bonus I'll buy my 95 ish mustang. I really want the cobra but It'll be a while before I have enough cash for that.
From byrons dogster page you can see my other babies. A corgi,husky and a beagle mix,and the cute kitties. I've forgiven the corgi for the horse thing! She was supposed to be shown but my mom never went through with it.

Yeah,I like to talk about myself :haha: Any questions just ask!

·
Banned
216 Posts
My name is Kia I am 25 years old and I live in Morganton, NC which is a little town east of Asheville.

Besides my dogs I enjoy horror movies, country music, painting/drawing, and laughing.

Also in addition to my Dobermans there is a resident American pit bull terrier here (my brothers) who is shown in conformation. He will be competing in the nationals this October.

I dont have any kids (except my dogs).
I started an Info Systems degree in college 2 years ago but took a vacation and as yet, Ive not made it back. I am going to be returning although Im not sure what degree I am going to be going for...maybe some type of Drug Conseuling or Interior design. I spend a lot of time on the computer so that would seem to be an obvious choice but this is a hobby and I dont want it as a career. LOL

I am an open minded person and I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion as long as its not forced on me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have three major loves in my life....

1. My husband- of course! We're newlyweds. We got married in May but we have been together for seven years. I guess you could call him my high school sweetheart since we met in school but both left shortly after. :eek:

2. Ava, who means the absolute world to me. When I brought Ava home, I was dealing with some devistating family issues and I don't know how I would have pulled through it all without her. She's not just a dog to me but my best friend.

3. My car- A crimson red 2004 Mustang GT 40th anniversary edition. I find it pathetic how I gaze lovingly at a hunk of metal but I can't help myself. :rolleyes: Aside from Ava, this is the second thing in my life that I am constantly spending money on... On mods, not repairs.

I work in a vet hospital and have for the past five years, though I am trying to find another career path. Not sure yet what I want to do but I know it's not what I have been doing.

We own our own home in a lovely wooded area, which it right on the edge of town conservation land. It makes for a nice place to take the dogs but like with every other place on Cape Cod, it's gaining in popularity so it's not as quiet as it used to be.

So aside from all that my hobbies are reading(I LOVE Carl Hiaasen's books), cooking, running, mountain biking and tending to my fish pond.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
My name is Katie, I am 23 years old. I will be married for 3 years on December 20th. :) I am also an animal freak I will take in anything if my husband and I don't argue about it.

That is my only problem, he doesn't want a lot of animals in the house so I have to suffer. :sadcry:

Anyways, I have 2 cats Cubby and Rachel, as well as my dobie. :D I am working on trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I have always wanted to be a vet, I just can't stick with school that long. :( I am currently looking for a new work place so I wont get in to that one.

I tend to be the quiet one of the group, although if I am within a smaller group I tend to become the loud and outgoing person.

·
Registered
265 Posts
My name is Tracy and i will be 28 years old in OCt. We live in beautiful southwest VA...I have 5 children.... yes i said 5 ages 8, 7, 6, 4, and 2 3 girls 2 boys...pic below in siggy..... i have been married for 9 years been together 10 :) i am a full time mom lol altho with tyler goin to preK this year i will only have kimberly home so am considering findin a day job....I was takin an at-home course to be a veternarian assistant but have been slackin in that lately lol with kids home for summer not time for anythin else...
I enjoy spendin time with hubby..goin to concerts....(country) and reading..(cassie edwards my fav)
I am an easy goin person most of the time until it comes to my kids or dogs.....hmmm thats about it i supose lol

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Ok well, this is going to be long! Well, I think I am the old one in the group! As of Oct 2 :shhhh: I will be 29 and 252 Months, for those of you who are rushing to get the calulators. (that is 50) :eek2:
My husband and I have been married for 33 years. We have 2 grown children, Christopher 31 who lives in Alaska with our grandson Erik age 11 and a Daughter Keiko who is 29, She lives in New Mexico with her Air Force husband and our grandson Evan age 6 and Granddaughter Brooklyn age 14 months.
We are retired Air Force and have lived all over the world, Japan twice, England, Crete Greece, San Antonio, Homestead, FL. and Anchorage, Alaska before moving back to our hometown in St. Joseph, MO.
My husband currently works for the USPS. I have a home base business, a Photographer and I have my own wedding and Pet Photography company.. Capture the Moment Photography. I also have started a dog business, BowWow Treat.. I make dog cookies and treats, custom coats, Kennel cover, beds and lots of other things. If that was not enough, I recently as of 1 week ago got my Real Estate License(hey anyone want to sell their house or want to buy one Hee Hee)
We have had Dobermans in our lives since 1973. I would say that they are my life! We currently own 4 dobermans and 2 cats.. If I had it my way, I would love to open a Dog Wash and Training center in our town. Anyone want to loan me the Money??!!
I love being able to be at home with my dogs. Sorry so long but you know how us OLD FARTS are LONG WINDED!! :3dbiggrin

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Well I guess it is my turn now. :D

My name is Carl, and I live in NJ just outside of the city of Philadelphia. I am 35 years old and have been married to my wife for 13 years as of 8-7-05. We have 2 children both girls one is going to be 11 next month and the other turns 3 in March 06. I know before you tell me, we are idiots for waiting so long. I hear it all the time, and I couldnt agree more. :)

I work as a System's Administrator for a very large privately held Fleet Leasing company, it's okay but I am not much of a desk type guy. I like the hours because it allows me to spend alot of time with my family not to mention I am able to surf the web all day and look like I am working lol. Prior to this I spent 10 years in Sales as a District Manager for a Nationwide Auto repair chain. Lets just say REATIL SUCKS!

I own a small Computer Repair and IT Consultation businness that caters to local folks in my spare time. (When I have spare time)

My hobbies include Computers, Cars, Fishing, and in the summertime my deck and pool. You can usually find me on the weekends out on the deck enjoying a Mudslide by the pool with the laptop surfing the web via Wifi.

I love Football - and we all know the Eagles are going back to the Bowl and WIN this year.:haha:
Back to my love of cars - my favorite car is the Mustang. I have owned 7 of them over the years so far. I still own one but I am really considering trading it for a Boat

Here is a few pictures of my stang.

Besides that I spend the rest of my time with my family and ofcourse my Doberman - Takira. We walk everyday atleast 45 minutes and play some ball, she loves to sit out on the deck and sun herself. Once a week we do OB trainign classes to get out and socialize with other's.

Hmm I guess thats it for now.

DA

·
Registered
742 Posts
Doberadmin said:

My name is Carl, and I live in NJ just outside of the city of Philadelphia. I am 35 years old and have been married to my wife for 13 years as of 8-7-05. We have 2 children both girls one is going to be 11 next month and the other turns 3 in March 06. I know before you tell me, we are idiots for waiting so long. I hear it all the time, and I couldnt agree more. :)

I work as a System's Administrator for a very large privately held Fleet Leasing company, it's okay but I am not much of a desk type guy. I like the hours because it allows me to spend alot of time with my family not to mention I am able to surf the web all day and look like I am working lol. Prior to this I spent 10 years in Sales as a District Manager for a Nationwide Auto repair chain. Lets just say REATIL SUCKS!

I own a small Computer Repair and IT Consultation businness that caters to local folks in my spare time. (When I have spare time)

My hobbies include Computers, Cars, Fishing, and in the summertime my deck and pool. You can usually find me on the weekends out on the deck enjoying a Mudslide by the pool with the laptop surfing the web via Wifi.

I love Football - and we all know the Eagles are going back to the Bowl and WIN this year.:haha:
Back to my love of cars - my favorite car is the Mustang. I have owned 7 of them over the years so far. I still own one but I am really considering trading it for a Boat

Besides that I spend the rest of my time with my family and ofcourse my Doberman - Takira. We walk everyday atleast 45 minutes and play some ball, she loves to sit out on the deck and sun herself. Once a week we do OB trainign classes to get out and socialize with other's.

Hmm I guess thats it for now.

DA
OOOOOOO, an 4eye's. DROOOOOOOL
ever been to www.foureyedpride.com ?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Seems like we have a lot of Mustang fans here. I guess people who love Dobermans have good taste. :cool:

Nice car Carl! Love the hood!

·
Banned
375 Posts
21 owner of two dobes, 2 cats, 2 turtles, 2 birds,2 daushounds :D... i have a farm... had horses until i was 17 and cows, chickens and ducks till i was 19... OMG... i have a zoo... i had a python till 3 years ago...

love outdoors, riding horses, biking, hiking, all the stuff you can thinmk of outdoors. lol i prolly do it

·
Registered
26 Posts
My name is Lisa. I am 24 years old living in Central Illinois (Urbana, to be exact) I went to the University of Illinois and got my BS in animal sciences pre vet. I decided that I liked lab work way more than going to vet school, so right now I am getting my Ph.D in animal genetics. I am working with pigs doing Diabetes research for humans. I hope to get my degree in a few years, I'm starting my 3rd year of grad school (2nd actually in my lab) and am starting to get sick of this town! I live with my Dobe Simon, and my rabbit Nutmeg (funny how he got his name, originally named him meggie thinking he was a girl but then he grew his boy parts so it turned to nutmeg haha) I have a calico cat at home Quilty that is too old to come live with me, besides if I took her I think my mom would be lonely without her! I am single and enjoy crafts, playing guitar, and running (possibly training for a half marathon). I'd have a ton more pets if I had the money for em! Having a zoo isn't really feasible on a grad students budget, I had to scrape to get my Simon, but hes well worth it!

I am with a lot of you, I'm long winded! I can post some of the longest posts....

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
carl, where in southern NJ? i used to live in west deptford and mantua when i was young!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Doberadmin said:

DA

What a typical guy!!!! Look at all those pics of your car!! Geez oh pete!!! My hubby would be up in arms about the eagles statement, he is a DIE HARD browns fan ( :sprint: I'm so not a football person!) No matter how many times they LOSE!!!!! I think he should seek professional help......

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rick, Eva & LoKi

Im 21 and Eva's 23
I currently live in FL and will be moving back to IL shortly. I am a store manager for radioshacks cellular sales division. Eva just graduated from USF with a bachelors in enviromental science.

we have LoKi and mr. kitty. aka Corona

me

my baby, 96 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

eva

1 - 20 of 22 Posts