Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1501 - 1520 of 41314 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,503
Well, well, well, BJ.

Hmm, my feelings are hurt.

Where have you been, what were you doing, and why did you come back?

>:)

We were having so much fun trying to antagonize you into responding.

Puptalk, I am trying to go the cheapest route right now. Getting my panels back and setting up for a donkey seems cheap, however, I am sure not as cheap as I think it will be.

Can't afford a rifle this month. Got to pay the mortgage first. Already paid for panels and gas to get them while I am already there seems pretty cheap. Panels have been stored there for 3 years now. Might as well bring them home.

I have to start somewhere on the damn coyote. It took one of my rogue chickens (that won't go to bed in the proper place) 40-50 feet from me as I was sitting on my porch this morning. In broad daylight. Jumped from behind one of the only trees that close and took off with one of my Barred Rocks. It happend right there on my yard fence line. It happened so fast I've been traumatized all day!

:2surprise:

Too much protection needed and so little money right now.

Damn, I miss Dominic. He had a purpose.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,505
I don't know what these are STJ!

I know I couldn't have shot the coyote this morning. It hid and jumped out so fast and snagged dinner and was gone so fast I hardly had time to stand up.

There have been plenty of times it was standing motionless long enough close enough in the pasture for me to think I could get it. I talked to a hunter girl at work and she said I need a rifle.

Never had a gun. Don't know what the hell I need. I plan on doing this gun thing on my own with a trainer other than the Mister. I don't like his driving. He's not going to be allowed to teach me to shoot a gun until I can teach him to stay off people's asses while driving.

Yeah, I said it!

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,509
Oh, one more thing...

There needs to be an interactive game room where we are playing real people instead of computers on this site.

Just a thought. I would be more inclined to stay up later, if I had a real person to play a game with.

Had to have the last word.

:wink2:

Zzzzz

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stryker- The first gun I bought was when I was in my 20's, baking at 2 am at the family biz. I bought it in a small gunshop on layaway. Maybe, if you could do layaway ,it would be easier to acquire. The moss shotgun is a multi cartridge shotgun. The shot spreads out when you fire. It's hard to miss your target. Aiming is not incredibly important. Just point and fire. No time is wasted sighting your coyote target. A range is a good bet. I was taught at the police range. It is horrible to see a critter of your's grabbed! They are so fast! And they know you are not fast enough, so they snatch and run.
Loud noise helps to spook them. Sorry for you and your chicky.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Stryker- The first gun I bought was when I was in my 20's, baking at 2 am at the family biz. I bought it in a small gunshop on layaway. Maybe, if you could do layaway ,it would be easier to acquire. The moss shotgun is a multi cartridge shotgun. The shot spreads out when you fire. It's hard to miss your target. Aiming is not incredibly important. Just point and fire. No time is wasted sighting your coyote target. A range is a good bet. I was taught at the police range. It is horrible to see a critter of your's grabbed! They are so fast! And they know you are not fast enough, so they snatch and run.
Loud noise helps to spook them. Sorry for you and your chicky.
Back around 1980, a farmer was turning off a main highway, in his red 1961 Corvette, an original paint conv. that was a 283 dual quad car (with removable hardtop & wonder-bar radio).
- STJ-John will know what I'm talking about / SP will say, "but I'm to young, to understand"...:laugh:

He was a farmer in the summer & a trapper in the winter.....interesting guy.
- with a coyote he raised, in a 10 x 10 ft. iron bar cage...upstairs in the barn
- talking to the farmer, he talked about how the mother was shot & he took the baby home
- my father accidentally leaned his hand on the cage...coyote was in the corner of the enclosed pen
- farmer grabs my dads arm ASAP, and pulls it off the outside of a pen

^^ He said, "that coyote could have bit a finger off your hand, faster that you could spit, on the ground".
- aka "faster than dad could pull his hand, off the cage".

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
PT - Olie is adorable, real cutie of a petite head...& nice eyes / Mom snap that photo, or I'm getting a toy now !!
- sending Canadian xoxoxo, for your red girl

Kelly's posting tape products, was ordered online:

Nature's Farmacy
168 High Knoll RD.
Jasper, GA. 30143

a) the white base tape was a Johnson-Johnson product...breatheable kind called Zonas
b) 4 inch. wide rolls of PetFlex (a flexible cohesive bandage)...eg. stretchy Vet wrap
...awesome stuff, compresses with hand pressure / just don't over tighten

Polysporin on edges, until healed.

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,517
@Denny

"Don't know what the hell I need."

You need a bigger dog!

Our coyotes give McCoy a WIDE berthed he doesn't even bark at or chase them....

STJ!
I am not letting my next big dog out of the yard! However, the chickens and coyote are on the outside of the yard.

You see my dilema?

That's why I think I need a donkey. Donkey will be easy to fence in for coyote patrol and chicken surveillance. See? I don't need a gun. My donkey will have four lethal weapons, ready to go. Donkey's are a dime a dozen around here.

I will have to get my panels next weekend.

On the donkey's days off, he/she can have the entire property to relax on.

And, then chain reaction! My chickens will be relaxing and giving me eggs to sell, so Mama can relax.

0:)

LOL

I USED to feel sorry for Wile E. Coyote. Not anymore!

:grin2:

1501 - 1520 of 41314 Posts