Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

40981 - 41000 of 41057 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,982
Here comes ABTLH to ask more questions...so a recruiter called you? Out of the blue or did you sign up with the recruiter's company to have them inspect you for possible jobs? Did the recruiter describe what the job entailed? Or was it posted someplace. Does the job have a future--where you can rise in all your glory to bigger and better things? What have you done in the past that might equip you to be successful at this job? What are your goals? Is the job within your required parameter like distance from your home. Are the salary ranges within your acceptable values? Do the have an acceptable break room that meets your needs?

I'll have more questions as soon as I see your answers to the questions I have posed here.

By the way, Denny, one of my long term jobs when I was going to college was with an employment agency. Applicants had to get past me before they got to go interview with a company who might hire them.

Good luck...or is this one a guaranteed failure because it's not what you want to do, doesn't pay well enough, is too far to drive daily or has no break room! Inquiring minds want to know.

By the way--about jobs finding you--I worked at a variety of jobs in the field of retail marine hardware. By the time I'd been with the first company for three years I was a known quantity (and quality) and at least four or five times a year some other marine hardware company would call and ask if I'd ever consider changing jobs. Basically that's how you get jobs to find you.

dobebug/ABTLH
You really are mean! Beating a girl down when she's already been lower than a snake in a wagon rut!

😁

However, let me answer your questions. Yes the recruiter hunted me down out of the blue, but I've already applied with them multiple times. Never got this far in the process with them. I am hanging out on multiple job search sites. The job has a future and the starting pay is acceptable. I've got 39 years of job related experience under my belt. My goal is to get into management. And, the distance to work is doable. I don't necessarily like the drive, but it's better than it could be. And, it's a Corporate job so there better be a break room!

Bring on more questions, Meanie!

I am trying not to jinx myself and you ain't helping!

:unsure:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,858 Posts
You really are mean! Beating a girl down when she's already been lower than a snake in a wagon rut!

😁

However, let me answer your questions. Yes the recruiter hunted me down out of the blue, but I've already applied with them multiple times. Never got this far in the process with them. I am hanging out on multiple job search sites. The job has a future and the starting pay is acceptable. I've got 39 years of job related experience under my belt. My goal is to get into management. And, the distance to work is doable. I don't necessarily like the drive, but it's better than it could be. And, it's a Corporate job so there better be a break room!.....

Denny, I like your perseverance. You'll become a pro at job interviews, the more you experience... Don't give up!

------------------------------------------------------

Now for the funny.....

Denny's First Job Interview - A Bit Rusty at the Process 😲

Denny's Next Job Interview - Valuable Lessons Learned 😉

Denny's Last Job Interview - A Real Pro at the Process, Turning on the Charm.... (y)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,858 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,990
....Lastly, you gotta have this Break Room setup like all the high tech firms have! (Deal breaker?)

Break Room Table Tennis Setup
Yep! Hertz had a ping pong table and a foozball table! The players had the table turned the wrong way and there was always the chance you were going to get slammed into on the way out to the smoking patio.

I don't think asking for a break room is too much to ask. I was burning gas sitting in Guz to eat my lunch at the RV place.

·
Premium Member
8,966 Posts
Good morning everybody ! 65 here yesterday : ))) 45 this morning and light rain , with heavy rain this evening and maybe some T-Storms !

Now Denny it's your turn for me ! Your my little sister and I will always pull on your pony tails from time to time , LOL

But you really need to read more of MC's posts in training ! Her main point is to set your pup or Dog for success ! I think since all this job hunting you have been doing is that your setting your self up for failure - NO , Doc is now being mean here - just my opinion though .

You know what you like to do , your driven , hard working , pretty and have a great since of humor - all pluses !

His post of your bothers me : Why can't a decent job find me ! YOU need to FIND that job , not to many times does that gift horse just walks in !

Look at your brothers and sisters on here .

1. 1 sister is in life saving

2. One has her own very successful business along with running programs at a church .

3. 1 is a English major ( spellin ) LOL

4. 1 was in marine supplies + 1 great dober person ,know world wide

5 1 brother was a engineer in Canada

6 1 brother commanded a large ship , sailing the high sea's delivering equipment to our men in service

7 Good John ? Don't know what he did , but am sure he was good at what he did

8 , 1 has a large green house operation .

9 . The common factor ? they all controlled there destiny - they took the bull by the horns ! They did not sit around -wishing there jobs would find them , they went out had studied , worked hard and found them .

10 . Everybody I talk to can not find good help ! What they would give to find somebody like you !

11 ! Sit down and think , what would make Denny happy ? What are your needs - like a break room , pay , drive time , what ever . Then YOU start looking ! There are many resources out there to use to find that job .

12. When you do a job interview , think about it , is this really what I want - remember what MC says !!!

13. Sorry if you think I'm being mean - but I really like my little sister and want the best for her : ))

14. NOW ! Go grab that bull by the horns girlfriend ! : ))

Doc
1605967948276.png

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,992
Break room is a must and don’t forget the water and ice.
She like refreshments at work.
I had to revisit this. I am basically a cheap person and don't want to buy soda's out of the vending machine. I had a coffee cup to heat up water, let my tea bags steep and then throw that into a big cup of ice. Instant iced tea! I don't even put sugar in it. I take my tea straight! I would have a meltdown when I got to work and had forgotten that I was out of tea bags!

:eek:

·
Premium Member
13,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,993 (Edited)
Good morning everybody ! 65 here yesterday : ))) 45 this morning and light rain , with heavy rain this evening and maybe some T-Storms !

Now Denny it's your turn for me ! Your my little sister and I will always pull on your pony tails from time to time , LOL

But you really need to read more of MC's posts in training ! Her main point is to set your pup or Dog for success ! I think since all this job hunting you have been doing is that your setting your self up for failure - NO , Doc is now being mean here - just my opinion though .

You know what you like to do , your driven , hard working , pretty and have a great since of humor - all pluses !

His post of your bothers me : Why can't a decent job find me ! YOU need to FIND that job , not to many times does that gift horse just walks in !

Look at your brothers and sisters on here .

1. 1 sister is in life saving

2. One has her own very successful business along with running programs at a church .

3. 1 is a English major ( spellin ) LOL

4. 1 was in marine supplies + 1 great dober person ,know world wide

5 1 brother was a engineer in Canada

6 1 brother commanded a large ship , sailing the high sea's delivering equipment to our men in service

7 Good John ? Don't know what he did , but am sure he was good at what he did

8 , 1 has a large green house operation .

9 . The common factor ? they all controlled there destiny - they took the bull by the horns ! They did not sit around -wishing there jobs would find them , they went out had studied , worked hard and found them .

10 . Everybody I talk to can not find good help ! What they would give to find somebody like you !

11 ! Sit down and think , what would make Denny happy ? What are your needs - like a break room , pay , drive time , what ever . Then YOU start looking ! There are many resources out there to use to find that job .

12. When you do a job interview , think about it , is this really what I want - remember what MC says !!!

13. Sorry if you think I'm being mean - but I really like my little sister and want the best for her : ))

14. NOW ! Go grab that bull by the horns girlfriend ! : ))

Doc
View attachment 135934
Thanks Kenny!

It's not like I have just been sitting on my A$$ not trying. Am I trying as hard as I can? No. My bad!

I did need the cattle prod pep talk though and I appreciate it!

😘

There is a lot of competition out there and I think part of the problem is employers are hiring back their furlowed and laid off employees first. Rumor has it Hertz will be selling cars again when they get their bankruptcy stuff together and I could probably get back on with them but want zero to do with the location of their new building. And, I knew that when they announced they were selling the old building.

·
Registered
9,573 Posts
I'm here Denny--sometimes I just read in the early morning but I have no choice except to be up at 6:00am--the cats who don't "get" the changes from DST and regular standard time make sure of that and in turn they make sure Joey is awake and wanting his breakfast too.

I think the 6:00am Pacific Coast time (regular) is three hours off of Oklahoma time (I know it is for Indiana--Ken told me) so that would be 9:00am Oklahoma time.

Yeah, I'm definitely up and about--I've even cleaned the litter box--made my bed before Leon could rush in and occupy it after his breakfast, swept the kitchen floor, vacuumed the hall. Can't do anything outside yet--still too dark, dense fog and too wet.

Forecast for around Portland (the left hand one) is fog burning off around noon (yesterday actually was quite nice--fog in my neighborhood evaporated at about 10:00am--and the wind dropped so the afternoon was quite nice.) sunny in the afternoon and somewhat warmer with light rain late in the day--Sunday--rain! Ah well, it's late fall in Oregon--I wouldn't expect much else. At least the rain is starting to eradicate the drought conditions which have been in effect for about the last three years.

So, now that I've checked in I think I'll go take a nap--maybe it'll be less dreary and cold in another hour or so. G'morning to ya'll.

ABTLH/dobebug

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,586 Posts
All I can say is...wow. This is just amazing

40981 - 41000 of 41057 Posts