Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

401 - 420 of 39951 Posts

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts
I want to change the name of this thread to "The Denny, Larry, Melissa and John thread....No others need to comment" (All trespassers will be violated)

Just a thought on a cloudy day.

John
I propose an alternative DT Thread Title:

"Neurosciences/ Cyber Breakthrough- Thoughts Posted Directly From Brain to Internet"

"Dateline: Guthrie, OK, April 26 2017

In an unlikely location, from a chicken coop on the farm of one Stryker P., scientists today were able to successfully prove direct thought transmission from a human mind to an internet forum, Doberman Talk. This revolutionary method promises to shift the paradigm of communications and business by effectively eliminating computer workstations, tablets and even smartphones!

The only drawback, so far, appears to be that random and unrelated thoughts are also posted directly to Internet. This results in bogging down of even today's super fast Internet bandwidths and filling of server farms to capacity. Several other members of the DT forum are also participating in this cutting edge technological testing." :wink2:

·
Premium Member
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Spock! So glad you chimed in! I was just trying to hunt you down and send you a PM. I need a Diablo! What model was it again?

It's getting crazy here!

Then I am going to need a Tazer for the DDN's.

·
Premium Member
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
I notice you didn’t say your truck is prettier than the one I posted. :)
Right now, my truck isn't prettier than the one you posted.

However, I actually like the truck you posted.

I like demolition derbys, but cringe at the same time. Some of those cars and trucks look like they should be restored instead of destroyed.

·
Premium Member
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
It's not your birthday, Spock! I am ready to order the Diablo! I am right here with nothing to mow. Broke mower equals pestering you all.

And my oven broke!

What the hell?

Not going to mention anything about the girls. If I do, they will break, too! Crap! I just mentioned them...

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,819 Posts
I propose an alternative DT Thread Title:

"Neurosciences/ Cyber Breakthrough- Thoughts Posted Directly From Brain to Internet"

"Dateline: Guthrie, OK, April 26 2017

In an unlikely location, from a chicken coop on the farm of one Stryker P., scientists today were able to successfully prove direct thought transmission from a human mind to an internet forum, Doberman Talk. This revolutionary method promises to shift the paradigm of communications and business by effectively eliminating computer workstations, tablets and even smartphones!

The only drawback, so far, appears to be that random and unrelated thoughts are also posted directly to Internet. This results in bogging down of even today's super fast Internet bandwidths and filling of server farms to capacity. Several other members of the DT forum are also participating in this cutting edge technological testing." :wink2:
Stream of Consciousness. Knight’s Move Thinking :D

You can go right down the list:

Distractible speech – During mid speech, the subject is changed in response to an external stimulus.

Pressure of speech – Unrelenting, rapid speech without pauses. It may be difficult to interrupt the speaker, and the speaker may continue speaking even when a direct question is asked.

Illogicality – Conclusions are reached that do not follow logically (non-sequiturs or faulty inferences).

Incoherence (word salad) – Speech that is unintelligible because, though the individual words are real words, the manner in which they are strung together results in incoherent gibberish.

Loss of goal – Failure to follow a train of thought to a natural conclusion.

Pressure of speech – Unrelenting, rapid speech without pauses. It may be difficult to interrupt the speaker, and the speaker may continue speaking even when a direct question is asked.

Flight of ideas – a form of formal thought disorder marked by abrupt leaps from one topic to another, albeit with discernable links between successive ideas, perhaps governed by similarities between subjects.

Derailment – Thought and/or speech move, either spontaneously or in response to an internal stimulus from the topic's track onto another which is obliquely related or unrelated.

Add my favorite:
Circumstantiality An inability to answer a question without giving excessive, unnecessary detail. This differs from tangential thinking, in that the person does eventually return to the original point.

These are all signs of thought disorders such as bipolar mania or schizophrenia. I would like to propose that when we act together (or perhaps the term should be separately and simultaneously ), we are collectively a mentally disturbed group.

·
Premium Member
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
So, what are you REALLY saying, Melbrod?

All I wanted to do, was mow.

Layman's terms, please.

I am not a brain surgeon. I sell cars and spend my time babysitting chickens on my days off.

You are antagonizing me, donkey lady!

Teasing. Had to be a brat!

·
Premium Member
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Denny.... Many folks have an evil doppelgänger. I am happy to fit the bill.

Love,

STJ!
So, you are happy to fit the Bad John bill? Come to work with me. I will show you the bad johns. I am trying to figure out how to gain access to the men's restroom... at work. It just has to be tidier than the women's!

I work with inconsiderate women. And, they wonder why I don't do food days...

STJ! You are BJ from here on out. The other John? He's GJ.

:laugh:

·
Big Lil pup
6,119 Posts
Denny...

"I am trying to figure out how to gain access to the men's restroom... at work. It just has to be tidier than the women's!"

Piece of cake. You notify you superiors that you are transgender and that you now identify as a male. If they still refuse to allow you to use the men's room, you sue them for a few hundred thousand dollars and build your own private restroom. Done deal! This should also get you into the men's locker room/shower at any gym! Man I LOVE our times....

As far a "BJ" is concerned: I have no problem with BJ. In fact I love BJ's. I am just not so sure about using it as a moniker, however. Kind of like how you feel about being called "STD"

STJ!

401 - 420 of 39951 Posts