Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

40161 - 40180 of 41103 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
We are in the middle of having a new fence put in and it is supposed to pour here all day Thursday with the remnants of Zeta - ugh!! They will not be finished tomorrow..... it is slow going. The machine they use for drilling the holes in our rocky soil will tear up our yard even more than it has so far. We have been waiting for months for this new fence - they would pick a super rainy week to put in in - ugh.

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,163
We are in the middle of having a new fence put in and it is supposed to pour here all day Thursday with the remnants of Zeta - ugh!! They will not be finished tomorrow..... it is slow going. The machine they use for drilling the holes in our rocky soil will tear up our yard even more than it has so far. We have been waiting for months for this new fence - they would pick a super rainy week to put in in - ugh.
That sucks!

My ex co-worker bought a new house and is planning a swimming pool. That for sure will tear up her yard! I don't know how they are going to get the equipment in without dismantling her privacy fence, to say the least.

All my trees are severely damaged from the ice. I think my peach tree made it. We shall see tomorrow.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,866 Posts
That sucks!

My ex co-worker bought a new house and is planning a swimming pool. That for sure will tear up her yard! I don't know how they are going to get the equipment in without dismantling her privacy fence, to say the least.

All my trees are severely damaged from the ice. I think my peach tree made it. We shall see tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that about your trees. Wx channel just showed footage of lots of ice on trees in Edmund, OK, in a fancy neighborhood. :eek:

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,165
OK, I have exactly 5 minutes, but I have to make a comment. Kenny, you're trying to pull LDi's leg, right? You don't REALLY believe what you're saying, right?

And LDi, almond "milk" is just almonds blended to a paste with water added to make it more liquid. There's no milk in it.

Denny, sorry about the job not working out, but you'll find something better. :)

OK, gotta go! Maybe the ceiling guys will be here later to sand. Not sure, but I hope so. Then at least that will be done and we can have a little peace and quiet around here, but only as long as the cats are sleeping. ;)

I wish Lannie and I lived closer. I would send Mister over to help Rich fix something. Lannie and I would be sitting at a table with coffee and talking about them!

Is that right Lannie?

LOL

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,166
Sorry to hear that about your trees. Wx channel just showed footage of lots of ice on trees in Edmund, OK, in a fancy neighborhood. :eek:
Edmondnites are uppity people who had a shorter distance to get to the generators. They probably had one already and scooped 1 up for one of their kids. And that is why my stupid little wall propane heater rocked!

Mister went looking for a generator today. I admonished him for thinking that. I was right!

Guess a generator is on our bucket list to prepare for next winter. We probably need to go ahead and buy another chain saw. We've got lots of limbs to cut.

Oops!

I meant I drag and he cuts.

😇

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Good morning . What a terrible day yesterday was ! Misted rain , cloudy , you name it , finally called it a day at 2:30 = it was raining and we were working outside and both Norm and I were getting pretty wet .

Called one of my CaseIH dealers in Aug. to do a combine inspection and to service a few things that only they can do - they showed up yesterday ! AFTER we were done , LOL Boy I was all over them for there GREAT service !!!!! LOL They did find one belt that is a little iffy and it will be in this morning .

Did talk to LCM Farms yesterday and told them we were on stand by to help them get done before the BIG rains move in tonight ( up to 3 inches or more ) Well thats not going to happen - light rain all day yesterday + it is still misting here as I type .

As soon as sun comes up - Will post a picture of what LG got into yesterday ! Since We got done , training has gone way up , but after what happened , the wick got turned way up and she is not happy ! The most important part ? we made headway ! I will admit that most of her problems is MY fault ! = lack of training ! that is because of me being gone for over a month in the fields .

Update ! Talking to LCM now , LOL they did get to shell yesterday - it did not rain where they were at and got moved back over by me , so we may jump in and " Getter " done LOL

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Bad LG ! I took her out to potty , We NEVER leave her unattended , this why , yet I did walk back into the house to get a jacket , gone a few minutes at most and found this screen for the worse ! There were 3 pieces of it on the ground , I can not tell if it was all there or she ate some of it , I guess time will tell .

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Mel,

Our grass usually stays green almost all winter, depending on how cold it gets and for how long. Tall fescue...it looks great in spring and fall but tends to go dormant and turn brown during the hot summer months...which is pretty much the opposite of what I'd like in a lawn.
What on earth are you doing with fescue as a lawn--we grow all your grass seed here in Oregon--Willamette valley in particular. Although the chosen fescue for lawns in Oregon itself is a short fescue. With the water prices in Portland and the fact that we have very dry and reasonably warm summers there is nothing we could plant for lawns that stays green during the summer (I sure couldn't afford it--just keeping my front lawn (small, very small) watered sufficiently to keep it green would almost double my already exorbitant water bills for Quarter 2 and Quarter 3.

I basically have a lawn that looks good in the spring and fall too--it does stay green through the winter--we rarely get extended periods of weather cold enough during the winter to make it go dormant but I have a nice brown rug most of the summer in lieu of a front lawn.

The recent two weeks of intermittent rain turned the front green almost immediately and it's been cool enough to keep it green but we are supposed to have more rain toward the end of this week--that will finish the process. I've mowed it twice in the last three weeks.

dobebug/ABTLH
Bad LG ! I took her out to potty , We NEVER leave her unattended , this why , yet I did walk back into the house to get a jacket , gone a few minutes at most and found this screen for the worse ! There were 3 pieces of it on the ground , I can not tell if it was all there or she ate some of it , I guess time will tell .

View attachment 135538
LOL--too bad I'm not closer I'm a master rescreener (lots of practice from all the old houses I've moved into). Bad, bad, bad lil' badbitch.

Well, now you have time off from being a too busy farmer and you can spend at least part of the winter being a too busy dog trainer.

But she's so cute--I don't know how you can teach her to be very, very good instead of being very, very bad.

dobebug/ABTLH

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,068 Posts
Here you go, ECIN. It even has a Karaoke section you can sing along with:

The Little Girl with a Curl by Appuseries

I'm pretty good at re-screening too—but when Capri blasted through our screen door and took it down (after a deer, I think), she warped the frame, and it is still not what it used to be.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
Here you go, ECIN. It even has a Karaoke section you can sing along with:

The Little Girl with a Curl by Appuseries

I'm pretty good at re-screening too—but when Capri blasted through our screen door and took it down (after a deer, I think), she warped the frame, and it is still not what it used to be.
LOL Mel ! That song fit's her to a T ! I told several friends - That she can be as sweet as she is a problem - she can flip that switch pretty quick .

40161 - 40180 of 41103 Posts