Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO friday I wnent to this vet to pick up a job application and a little dobe pup walked in but at first i wasnt sure it was a dobe. Usually i can tell between a dobe and a rott puppy but this one a couldnt and i thought maybe it was a mix. So i asked the woman what it was she said with and attitude its a dobe of course like gosh why dont you know this. I just looked at the puppy like that is the ugliest dobe ive ever seen it looked like a mix between a dobe and a kelpie or something then i asked how old it was she said almost six months and im thinking man he is offially small she then walked the dog on the scale only 15 lbs! at 6 Months no way its a purebred that would make it the smallest dobe ever alice was 50 lbs at 6 months but ya i just thought it was funny she was so stuck up about her dog that was not attractive or correct

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
I once had a couple tell me their full grown Beagle mix was a pure bred Dobe puppy they rescued. We were at Pet Smart and they brought it up by asking what kind of dog Fiona was. The dog (according to the couple) was the same age as Fiona (about 5-months old) and Fiona was standing right there, towering over this little dog. LOL Their dog was not a puppy of any breed. Period. LOL

I politely told them again that my puppy is a pure bred Doberman and I really thought their dog was likely a Beagle mix (I grew up with Beagles as well - I know a Beagle when I see one). With a straight face they managed to say yet again that their dog was a Dobe puppy. LOL LOL They did look Fiona over pretty good and their expressions turned a little confused but they stood firm that their dog was a Dobe puppy. LOL

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what i was thinking we had a new BYB dobe breeder pop up this year in our small town and she had a litter a few months back I was thinking what a poor woman some one obviously tricked her into thinking she had something special but when my pup who came from a crappy BYB looks 1000x better than this BYB pup im thinking man-o-man thats sad

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I once had a couple tell me their full grown Beagle mix was a pure bred Dobe puppy they rescued. We were at Pet Smart and they brought it up by asking what kind of dog Fiona was. The dog (according to the couple) was the same age as Fiona (about 5-months old) and Fiona was standing right there, towering over this little dog. LOL Their dog was not a puppy of any breed. Period. LOL

I politely told them again that my puppy is a pure bred Doberman and I really thought their dog was likely a Beagle mix (I grew up with Beagles as well - I know a Beagle when I see one). With a straight face they managed to say yet again that their dog was a Dobe puppy. LOL LOL They did look Fiona over pretty good and their expressions turned a little confused but they stood firm that their dog was a Dobe puppy. LOL

:roflmao: :emo: :roflmao:

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
I was pretty stumped last time we were at Fort Funston. There was a guy with a red dobe pup, clearly a dobe, but he said it was 6 months old, and it looked TINY. He was around 30 pounds and scared to death of everything. Looked pure dobe, just.... tiny.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hear this almost everyday at work. People think they have purebred dogs that clearly arent.
Couple brings in cute fluff ball. Looks like a yorkie poo or something
"He's cute, what is he?"
"He's a purebred XXX"
"oh.... cute"
thinking "no its not..." and then they usually try to brag about how much he cost and I kind feel bad for them but at the same time dont. Thats what you get when you impulse buy without researching.

·
Registered
716 Posts

You know I'm suprised that at that moment, FIONA didn't pipe up and either say, "THAT IS NOT A DOBERMAN IDIOTS, I'M A DOBERMAN!" or just start LAUGHING at the couple!:roflmao:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I remember reading a poem called 'the Ugly duckling" ina Doberman publication. The bottom line is turned into a SWAN! Was a wonderful poem.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
I get a kick out of people that say they have miniature dobermans too, seriously, there is no "doberman" anywhere in Min Pin. But somehow they are now being called Mini dobes ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
You'd think with Internet available to the masses that there would be less stupid people out there but guess not.
You all know the saying, "you can't fix stupid" :fool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts