Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a call today from the vet that did Asher's holter. I have not had the best of luck with this. They are from out of state that I went on a referral from my vet for a second opinion. We ended up with 2 holters the first time. The first one cut out in the middle of the night somehow and quit reading, so they had to overnight me a second one. Well, they called me today to tell me that the second one was reading at too high of a speed. Something about the belt inside of it. I am not a technical person with electronics. Urgh! So needless to say, poor Asher sat there for 3 says with those wires on and we have nothing. This is exactly how my luck goes. I told the tech that on the ohone when the first one went out. They are sending me a third one at no charge. This one will be digital so they will be able to see more. More pricey. They are hoping that they will be able to keep it on hand. I hope so for them. So now I wait for them to send it and I will have my vet hook it up. Another night with the wires on him. I hope this time we get some information. Third time is the charm, right? They wanted the holter before he started the Digoxin though. He has been on it. The good thing is that he has more energy in the past few days chasing his toys. So I am thinking that it is helping. Sorry for the rant. I feel like pulling out my hair sometimes.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Wow, Im sorry. Hopefully this time you will get a better reading. Electronics are the devil, Im convinced. But at the same time, I dont think I could live without em.

I hope things go smoother for you guys this time :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Don't worry about "the rant" that's what we are here for so get it off your chest!
We just hope Ash improves with the results from the third(and hopefully the lucky)holter.Remember what i said, be positive, it helps.

·
Extraordimary
4,979 Posts
That is pretty bad luck when it comes to Holters. I Holter ~20 Dobermans a year, and I've only had one technical problem. I put the tape in backwards. It was my first year of being a contact person for the Holter study and I hadn't done too many yet. And wouldn't you know that it was on someone else's dog? I would have much preferred to make the mistake on one of my own. I was so embarrassed.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I try to be positive Brum. I just seem to have always had bad luck in the first place. This just is what was expected. They keep apoligizing to me. I keep telling them it is fine. I knew it wouldn't go smoothly. I hope that I will have it by tomorrow evening for his appt. with the vet to check his levels on the Dig. That way it will only be one drive for them to put it on while I am there. My vet isn't exactly a quick jaunt away, and it is a big ordeal for Asher now. I doubt that will happen, but I am hoping for the best. Positive thoughts!

Thanks Mary for the story. They are pretty astonished with the issues that we having. Usually it is simple. Can't do much wrong, right? That's funny though. I would have been really embarrassed too.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to tell my funny story on this too. Sorry. When I had to mail back both the holters, I had to work. I asked my mom if she would stop by the post office and mail them for me. My sister and BIL were going to pick up a St. Bernard puppy and she was going with. So on their way they stopped to drop off the package. My mom called me up telling me that she would never deliver another package again for me. We didn't even notice that it was 9/11. They asked her if it was ok to x-ray the package. Mind you the tapes where still running so the package was humming and had wires if they x-rayed it. She explained what it was. My sister had to explain to her how funny she looked since she was wearing black sweat pants and a black hoodie with a map sticking out of her pocket. She wondered why no one else had packages around to mail and looked at her funny. I felt bad, but had a great laugh out of it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts