Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ear Infection: Number 1 Reason Why Dogs Visit the Vet

Thought this was interesting, but mainly posting for the ear cleaning information as I am a firm believer in the acv/water solution. It makes the surface of the skin inhospitable to bacteria and fungi. Parker has an inclination toward yeasty ears because of his allergies and the acv/water keeps his ears healthy.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Linda, could you tell me what acv/water solution is, what it is made of? Our new girl had a bacterial infection in her one ear that stands, it is ok now, but in the future it might be a better choice to keep it from coming back. Thanks

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Linda, could you tell me what acv/water solution is, what it is made of? Our new girl had a bacterial infection in her one ear that stands, it is ok now, but in the future it might be a better choice to keep it from coming back. Thanks
ACV is apple cider vinegar. You dilute it into water. I also use it to lightly spray on and wipe down my girls coats to deodorize and shine as needed. In the summer it's a natural mosquito repellant (though I still use a topical flea, tick, & mosquito repellant preventatively each month - we have lots of ticks in this area and I don't want to chance tick borne illness).

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, acv is apple cider vinegar. Sorry, I thought the article stated that fact. I keep an old Spray and Wash bottle with the mix next to the couch as I use it so often. Anytime Parker gets a rash, itchy bump, or just an odd looking spot, it gets sprayed. Last year, when he got a hot spot and the fur stuck over it, I started spraying it and it cleared right up. I wouldnt spray on a raw place as it will sting. Acv/water is miracle stuff and dirt cheap! Use 1 cup mixed in 1 gallon of water as a final rinse after you bath your dog to help prevent crud from developing. Let them drip dry or blow dry after using to leave on skin. For dogs with allergies acv/water is worth its weight in gold!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I can read, really I can.....I guess the "Organic" through me off. Duh! Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts