·
Registered
2,273 Posts
WOW! Thats all I can say!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I don't think that root is at all uncommon in size. Puppy teeth fall out because the adult tooth reabsorbs the root on the puppy teeth. If for some reason those roots aren't reabsorbed, then yes, you'll see a root this large.

That's why it's NOT a good idea to try to pry retained puppy teeth, wiggle them or anything else. Puppy teeth aren't as strong as permanent teeth, and if the puppy has a complete root like this, the tooth is going to break off before it comes out if any kind of force is used.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,616 Posts
Wow, that's a baby tooth? I'd keep that bad boy too!
Yep, you could string it up like a Shark Tooth Necklace and sell it on EBay with a caption something like: "Dobe Baby Tooth Necklace- (Adult Tooth Too Big To Wear)" !! :)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,616 Posts
Yep, you could string it up like a Shark Tooth Necklace and sell it on EBay with a caption something like: "Dobe Baby Tooth Necklace- (Adult Tooth Too Big To Wear)" !! :)
Whoops! Forgot to add the disclaimer......

[Disclaimer: Above remark is intended to be facetious (humorous) and not meant to incite abuse or cruelty toward the Doberman or any other canine breeds]

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The 1st day we were able to see Oliver, we were in the yard with him and he spit out 2 of his baby teeth. My husband picked them up and put them in his pocket. They were no where as big as that one. Better that thing is out.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
The 1st day we were able to see Oliver, we were in the yard with him and he spit out 2 of his baby teeth. My husband picked them up and put them in his pocket. They were no where as big as that one..
Again, this is because when a puppy tooth falls out naturally, it's because the root has been reabsorbed by the permanent tooth. So you can't really compare teeth that fell out naturally with one that wasn't going to come out on it's own, because that root didn't get reabsorbed.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Again, this is because when a puppy tooth falls out naturally, it's because the root has been reabsorbed by the permanent tooth. So you can't really compare teeth that fell out naturally with one that wasn't going to come out on it's own, because that root didn't get reabsorbed.
Oh I never meant to imply that the root was abnormal! It's the right size for not having been absorbed but it wasn't going to come out on it's own.

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
wow, bet he is glad to be rid of that nasty thing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts