Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

The Girls Outside!

1M views 89K replies 76 participants last post by  sissl 
#1 ·
I have no clue what order NoBite is going to post the pics, but there is a pic of my Dry Pond, Dominic and Princess Lily Belle. One pic of the neighbors DD's (well, at least 2 of the A-holes). The black Dane pup seems okay. I hope NB blows that pic up, so you can actually see their partial pack of dogs. But, if not, you can at least see I take pride in my property and the neighbors don't.

Spock,

Patience, Grasshopper!

>:)

#37,144 · (Edited)
Good morning all:nerd:
LOL AJ

What I'm trying to say is....

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I have no idea. :drinks_drunk: :grin2::laugh:

How does Trevor get through the check points at the airports?

Do they take him out of carrier and check to make sure he's not containing explosives? Oh! And hair gel?
>>
I have no idea.

SP - Beau glad he could ease your overseas travel curiosity....involving others.

#37,145 ·
Hey, Bug. Thought I'd comment here because the Corona thread has taken a more serious turn—

i've read The Egg and I too. AND The Plague and I. :) That one just recently—I was poking around Amazon and found that one in a list of her books, so I ordered it as a cheap add-on to something or the other I was getting anyway.

It is a real snapshot in time (I suppose all of her books are in a way)—sanatoriums are a thing of the past (well, yeah, obviously—I'm not into adept writing today.) I'd always seen pictures of folks in those stretched out lawnchair-looking things (some designs of which incidentally look very ikea these days)

but I had no idea what they were doing for treatments.

Colorado was apparently a magnet for TB patients—sunshine and clean cold dry air were supposed to help. Around 1900, supposedly 1/3 of the residents in Colorado Springs had come to improve their health.

These days of CoVid, accounts of that time make very interesting reading.

#37,146 ·
#37,149 ·
LOL AJ

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
I have no idea. :drinks_drunk: :grin2::laugh:

>>
I have no idea.

SP - Beau glad he could ease your overseas travel curiosity....involving others.
I told you all that I can find someone.

Don't underestimate me.

Even overseas.

0:)

#37,151 ·
Good Morning all!

Just finished boiled eggs and toast with butter and strawberry jam! Still drinking my coffee. I am working from home today! Yay. Have a program up already and working through some issues.

50% chance for rain today and tomorrow....so Mila will not be happy. And if Mila isnt happy.........:grin2:
Now, were the boiled eggs hard boiled?

When I have toast with butter and grape jelly, I like scrambled eggs and crispy bacon.

I hope this is acceptable when I come snag your dog.

Don't forget I am good at finding people.

:2surprise:

#37,152 · (Edited)
Good morning all:nerd:

Took our longer route for walk yesterday morning with Spock around nearby apartment complex. When passing last entrance drive, a guy who looked just like dude in video, but with grungy ball cap on and backpack, approached us. Spock's ears, hackles, antennas and whatever else he has, went up and he was on alert- zoned in mode, like I've never seen him. Normally Spock is very friendly to just about anyone he meets, after I greet the person and introduce him.

As a result, when grungy dude saw Mr. Spocko, he steered a wide berth and continued in opposite direction down walk! (I sure wish the small Terriers, Yorkies and Pomeranians we meet on walks would do the same, instead of talkin' smack to the our Dobes) :2smile:

We've had an increasing issue with homeless encroaching this side of town, including meth addicts at campsites in wooded areas, nothing like west coast cities, however. I thought this guy might have been dumpster diving?

My solution for homeless problem- Give them meals, fair wage, while training them all on road construction equipment and traffic control and put'tem to work on highways and public work projects, including big one on southern border.

#37,153 ·
Spain ?? that reminds me of a song !

Three Dog Night needs to rewrite that song, because I can attest after 37K+ posts on a Chicken Thread, there are indeed a few "insane ladies" in OK, as well as Spain... :grin2:

#37,154 ·
Hey SD - You going to be home this afternoon ? I want to call and talk to you about the scales you have - they look like the ticket to me
Yes, working on siding repairs today & one thousand other projects, but I think I can schedule you in for a tele-conference in afternoon.... :wink2:

#37,156 ·
Hey, Bug. Thought I'd comment here because the Corona thread has taken a more serious turn—

i've read The Egg and I too. AND The Plague and I. :) That one just recently—I was poking around Amazon and found that one in a list of her books, so I ordered it as a cheap add-on to something or the other I was getting anyway.

It is a real snapshot in time (I suppose all of her books are in a way)—sanatoriums are a thing of the past (well, yeah, obviously—I'm not into adept writing today.) I'd always seen pictures of folks in those stretched out lawnchair-looking things (some designs of which incidentally look very ikea these days)

but I had no idea what they were doing for treatments.

Colorado was apparently a magnet for TB patients—sunshine and clean cold dry air were supposed to help. Around 1900, supposedly 1/3 of the residents in Colorado Springs had come to improve their health.

These days of CoVid, accounts of that time make very interesting reading.
Yeah, sanatoriums--they really are a thing of the past, aren't they. Washington State seemed to have a lot of them too. Must have been the good air theory--couldn't have been the sunshine. I lived on the the outskirts of Seattle and not far from the suburban enclave there was a biggish County park and adjacent to that a TB sanatorium "Firlands" I think. We (the kids) were not supposed to be going around there--which of course made it a magnet--not that we ever saw anything.

No antibiotics to treat the bacteria that caused TB back then--I think that's when the sanatoriums disappeared (when they finally found one that worked).

But in the day there were a bunch of books that were set, in part, at least, in and around the TB sanatoriums

Talking about "The Plague and I" brought to mind another novel (put clearly mostly autobiographical) "Mrs Mike"--people who think we shouldn't require vaccination and that vaccines are a joke should read that one. It's set in Alaska (as I recall) and vaccines were pretty new stuff and in part it's a heart breaking story of a very different type of life where it was common to lose children to diseases that have mostly been eradicated--measles, mumps, whooping cough, diptheria etc--where women sadly refer to 3 and 4 children they lost--their "first family"--to epidemics.

ABTLH

#37,158 ·
Spain ?? that reminds me of a song !

Where are you Lannie,

I used to catch that one on the car radio from time to time and sing along with them (where no one would hear me other than the dogs) and revamp the line that goes "But I been to Oklahoma"--so that I sang, badly, "But I been to South Dakota" instead.

The dumb memories that a lot of music brings back...

ABTLH

#37,160 · (Edited)
Where are you Lannie,

I used to catch that one on the car radio from time to time and sing along with them (where no one would hear me other than the dogs) and revamp the line that goes "But I been to Oklahoma"--so that I sang, badly, "But I been to South Dakota" instead.

The dumb memories that a lot of music brings back...

ABTLH
that's back when they made great music [/B]