Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tested out Odin's brand new life vest today in the lake, it was beautiful here in Seattle today. There were kids around and another dog playing and romping in the water. As well as a grumpy goose that kept trying to bite the kids, eventually the goose bit a boy and left a bruise.

Odin wasn't about to let that happen again, Odin will typically leave the birds alone when I tell him to leave it but after he saw the goose hurt the little boy he ran after it and chased it away :roflmao: he wasn't trying to hurt the goose but just scare it away.

Everyone that was at the lake, about 20 or so people all clapped and started calling him a hero dog and all the kids came up to him and were petting him and telling me that they love my dog.

The goose kept coming back and trying to be a grump and once again Odin would chase him off. I guess the goose had every right to try to chase everyone off his territory lol.

Other than that Odin did awesome in the water, but my legs are nothing but bruises now >_< it looks like I got into a fight with lord knows what. About 15 different claw bruises haha I would swim out in the lake and Odin would follow and when he would get to me his paw would claw me.

He is getting BIG, I swear he grew like 3 inches in one night, lol I had to get a size XL in the ruffwear life vest. So that he had a little room to grow into it, the L fit him perfect but he still has some growing to to do.

When I take Odin to the dog park the kids that come love to play fetch with him because he is the only dog that will drop the ball for them when they ask. He listens so well to them. I am so proud of him, he is well on his way of becoming an ambassador of the breed.

Sorry for no pics but I was by myself when I took Odin to the lake and couldn't manage him and the DSLR together. Next time tho ;)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Lovely story of Odin strengths & smarts, at such a young age.
Mon-O-man, he had a job to do, and no dame goose was going to spoil the kids and his fun outing.
- making Mom very proud, XoXo for your "protector" man / he sure is making impressive progress...seing his natural & balanced instincts kicking in

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hooray for Odin chasing off that nasty goose LOL :)

I never thought of getting Callie a life vest for the lake.. maybe that would bolster her confidence in the water. I'll be checking them out now, thanks!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lovely story of Odin strengths & smarts, at such a young age.
Mon-O-man, he had a job to do, and no dame goose was going to spoil the kids and his fun outing.
- making Mom very proud, XoXo for your "protector" man / he sure is making progress
He sure is, whenever we are walking he gets rewarded with free roam walking sniffing everything after behaving and heeling. When he walks past a pole and gets caught up I let him figure out how to correct himself to continue walking and it doesn't take no more than a few seconds to correct himself.

He still needs work on not barking at everyone he see's near our property, but he is doing better. There was a lady that was asking for change or food off the freeway today and I gave her a dollar but when she approached the car to grab the dollar Odin went into protection mode and scared her pretty good because she wasn't expecting that, heck I was expecting that.

Well at least I know I will be protected if some person attempts to car jack me ;)

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hooray for Odin chasing off that nasty goose LOL :)

I never thought of getting Callie a life vest for the lake.. maybe that would bolster her confidence in the water. I'll be checking them out now, thanks!
yeah I think it helps out a lot, he's getting the hang of it ;)

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good boy Odin! That left me with a funny mental image!
OMG I so wish I had a camera! The goose was beginning to go after a little girl and Odin saw it and began to chase after him from the water, the goose ran onto land flapping its wings with Odin running after him and then the goose ran into water until Odin turned around and that is when everyone clapped and started calling him the hero dog ;)

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Thats funny, I just watched this clip on TV of a goose that kept attacking a man fishing- He needed Odin to save him! :)

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o
1 - 10 of 10 Posts