Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

41001 - 41020 of 41061 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,001
I'm here Denny--sometimes I just read in the early morning but I have no choice except to be up at 6:00am--the cats who don't "get" the changes from DST and regular standard time make sure of that and in turn they make sure Joey is awake and wanting his breakfast too.

I think the 6:00am Pacific Coast time (regular) is three hours off of Oklahoma time (I know it is for Indiana--Ken told me) so that would be 9:00am Oklahoma time.

Yeah, I'm definitely up and about--I've even cleaned the litter box--made my bed before Leon could rush in and occupy it after his breakfast, swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed the hall. Can't do anything outside yet--still too dark, dense fog and too wet.

Forecast for around Portland (the left hand one) is fog burning off around noon (yesterday actually was quite nice--fog in my neighborhood evaporated at about 10:00am--and the wind dropped so the afternoon was quite nice.) sunny in the afternoon and somewhat warmer with light rain late in the day--Sunday--rain! Ah well, it's late fall in Oregon--I wouldn't expect much else. At least the rain is starting to eradicate the drought conditions which have been in effect for about the last three years.

So, now that I've checked in I think I'll go take a nap--maybe it'll be less dreary and cold in another hour or so. G'morning to ya'll.

ABTLH/dobebug
So, if you go take a nap who is next to club me?

🥰

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,006
A new segment for TGOS Yes friends -- cooking with Uncle Cuisse !

View attachment 135937
I like chili cheese dogs, but not like that!

I can handle a baby chili cheese dog at Sonic even though I don't trust their hygiene!

Now I am hungry for a bratwurst and Mister doesn't like them either.

Crap! I've got to finish washing the interior of the kitchen fridge.

Almost there!

Was hoping Mister would come in and help a little bit.

He's nowhere to be found!

He's sneaky that way!

But, if I really wanted to find him, I could!

:cool:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,858 Posts
ECIN said:

3. 1 is a English major ( spellin ) LOL

With a minor in cat herding.
Oh, so we have (2) spellin' experts on the CT! 😁
(I first thought it was Doc when I read that list....)

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,009
LOL!

I've got your back Daddio!

By the way, Mister is in trouble again.

I know you boys will blow it off but, the girls are going to go to town on this. Right girls? I take that back because I don't know you all that well.

Busted Mister with his paw inside the box of my Corn Pops cereal. So busted! He knows how much I hate that!

I see furniture moving in the near future.

😇

See? I am management material!

LMAO

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
So, if you go take a nap who is next to club me?

🥰
Well, I never did get that nap--went to three stores and forgot to get gas for the truck which was one of the main reasons for going around to all the stores (one of them was Costco) but by the time I got through the check out line there I had forgotten about the gas. I do that on my way home from the clinic tomorrow.

So now I'm going to go out and rake up enough leaves to fill the yard and lawn container because they say rain Sunday afternoon, and on Monday and maybe Tuesday and garbage truck hits my street at about 6:00am on Wednesday. So I intent to fill that stupid green can up and then take the long delayed nap.

PS Denny--what you know about something that's lower than a snake in a wheel rut--youv'e made it amply clear many times just exactly how you feel about snakes (in or not in wagon wheel ruts.

By ya'll...

dobebug/ABTLH

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,011
Well, I never did get that nap--went to three stores and forgot to get gas for the truck which was one of the main reasons for going around to all the stores (one of them was Costco) but by the time I got through the check out line there I had forgotten about the gas. I do that on my way home from the clinic tomorrow.

So now I'm going to go out and rake up enough leaves to fill the yard and lawn container because they say rain Sunday afternoon, and on Monday and maybe Tuesday and garbage truck hits my street at about 6:00am on Wednesday. So I intent to fill that stupid green can up and then take the long delayed nap.

PS Denny--what you know about something that's lower than a snake in a wheel rut--youv'e made it amply clear many times just exactly how you feel about snakes (in or not in wagon wheel ruts.

By ya'll...

dobebug/ABTLH
I could be lower than a sow's belly in springtime?

I get at least a B+ for trying!

😇

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,014
I forgot to tell you all something.

Mister came home from his "trip" to town yesterday and said "they" are opening up a CarMax dealership. Of course I was skeptical. Told him they are not.

I guess he somehow ran into a real estate agent that told him the reason they were tearing certain buildings down was because CarMax is coming.

Huh.

I ignored a bunch of CarMax job alerts because I thought it was spam. I thought there is no way they are going to fit a CarMax dealership in Guthrie!

So, after he told me that I went hunting on the Corporate site and nothing is listed, yet.

Then I turned around in my computer chair and lost two games of Farkle to him.

Guess I shouldn't waste my time and money buying a lotto ticket.

Cuz Di was supposed to win the lotto a few years ago.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,858 Posts
I forgot to tell you all something.

Mister came home from his "trip" to town yesterday and said "they" are opening up a CarMax dealership. Of course I was skeptical. Told him they are not.

I guess he somehow ran into a real estate agent that told him the reason they were tearing certain buildings down was because CarMax is coming.

Huh.

I ignored a bunch of CarMax job alerts because I thought it was spam. I thought there is no way they are going to fit a CarMax dealership in Guthrie!

So, after he told me that I went hunting on the Corporate site and nothing is listed, yet.

Then I turned around in my computer chair and lost two games of Farkle to him.

Guess I shouldn't waste my time and money buying a lotto ticket.

Cuz Di was supposed to win the lotto a few years ago.

The Mister might be right, this time.
I also heard same on Saturday car buying show I listen too.

Send in your application!

Reason for a Guthrie Carmax location?
Maybe CarMax wants to get their foot in the door before the firewood powered pickups become all the rage! 😄

Seriously, there's a Carmax on Hwy 77, just south of Edmond so building another on IH35 in Guthrie seems redundant.
Is there a population boom in the Guthrie area, beside goats?

(Hey SP, I thought Alan was referred to as "The Mister", not "Mister"? It like when you say "The Man", not "Man".)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,858 Posts
Funny story from yesterday. I was driving to grocery store to pickup a few items. On a boulevard I had turned onto from our street there are normally lots of joggers and dog walkers along both sidewalks. I don't take Eva on this busy street for walks, cause she doesn't like traffic and prefers her own route around block, a particular direction and even side of street (remember, The Princess and Her Pee)!

Anyhow, halfway down this street, I was surprised by a full grown, beautiful male Doberman, running alongside a fit looking young woman wearing very short pink shorts! (Nothing like calling attention to yourself) There are very few Dobes I have seen in our area, so this surprised me.

As I was telling my DW this story, her antennas went up as soon as I described the handler... I said I almost turned car around to catch up with lady, to advise her not to run with her Dobe if he was less than a year old, until his growth plates closed. DW responded "Yeah, right....only thing you wanted, was a closer look at the pink shorts" :p

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,017
The Mister might be right, this time.
I also heard same on Saturday car buying show I listen too.

Send in your application!

Reason for a Guthrie Carmax location?
Maybe CarMax wants to get their foot in the door before the firewood powered pickups become all the rage! 😄

Seriously, there's a Carmax on Hwy 77, just south of Edmund so building another on IH35 in Guthrie seems redundant.
Is there a population boom in the Guthrie area, beside goats?

(Hey SP, I thought Alan was referred to as "The Mister", not "Mister"? It like when you say "The Man", not "Man".)
No there is not a CarMax on Hwy 77 just south of Edmund. There is no Edmund around here. I think you are mistaken.

And, depends upon my mood if Mister is Mister or The Mister.

Are you playing stupid with me?

·
Premium Member
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #41,018
Funny story from yesterday. I was driving to grocery store to pickup a few items. On a boulevard I had turned onto from our street there are normally lots of joggers and dog walkers along both sidewalks. I don't take Eva on this busy street for walks, cause she doesn't like traffic and prefers her own route around block, a particular direction and even side of street (remember, The Princess and Her Pee)!

Anyhow, halfway down this street, I was surprised by a full grown, beautiful male Doberman, running alongside a fit looking young woman wearing very short pink shorts! (Nothing like calling attention to yourself) There are very few Dobes I have seen in our area, so this surprised me.

As I was telling my DW this story, her antennas went up as soon as I described the handler... I said I almost turned car around to catch up with lady, to advise her not to run with her Dobe if he was less than a year old, until his growth plates closed. DW responded "Yeah, right....only thing you wanted, was a closer look at the pink shorts" :p
I am going to have to be on your wife's side on this one.

It's okay if the girls do that but not if you boys do that.

I am going to get your lovely wife a new set of antennas for Christmas. Her antennas should be running 24/7.

Yeah I said it!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,858 Posts
Good Morning Peeps!

I win!

I greeted everyone first!

😇
SP, what rousted you up early this morning, did some goats come a knockin'? ;)

Chicken story for CT- Currently on NextDoor in this area is running controversy about residents having roosters that crow all hours of day/ night, disturbing nearby homeowners. City of San Antonio does permit up to (8) domestic fowl, including (1) rooster, in each home. Ordnance states size of coop for each bird required AND they can't be a nuisance to surrounding neighbors. The nuisance part is the controversy. Many respondents have said that if chickens are cooped at night, the rooster won't be crowing? You've seen how close our houses are, I was surprised the city even permitted up to (8) chickens at all! Any input on this, Denny? Note, also there a lot of coyotes in this area in adjacent parks and wildlife zones, along with foxes and raccoons.

Excerpt for SA Municipal Code:

"A maximum number of eight (8) domestic fowl is allowed at a residence of which only one (1) may be a rooster.

An owner must comply with the following with regard to domestic fowl:

The owner must have adequate facilities to house the domestic fowl and ensure adequate sanitation.

All domestic fowl must be kept in a coop and run that is at least twenty-four (24) square feet in size, or has at least six (6) square feet of space per fowl, whichever is larger.

The domestic fowl must be kept housed or confined in a manner that does not allow them to create a nuisance.

Sanitation must be addressed in a manner that prevents the attraction of pests."

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,858 Posts
No there is not a CarMax on Hwy 77 just south of Edmund. There is no Edmund around here. I think you are mistaken.

And, depends upon my mood if Mister is Mister or The Mister.

Are you playing stupid with me?

41001 - 41020 of 41061 Posts