Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I talked to my old trainer when Cleo died we talked about upcoming litters that she suggested to me and one in particular in Texas from there line (which I was interested in because of longevity). I just did a little looksy out of curiosity and they were born on the 13th. They have pictures of them still with the tails and so cute. Why do puppies have to be so darn cute?

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I did the same thing.....I looked at the litter I was considering before I lost my second dog suddenly and ended up buying Petey so quickly. The litter didn't have any Red Males, so I'm not sure if I would have taken one of the blacks or the blues. I would have picked up my puppy yesterday. I am very very happy with my boy...so no regrets at all!

Carol ox

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no regrets either. My husband and I discussed it to every detail and we said that either we would buy well bred or rescue if the conditions were right. I would rather have rescued and the conditions were right and I love my little man. I still can't help but to look at the puppies though and wonder which one would have ended up being mine if we decided to go with that litter.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Thanks for posting the website. I just love looking at puppies! Interesting how they got blacks and blues out of a black bitch and red male. That's genetics for you!
The sire is no longer alive....he was a beautiful dog! I may have gone for one of those Blues....sooooo cute!

Carol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lubirds 59, I got my last pup from Lucy (same web site you posted). She is great, and is breeding for the right reasons. I keep in touch with her every month or so, she is a great resource and is always willing to help with any problems you may be having from her litters. The litter mine came from last year was Tallyesyn Dream Chaser and Bravehearts Sweet Cinnamon. I would get another dog from her in a heartbeat. If you go to her home page and click on photo albums sent by proud owners our Jack is all the way down toward the bottom of the page sitting with a hat on in front of the Xmas tree.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Lubirds 59, I got my last pup from Lucy (same web site you posted). She is great, and is breeding for the right reasons. I keep in touch with her every month or so, she is a great resource and is always willing to help with any problems you may be having from her litters. The litter mine came from last year was Tallyesyn Dream Chaser and Bravehearts Sweet Cinnamon. I would get another dog from her in a heartbeat. If you go to her home page and click on photo albums sent by proud owners our Jack is all the way down toward the bottom of the page sitting with a hat on in front of the Xmas tree.
Very small world!!! Lucy seems like a wonderful person, and I thought one of her pups would have been awesome, she was my first choice of breeders! I did get approved for a puppy right after UNO died October, but then decided not to get a puppy, because Mason couldn't have handled the stress of a crazy puppy with his epilepsy....then he was put to sleep suddenly January 2, 2007 and I knew her puppies weren't even going to be coming for months....I couldn't wait, the sadness of losing my two boys only 3 months apart was too much for me...so I got PETEY! Only Red Male I could find and pick up ASAP. No more sadness....no time for that with my crazy boy!

Carol ox

BTW....great picture of Jack!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you go to her home page and click on photo albums sent by proud owners our Jack is all the way down toward the bottom of the page sitting with a hat on in front of the Xmas tree.
How cute! I think we need more pics of Jack :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Puppies

Post deleted

Rule No. 5 - No Self-Promotion
5) You will not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, forums, email address, business, MLM, activity, or other entities that you have an affiliation with (ie. no self-promotion).

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Those darn cute puppies. How dare they. he he he..

That is how we ended up with Titus. Our Magnus passed away and I told my husband that we should wait a while before we get our next one. He started looking with the idea that it would take a while to find a reputable breeder with a good puppy. Keep in mind that we were purely looking for a black/rust and he saw Titus and fell in love. He called me at work and said we are getting a red boy. I said " A red boy?" Needless to say that red boy has stolen my heart. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
OMG.....go back on and look at the pups at 8 weeks old!!! I want another one! Why do they have to grow up sooooo quickly!!!!
OMG! Look at their little cone heads! I want one too!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts