Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

43121 - 43140 of 43315 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello all.

Hoss is more alert this morning.
Great to hear LadyDi! :)

Not much going on here with me - still have twinges in my chest. Last night didn't sleep the best. Thought for a couple of days that was doing well then last two days bp went back up into the 140s/mid 80s in afternoon. Mornings are in low 130s/mid 80s...pulse has picked up a bit as well from high 60's to hi 70's. Would be happier if the Cardiologist appointment was closer but was the earliest.

Will just keep relaxing and petting Mila - although she is stressful at times with typical Dober alertness....:)

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,123
That Darn Cat!

Jezebel now thinks she lives here, nesting in front of our door every evening. I haven't spotted the last raccoon on video since the night of 21 Dec when the Feral Cat & Rat mayhem was documented.
I know if I go out of town to visit family, when I return the DW will have Jezy inside the house chowing down, although I think Eva might have something to say about that! :oops:

Jezebel's Nightly Roost
That's what happens when you start feeding stray cats!

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,124 (Edited)
Well, I was in the parking lot of the tag agency at 6:15. They don't open until 9. I kept myself busy playing candy crush and angry birds. Thank God for heated seats! Probably wore my starter out.

A lady pulled in beside me at 7:15 and then another dude pulled in at 7:45. Then the cars started showing up and one lady gets out and stands by the door at 8:15. All the people that came in behind the first three of us started lining up at the door. I got out of my truck and walked up to the door and said, "Just so everyone knows I got here first." #2 and #3 were scurrying behind me and declared their place in line after I said that. Got some guff from a chick standing in line and 2 and 3 put her in her place.

The lady that got out and stood in front of the door still managed to be number 1. A lot of people got turned away to try again at a later time and or date.

Anyhow, no need to call 800-OKLA-DPS! Ran a copy of my new license over to the boss dude. Said he would turn my paperwork in to Corporate on Friday and should know something by the middle of next week.

Here we go again.

Have heard nothing from the Acura boss.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,568 Posts
We have a 3 strand barbed wire cross fence dividing the two halves of the property. She evidently pushed the top strand down in several places (we found and fixed those last night), then because it was still too high for her to step over (waist-high on me), she JUMPED.
I always thought cows couldn't jump and then I saw this:

It is the first documented case, well before the internet, of a man filming his wife/GF/SO wearing skimpy clothes while operating farm machinery, power tools, shooting guns, sitting on bikes, hillbilly handfishin', etc.
All this exploitation for sake of attention, views and "likes".... (The beginning of the end of our society) :confused:

BTW- Anyone have more nifty "historical" clips? :p
No, but I have this to say: Computer games--how come men get this kind of outfit?

while women have to content themselves with this:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,568 Posts
Hello all.

Great to hear LadyDi! :)

Not much going on here with me - still have twinges in my chest. Last night didn't sleep the best. Thought for a couple of days that was doing well then last two days bp went back up into the 140s/mid 80s in afternoon. Mornings are in low 130s/mid 80s...pulse has picked up a bit as well from high 60's to hi 70's. Would be happier if the Cardiologist appointment was closer but was the earliest.

Will just keep relaxing and petting Mila - although she is stressful at times with typical Dober alertness....:)
Ugh...so how long do you have left to wait? That's the pits. Still, those low numbers you give aren't that far away from mine. The doc wants me below 130 and 80 or so. I never got really high, but it seems like they don't like consistently low-grade elevations either. Never any twinges for me, at least.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Have you seen the damage from the winds in Montana ? Poor Lannie - that is some dangerous stuff .

Yeah Ma, I have been watching the WX out your way How do you keep missing them ? LOL

Portland ( the left one ) wow - they are getting plenty of rain

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
Have you seen the damage from the winds in Montana ? Poor Lannie - that is some dangerous stuff .

Yeah Ma, I have been watching the WX out your way How do you keep missing them ? LOL

Portland ( the left one ) wow - they are getting plenty of rain
It was 40 degrees and beautiful in SE Pennsylvania today - finally ran my husbands company car through the car wash today.... has not been washed since we drove out west in October - haha. I got the dust from all those western states we visited washed off.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Mel - Oh yeah cows can jump ! Many years ago , our neighbor and a world record jumper - I never seen one jump like her - She started out over a mile away - when she got to our place , Dad and I helped our neighbor - we were going to put her in one of our pens and then truck her back home - that was a good idea on paper - LOL

Now we had very good fences and when she came up to one , she would just jump right on over it , what I thought would take a hour or more to do , just took a few minutes as she was long gone , LOL

·
Registered
753 Posts
Lannie - Thats just a nice breeze here on the Prairie's of East Central Indiana - LOL
Hmmm, well, can you keep your "nice breezes" over there, then? ;) This wind is AWFUL. Everything is shaking and rattling, and god knows how many trees and limbs are down out there. I guess we'll find out when it gets light out. The scary part is the wind is suppose to continue to increase until just after noon today, then gradually decline again, but the High Wind Warning is still in effect until tomorrow afternoon.

Oh, can cows jump? I wouldn't have thought so, either, but my first girl, Bandit, cleared a 4-foot woven wire fence with ease the first time I separated her from her calf. The calf was in the cow pen, and Bandit was outside, and when I turned around, she was back INSIDE again. And she was a BIG cow, not one of those little Herefords. Helen is even bigger than Bandit was, and it would have seemed impossible to me to think she could jump over anything, much less a fence. I'm still gobsmacked.

Helen is so polite and sweet, though, in spite of her size. Last night, she went right back into her old stall (after having been gone for two years) and waited for her hay. When I brought it, I said, "Move over, sweetie," and she stepped politely to the side so I could put her hay up in the corner by her head, then she waited for me to leave the stall before she started eating. Morgaine, on the other hand, still has a bit of bratty teenager in her and always shakes her head at me when I'm bringing her hay, like she's telling me to hurry it up! Most times, she only succeeds in knocking it out of my hands and it ends up scattered all over the floor. I'm actually really enjoying having Helen back over in the cow barn. Maybe I'll kick that bratty Morgaine over to the other side of the fence for a while. See how she likes living on the "other side of the tracks."

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,781 Posts
Good morning everyone. I'm off today so a walk in the park is in store for me. And, shockingly, we have sunshine :) . Then, when we get back, I'm going to make BBQ ribs in the slow cooker...never tried that before but it's a tad too chilly to wheel the smoker out of the garage and, I'm feeling lazy to boot LOL. I didn't wake up till 6:30 this morning and would have slept longer but Mocha decided enough is enough and put her paws on the bed and stuck her cold, wet nose in my face. Yep, that'll wake you up pronto!

Yesterday, Mrs. TN saw a hawk for the very first time at the park, up close too, with a rodent in its talons and she got a few shots with her cellphone.

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,140
Good Morning Folks!

So glad to hear Hossy is recovering well, it sounds like. I would think if he is wanting you to stop assisting him so much he's off to a good start. "They" have people up and walking the day after knee and hip surgery. After I had my appendix removed at 16 I was a wimp. My Dad kept telling me if kept walking all hunched over I will never be able to stand up straight again. He finally had enough and stuck his knee in my back and grabbed my shoulders and made me stand up straight. Ouch! But it didn't kill me!

Stryker could jump. He hated enclosed spaces. Stalls. Couldn't shut him in a stall. He would clear the stall door. His boarder called an animal psychic for her horse and the psychic got her grey horse mixed up with my grey horse. Supposedly Stryker had a bad experience as a foal in an enclosed space. And, he didn't like his name. Boarder started calling Stryker, Shallah.

WTF?

:oops:

43121 - 43140 of 43315 Posts