Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I was thinking it would put him in the middle of road,stupid me! you drive on the opposite side of the road to us.I would need it on the other side of the bike to keep a dog on the pavement(sidewalk)

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, and a word of advice if anyone is interested in getting a springer and a new bike.....get the springer first, and bring it to the bike shop and make sure it fits the bike properly....I had to do a little "bike fabrication" to make it fit right. But i will say that the springer works GREAT! I cant even tell he is attached.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brum, you can switch which side it is on easily. It slips on and a pin goes through it. So you can switch the side every day if you want.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Very interesting!i have to walk five miles to keep Tia in shape,i would rather ride and let her do the walking.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh Oh Oh, that is what I want for our bike built for two.. that springer thing where did you get it??? can you just see me and hubby.. Hubby on front Spirit on one side and Iris on the other
Me in back with Raven on one side and Gypsy on the other LOL

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Cool looking set-up. It won't be long before Rommel goes crazy any time you so much as move the bike. You did good getting it at a Bike Shop, those guys will help you out should you have any problems.

Here's a cool site with repair-maintnence tips and instructions:

http://www.parktool.com/repair/bikemap.asp

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That is great. I want to get one, but scared how they will react with it. Let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Very cool! I still don't get what happens when a dog decides to veer off to the side. How does the release mechanism work? Does the springer clip directly to the dog's collar or is there a leash involved in between?

What's that thing just before the handle bars? It's glowing in the pic. Sort of looks like a flexi.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
yeah from what I read it sounded to me like the release meant that it would free the dog from the attachment...then you have another problem on your hands of a loose dog. lol But Im sure they wouldnt make something like that...that is just how I interpreted the wording lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts