Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got our latest fido fleece just recently. I found out from Mrs Kratty, that a girl can't wear the same thing year after year. This is the new Ying Yang Paisley one they offered this year...

I'm glad I didn't make the Fashion Faux pa, how tramatic that would be...

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I love the paisley! Mrs. Kratty is right! A young beauty like Nikita could not been seen this year in last years fashions. I love the new coat, and what in the world is she eating....LOL

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww! the paisley is my favorite! they didnt have it at the store I had to choose from. It looks beautiful!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
It is very nice and retro. I thought the same thing. What in the world is she chewing on. It looks horrible! Haha!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL, it WAS a nerf football. Its just one of her supervised toys that we have. They really do not last very long since she pretty much bites right through them. She doesn't like to eat any of that stuff. Just destroys them, but then again its her toy...

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Looks like it's a pretty warm coat as well as good looking.I reckon she is saying in the second pic"Go away with that camera I'm too busy looking Goooood".

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Niki is a true fashionista in her new fleece! No Fashion Faux Paw (couldn't resist) here! With this cold weather it's high time I ordered Java one. Will have her call Niki to make sure they aren't wearing the same coat to the DP at the same time. That would be tragic!

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
lyngr said:
I want to get a fido fleece for Nike but since she's still growing, I haven't a clue as to what size I should go for? She's currently about 21" long at almost 6 months old.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Plenty of thoughts... http://www.fidofleece.com/category.cfm?Category=18

Here's a link to their site. The sizes are based on on length (from whiters to base of the tail and the girth of the chest. When I did the measurements, Nikita came in at a size 22. I went with a 24 due to I wanted it a little roamy plus the shrink value when you wash it. They do shrink but not much.

Based on yours girls age, I'm not sure you want to spend the money on one of these because you may only get a few months out of it, because she is still growing, and growing fast. We bought a coat for her at 4 months and she out grew it by 6 months. It wasn't a fido fleece one, but it wasn't cheap. she went through two jackets in her first winter season...

And JavasMom - That would be a shame to look alike, maybe or maybe not. I have already had two people on the Green tell me Java has gotten big, while we were down there training. They thought Nikita was Java. They might look alike without the jackets...

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I saw that pattern on the Fido Fleece site Krat, It looks fabulous on her!!! She looks like she has REALLY enjoyed that football!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Nice looking coat very unique looking.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Tell Mrs. Kratty she is 100% right! I love the new coat.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
lyngr said:
I want to get a fido fleece for Nike but since she's still growing, I haven't a clue as to what size I should go for? She's currently about 21" long at almost 6 months old.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I love Fido's Fleeces and have several. The site Kratty gave you is good.
Check out Old Navy, they usually have some coats. Mediums and Larges would probably fit her.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Bought Buddy a fleece jacket at Pet co for about $19.00 did not want to spend allot he is almost 7 mos. old figure he would eat it he did so I sew it back together. I would not spend allot of monies at this age since they are still growing & everything goes in their mouths.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Well if we put our Dobergirls together, it would be pretty clear who was who: Niki is the well-trained one, Java still needs work....!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts