Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

43081 - 43100 of 43315 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,106 Posts
WOW ! I can see it now ! The true House Wife's of Faith South Dakota ! Coming this fall on Bravo - 129 on Dish Net. , LOL
Doc, I think Lannie's new show might be more suited for The Weather Channel, maybe as...

"Wind, Ice, Manure & Cats- Farm Life on the Dakota Plains"

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,084
Hoss is home!
I do not think he has peed since I dropped him off!
He looks like chit and smells like it to but so glad to have Hoss home with me!
Hoss is drugged and sleeping peacefully.
Welcome Home Hossy!

Do they have his leg wrapped up or stabilized? I have never had to go through anything like this so I don't know.

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,086
Crap!

Now I want the Guthrie job!

I have to get up in the wee hours of the morning to be the first in line at the tag agency tomorrow to get my license renewed. They only take the first 6 walk-ins each morning. Other than that it would be February before I can get an appointment. Guess I could put thermals on and take a chair and a sleeping bag and spend the night there.

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,088
Crap!

I have to get up in the wee hours of the morning to be the first in line at the tag agency tomorrow to get my license renewed. They only take the first 6 walk-ins each morning. Other than that it would be February before I can get an appointment. Guess I could put thermals on and take a chair and a sleeping bag and spend the night there.
If I spent the night I would need to borrow Scotty's potty thingy.

·
Premium Member
9,544 Posts
Glad he's home !
Crap!

I don't know what the laws are in OK , But if you let your license expire in IN , you have to take the test again ! AND -- for once- I'm not teasing either .

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,090
Glad he's home !

I don't know what the laws are in OK , But if you let your license expire in IN , you have to take the test again ! AND -- for once- I'm not teasing either .
Nope! Has to be over 6 months in Good Ol' OK!

I did let my license expire over that once. I asked the DL dude as he was preceding with my renewal and asked, "Don't I have to take the test again?" He looked me in the eye and asked if I wanted to. Told him no and walked out the door with my renewed license. Kansas gives a 6 year license. Oklahoma only 4. Guess I prefer the 4 year picture better. Keeps me younger looking as times goes on. Not such a shock to the ego.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,568 Posts
SOoooo—
I'm in the process of switching over to an old computer of my daughters (which is still newer than the one I've been using.) It is microsoft and mine is a mac :eek: And that's just the start of it.

But I want to use hers for my ordinary stuff (browsing the web and document processing) and this one basically as a backup type thingy.

All this to say…..If I suddenly disappear for a few minutes or an hour or a day or for weeks…now you know where I am.

She has been told she is on call 24 hrs/day for an indefinite length of time.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
My dobes have all howled at the vet. I used to get desperate calls after surgeries, a bit earlier than I expected, saying "Your dog is ready to go home now!" and I could hear a ruckus in the background.
My adult dogs spend enough time at shows and trials that they don't carry on when left in a kennel or crate and I'm not around--basically they know I'll be back.

But one of the puppies who was raised in the vet clinic (actually they've all be raised in the vet clinic but I had one in particular that had big complaints about not getting enough attention in a run if he was there alone. He made enough noise about it that I started bringing a bark collar (which I use at home to teach dogs not to bark aimlessly in the back yard. ) to put on him--he barked though and it upset the surgery patients--bark collars don't work for howling or whining. But it never failed to cause the surgery staff when we had a barking dog having a fit either before or after surgery to track me down and ask if they could borrow Rumor's bark collar.

With howlers we called their parents and told them their dog was read to go home.

I always though it was kind of funny...

dobebug
I have had enough Winter ! I'm thinking some summer stuff here ! I love to listen to these guys , Well one of them , call the race , besides , Seafair is where Aunt Bug pushed me off the deck many years ago !

Oh man, brings back memories of Seattle summers. I got in on Unlimited Hydro Racing early--the first races in Lake Washington still had some of the oldest of the Unlimited racing. They were single step and displaced so much they wallowed until they got some speed up enough to get up on the step. I think Miss Detroit was the
only one left who was at all competative by then and the day of the three point boats were what ran and won. No lanes back then and there were some terrible accidents--I don't think Ken got to see any of those the year I pushed him off the dock. I wouldn't have let him miss one of the big icky accidents.

There is a lot that I don't miss about Seattle but the Unlimited Hydroplane races I do miss.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Ya outta get that book “Microsoft for Dummies” ....good to have laying around for quick reference.
Mel, What version of Microsoft is on that computer--I might have a Microsoft for Dummies but I think all of mine are be the browser for Dummies. Let me know though--if I have a copy for whatever you have I'll send it to you.

dobebug

·
Premium Member
13,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #43,098
SOoooo—
I'm in the process of switching over to an old computer of my daughters (which is still newer than the one I've been using.) It is microsoft and mine is a mac :eek: And that's just the start of it.

But I want to use hers for my ordinary stuff (browsing the web and document processing) and this one basically as a backup type thingy.

All this to say…..If I suddenly disappear for a few minutes or an hour or a day or for weeks…now you know where I am.

She has been told she is on call 24 hrs/day for an indefinite length of time.
Have fun with the switch, Ma!

I can't make changes like that. It would drive me over the edge. Hell! Microsoft Edge drove me nuts. Took me too long to figure out how to get rid of it. "Grew" up with Microsoft and don't know a darn thing about Mac.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,568 Posts
Between the two kids (and they both live here, so I can reach them anytime) I can pretty much get any problem solved. Though my son hates macs—he tries to claim he doesn't know anything about them and gets a bit surly when I ask him to fix a problem. Now switching to Microsoft, he won't have that excuse anymore 😁

The new old computer has Windows 10, I think, with all the updates.

I usually search the web to deal with problems. I figure if the fix-its I find are above my head, it's time to bring a kid in. But I just glanced through the dummies books—did you know they have a Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies ?!?!
That looks mighty tempting. I know I have some basic holes deep in my understanding of computers and how they work that could use some explaining.

I tend to find one way to solve a problem by clicking on rather random stuff until something works, and then I fix it the same way every time (if I can remember what I had done.). If I bring a mother's little helper child into the picture they say, "Why are you doing it THAT way?" and show me how I can leave off half of the things I had been doing and get the same result.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Between the two kids (and they both live here, so I can reach them anytime) I can pretty much get any problem solved. Though my son hates macs—he tries to claim he doesn't know anything about them and gets a bit surly when I ask him to fix a problem. Now switching to Microsoft, he won't have that excuse anymore 😁

The new old computer has Windows 10, I think, with all the updates.

I usually search the web to deal with problems. I figure if the fix-its I find are above my head, it's time to bring a kid in. But I just glanced through the dummies books—did you know they have a Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies ?!?!
That looks mighty tempting. I know I have some basic holes deep in my understanding of computers and how they work that could use some explaining.

I tend to find one way to solve a problem by clicking on rather random stuff until something works, and then I fix it the same way every time (if I can remember what I had done.). If I bring a mother's little helper child into the picture they say, "Why are you doing it THAT way?" and show me how I can leave off half of the things I had been doing and get the same result.
JACKPOT!!!! I have a copy of Windows 10 for Dummies--send me your mailing address ([email protected]) and I'll ship it off to you.

I didn't know there was a Windows 10 for Seniors for Dummies--I'm sure that's what I really needed but when I got a new/old computer that had Windows 10 the original book was just out.

A few times I actually did find out from the book how to do or fix something. Few and far between results though--I try to stick with putting up puppy ears and answering questions but I had a failure even in that this week--made me feel like a total failure.

Oh, wait--you can send me your mailing address on what used to be a private message and is now um, a conversation.

Do you want to discuss deep holes in basic understanding? Bet I can beat you.

ABTLH/AKA dobebug

43081 - 43100 of 43315 Posts