Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

43101 - 43120 of 43315 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,106 Posts
... Now switching to Microsoft, he won't have that excuse anymore 😁

The new old computer has Windows 10, I think, with all the updates...

Yep, pretty soon you'll be able to run your own website, like Grampa Simpson! ;)
(looks like Grampa was a good prognosticator)

JACKPOT!!!! I have a copy of Windows 10 for Dummies--send me your mailing address ([email protected]) and I'll ship it off to you.

I didn't know there was a Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies--I'm sure that's what I really needed but when I got a new/old computer that had Windows 10 the original book was just out.

I wanted that book too, but couldn't figure out how to download it? :rolleyes:😁

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
SOoooo—
I'm in the process of switching over to an old computer of my daughters (which is still newer than the one I've been using.) It is microsoft and mine is a mac :eek: And that's just the start of it.

But I want to use hers for my ordinary stuff (browsing the web and document processing) and this one basically as a backup type thingy.

All this to say…..If I suddenly disappear for a few minutes or an hour or a day or for weeks…now you know where I am.

She has been told she is on call 24 hrs/day for an indefinite length of time.
I think this is a BS reply right here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that Ma is starting to go back the dark side and sleeping in ! And she was doing so good with my on line class to ! Where did I fail at ? Well , anyway . Good night

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
JACKPOT!!!! I have a copy of Windows 10 for Dummies--send me your mailing address ([email protected]) and I'll ship it off to you.

I didn't know there was a Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies--I'm sure that's what I really needed but when I got a new/old computer that had Windows 10 the original book was just out.

A few times I actually did find out from the book how to do or fix something. Few and far between results though--I try to stick with putting up puppy ears and answering questions but I had a failure even in that this week--made me feel like a total failure.

Oh, wait--you can send me your mailing address on what used to be a private message and is now um, a conversation.

Do you want to discuss deep holes in basic understanding? Bet I can beat you.

ABTLH/AKA dobebug
It seems to me a conversation would require talking.
Am i right intellectuals?
What did I win?

·
Premium Member
7,493 Posts
I think this is a BS reply right here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that Ma is starting to go back the dark side and sleeping in ! And she was doing so good with my on line class to ! Where did I fail at ? Well , anyway . Good night
She is setting up a visit with the computer man again.
Just my opinion.....
Hey want a to talk about Meadowcat she is busy sewing......

·
Premium Member
8,498 Posts
OK, the nails. I have long(ish) nails. I have since I was 16. They just grow, and they're naturally hard, or they used to be until I hit menopause. There was a time I could open a box at work by lining up my nails and slicing through the box tape on the top. Scared the liver out of some of my coworkers, but hey, if you don't have a knife handy...

Doing what I do now (with the farm), I break them A LOT. Which is why I have superglue in the house. If they're broken up past the quick, I trim them down close and glue the crack, then wait for it to grow out enough to cut it off at the break. Recently, I got some of that acrylic nail stuff (fabulous invention!), so when one is cracked or broken, I can glue it first, then put on a layer of the acrylic stuff to strengthen it, then I don't have to worry about it until it's grown out and I can trim it off. I actually can't function without my nails. I've had them for too long.

The past couple of years, however, they were getting pretty flimsy. They'd bend over rather than break, or they'd split lengthwise, or just shatter off in a jagged mess. So I started taking a biotin supplement and now they're just as hard as they were when I was 20. Yeah, I'm probably too old for it, but I love fancy nail polish and decorations. It's kind of like a hobby to me. I have more bottles of nail polish than any ten normal people combined. And I just got a bunch of new stuff that I absolutely love, it's Koki brand. Great polish, doesn't chip or wear like the average Maybelline or Revlon stuff, and it dries in a flash, which is a big plus for me. I can't sit around all day waving my fingers in the air waiting for polish to dry.

So that's the story on my nails. :)
Lannie, those nails of yours sound like the ones my roommate in college had! I used to have to tell her to cut them when they got too long... and she had to use toenail clippers to cut them. I was so jealous of her nails! Mine have always been pretty weak and they peel and break all the time. I have noticed that they are a bit better since I've started taking Vitamin D3 everyday - so is my hair!

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,108
Okay, so I've got my thermals packed, my ear muffs, gloves, porta potti, chair and sleeping bag. Instructed Mister to wake me up at 5 when he gets up. He is laughing at me.

Whatever! Early bird catches the worm!

My brother even told me I was going overboard,

I will not be ignored! I will get my license renewed! Damn it!

That's the kind of ******* I am!

Should bring the horse trailer with me so I have some privacy but I don't want someone sneaking into place before me.

😁

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,106 Posts
Oh,SP!
Scott said do not forget to wear pants🐔
...and don't forget to take your curlers out from previous evening, when you ran the tiller. (now that's *******!) 😄

Actually, this is a clip from TX Archive of Moving Images.
It is the first documented case, well before the internet, of a man filming his wife/GF/SO wearing skimpy clothes while operating farm machinery, power tools, shooting guns, sitting on bikes, hillbilly handfishin', etc.
All this exploitation for sake of attention, views and "likes".... (The beginning of the end of our society) :confused:

BTW- Anyone have more nifty "historical" clips? :p

·
Dobes Dobles +1
4,106 Posts
That Darn Cat!

Jezebel now thinks she lives here, nesting in front of our door every evening. I haven't spotted the last raccoon on video since the night of 21 Dec when the Feral Cat & Rat mayhem was documented.
I know if I go out of town to visit family, when I return the DW will have Jezy inside the house chowing down, although I think Eva might have something to say about that! :oops:

Jezebel's Nightly Roost

·
Registered
753 Posts
So happy to hear Hoss is home! How's he doing today? (I haven't read the other thread yet, but I'll try to find time to do that....)

WOW ! I can see it now ! The true House Wife's of Faith South Dakota ! Coming this fall on Bravo - 129 on Dish Net. , LOL
OK, I feel like I'm missing some joke here, but I don't get it.

Lannie, those nails of yours sound like the ones my roommate in college had! I used to have to tell her to cut them when they got too long... and she had to use toenail clippers to cut them. I was so jealous of her nails! Mine have always been pretty weak and they peel and break all the time. I have noticed that they are a bit better since I've started taking Vitamin D3 everyday - so is my hair!
Oh, yeah, toenail clippers for the win! Regular nail clippers wouldn't go through my nails. I use regular nail clippers to clip the cats' claws, but they don't stand a chance against my fingernails.

And speaking of mayhem, I have an interesting farm report today. :) Last night, I got out to the cow barn to feed my girls, Cricket and Morgaine, and only Cricket was in the barn waiting for me. I looked outside and no Morgaine. She's NEVER late for dinner. I called her once, which is all I ever have to do, and got no response. I kept hollering for her while I was setting hay out, filling the water trough, and cleaning up plops, then decided maybe I should be worried that some calamity had happened. Cricket wasn't talking.

So I told Rich I was hoofing it out to the puckerbrush to look for Morgaine, at which point HE became concerned, and came over to the cow barn. I found her pretty quick - she was down on the other side of the tree rows, by the north fence line, but she wasn't alone. Helen was with her. Helen is Cricket's sister, she hasn't had a calf in three years, and for the past two years has been living over on the "horse side" with Horus and Little John the steer. When I yelled back at Rich that Morgaine was down at the fence with Helen, he was like WTH? I asked him if he had not noticed there was a 2,000 pound cow missing from "his" herd over on the other side and he said no. Really? NO? OMG.

I went ahead and walked partway to the fence, until I got their attention (Morgaine was jumping all over Helen's backside, obviously Helen was in heat), then started back to the barn, and they followed. Helen was not JUST in heat, Helen was in a RAGING heat. There was a strand of goo hanging off her backside that was as thick as my thumb, and went all the way down to the end of her tail!

Helen is not a svelte girl, and the fatter the cow, the less likely they are to come into heat and be able to get pregnant. Well, last summer's pasture was basically non-existent, and they've all been on less than premium hay for the past (almost) year, so maybe she lost enough weight to start functioning again, I dunno. The AMAZING part was how she got in with Cricket and Morgaine. We have a 3 strand barbed wire cross fence dividing the two halves of the property. She evidently pushed the top strand down in several places (we found and fixed those last night), then because it was still too high for her to step over (waist-high on me), she JUMPED. I know she jumped because I found where she landed, OMG! Hoof prints 4 inches deep. And no hairs at all caught on the barbs, so she jumped it clean. I would have paid money to see that huge lumbering cow make that jump! When it comes to cows, where there's a will, there's a way.

I decided it would be much safer to just leave Helen with the other girls for the night and worry about moving her back today sometime. Or maybe I'll just leave her there for a while. If she's having natural heats that strong, maybe I can take her over to visit a bull also. My original plan was to have three cows calving each year, because three calves will pay for our entire year's worth of hay. It only worked out that way one year, and then something always happened. Usually I'd have two calves, but then like last year, I had NO calves. I'm thinking it would be nice if my girls made it up to me this year by ALL getting pregnant and having little calfies next fall. What a financial boon THAT would be, and we could use one.

Anyway, it was an exciting day at Love Acres yesterday! :)

And now for the weather report! They've increased the intensity and duration of our wind event, and all I can say is, once again, thank GOD there won't be snow with it. Starting around 7:00pm tonight and going through about 7:00pm Friday the winds are supposed to be blowing at 40mph with gusts to 60, but peaking Thursday afternoon with sustained winds of 50mph and gusts to 70. If there was snow with this, and cold, it would be one of our famous two-day blizzards. The roads would be closed for days and the power out for days longer. We're still in danger of losing trees or pieces of buildings in a 70mph wind, and maybe power lines, but since there isn't any precipitation in the forecast, maybe the power will be OK. I hope so. Anyway, if I disappear, that will be why.

I wish it could be Saturday already and it was over. I hate wind. I hate wind and snow worse, but wind by itself is bad enough.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Here you go Lannie ! Maybe this will help : )))

43101 - 43120 of 43315 Posts