Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

40101 - 40120 of 41159 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,101
I'm to the point now that if I'm dispatched by she-who-must-be-obeyed my loving wife to Kroger, even if it's for one or two things, I open the note app on my iPhone and write it down.

The people that bug me the most are the ones that stop in the middle of the aisle and then stand there, staring at the selections of stuff like jams, or salad dressing, like they've never seen them before and can't make up their mind what to buy
I know, right?

Come on you old geezer! Surely you know you are not the only one in the store! How did you even figure out how to get to the store?

I check my isles before I get trapped in them. If I have to, I skip that isle and come in from the other end so they have no choice but to see me. I even helped the cashier find the bar codes yesterday!

You really should see me whip through a grocery store. Mister can't even keep up with me. He tries to scold me by saying his mom always got the cold stuff at the end. My response is, was and always will be, we ain't gonna be in here long enough for it to matter.

I should be a personal shopper!

I am pretty good and getting in and out of Wally World too!

😁

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,872 Posts
Ah--the good ol' Chesire Cat--yeah, Culpeper was wearing that grin when he leaned into the cabinet.

And I've solved the date thing at least to some degree--I'm going to put a date either at the top of my post or by my signature at the bottom if I forget to put it at the top.

dobebug like this see---10/26/20 YAY!

Bug- If you hold your mouse pointer over the "1 h ago" or "6 mo ago" at top of each "Reply" or Post, the Date/Time stamp pops up in balloon! 😉

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,872 Posts
....You really should see me whip through a grocery store. Mister can't even keep up with me. He tries to scold me by saying his mom always got the cold stuff at the end. My response is, was and always will be, we ain't gonna be in here long enough for it to matter.

I should be a personal shopper!

I am pretty good and getting in and out of Wally World too!

😁
I can be in & out of our Sam's Club in 10 minutes.
Get everything on list, nothing more, nothing less. Self checkout and boom! Out the door in 10 minutes!
My DW is unimpressed by my repeated record of shopping - OG's (Old Geezer, Guy or Goat) Mantra- Shop the List, Shop Early, Shop Quickly! (y)

My daughter during Covid-19 slowdown, is a curbside shopper for our grocery chain, HEB (FYI- rated #1 grocery chain in nation).

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,080 Posts
I know about grabbing the wrong stuff by accident—my daughter did the shopping for me for the first few months of this CoVid (now I order in). I sent her to get sour cream—the dairy shelves were practically empty and our normal brands were sold out (because you might really really need sour cream if you are quarantined for a lengthy period of time.)

She wasn't perhaps as wary as she should have been, but came home with this…..stuff

It's clearly labeled "Sour Cream" right? Until you notice the "Milk Free" and "Better Than" parts of the label. It is basically tofu, tastes absolutely horrible with no resemblance to what it claims to be—and whatever it is, it is NOT better than sour cream.

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,106
What kills me with speed shopping is when i get home and find that i have bought the low fat or whatever they call it these days. I thinks they are disguising that stuff to move it off the shelves
🤓
I have no problem with that unless they are out of what I came for. I know my grocery stores. I need this, this, this and this. It's the wandering slow pokes that jack my rhythm up.

And, if you are going to stand there and look stupid, can you at least pull your damn cart to the side?

Duh!

I get the same attitude at stop lights and people on their phones. You just caused one car to not get through the light! Dumbass!

I guess I am a ranter tonight!

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
use pointer over the "1 h ago" or "6 mo ago" at top of each "Reply" or Post, the Date/Time stamp pop
It's a very good thing I have you people to take care of me--these things are not self evident to us Luddites--wait I have a new title now but I forget what it is--it was the people on Face Book who had to explain what three dots meant. Only problem with that is that mean different things in different venues--so to me--they're a little like the little cakes Alice found--they said "eat me" and to me the three dots just mean "poke me" and I'll tell you more stuff to do.

Thank you from the bottom of my confused little heart.

dobebug AKA ABTLH

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,109
It's a very good thing I have you people to take care of me--these things are not self evident to us Luddites--wait I have a new title now but I forget what it is--it was the people on Face Book who had to explain what three dots meant. Only problem with that is that mean different things in different venues--so to me--they're a little like the little cakes Alice found--they said "eat me" and to me the three dots just mean "poke me" and I'll tell you more stuff to do.

Thank you from the bottom of my confused little heart.

dobebug AKA ABTLH
You got a gut laugh out of me!

You are such a cute confused little heart.

LMAO (Laughing My A$$ Off) in case you didn't know.

:devilish:

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,110
I know about grabbing the wrong stuff by accident—my daughter did the shopping for me for the first few months of this CoVid (now I order in). I sent her to get sour cream—the dairy shelves were practically empty and our normal brands were sold out (because you might really really need sour cream if you are quarantined for a lengthy period of time.)

She wasn't perhaps as wary as she should have been, but came home with this…..stuff

View attachment 135520

It's clearly labeled "Sour Cream" right? Until you notice the "Milk Free" and "Better Than" parts of the label. It is basically tofu, tastes absolutely horrible with no resemblance to what it claims to be—and whatever it is, it is NOT better than sour cream.
They had to broadcast it to disguise the fact that it isn't sour cream, sour cream, sour cream!

I bet Lannie will have something to say about this!

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #40,111
What kills me with speed shopping is when i get home and find that i have bought the low fat or whatever they call it these days. I thinks they are disguising that stuff to move it off the shelves
🤓
Here is another thing that kills me. "Made with real cheese".

WTF?

If it isn't real cheese then what is it?

I'm cornfused.

o_O

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,080 Posts
Cheeses—from a Wisconsin .gov site: "Cheeses can be broadly grouped into the categories of natural cheese, process cheese, pasteurized process cheese, cheese food, and cheese spreads."

All I know is that if they can't call it natural cheese, I ain't buying.

The thing I can't quite figure out is fat-free cream.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Glad to see you are able to relax some Doc....I am sure shortly there will be planning for the next crop or other farm work!

Yesterday Mila - gave us a great laugh. We were outside, I am in the hammock lounging. My wife sitting at the patio table and we were talking. Mila on the ground tearing up a pine cone spitting out the pieces as she went. She got up, wife looked at her....and that set Mila off. She started picking up the pine cone and tossing it then zooming, picking up the pine cone and tossing it. She threw it under the hammock zoomed off and full speed ran under the hammock.... The hammock is low to the ground so have to watch if she doesn't scoot under. This time she didn't scoot as much and whacked me right at kidney level....ouch. In between zooming she is trying to "attack" me in the hammock and playing with wife. Was quite entertaining. No real clue what set her off :D

Hope all have a good day!

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Good morning everybody - Boy that OK is a mess ! nothing worse than Freezing rain !

Calling for up to 3 inches of rain here from Southern Storm , for those not done - this will be a hard hit ! Neighbor still has several hundred acres to go - going to call them and see if they want me to jump in with our combine and cart to help and try to get them done before wild weather moves in tomorrow night .

Boy I'm looking forward to election day ! Then the virus will be done and I can go BS with friends again = a big LMAO

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Good morning everyone!

Glad to see you are able to relax some Doc....I am sure shortly there will be planning for the next crop or other farm work!

Yesterday Mila - gave us a great laugh. We were outside, I am in the hammock lounging. My wife sitting at the patio table and we were talking. Mila on the ground tearing up a pine cone spitting out the pieces as she went. She got up, wife looked at her....and that set Mila off. She started picking up the pine cone and tossing it then zooming, picking up the pine cone and tossing it. She threw it under the hammock zoomed off and full speed ran under the hammock.... The hammock is low to the ground so have to watch if she doesn't scoot under. This time she didn't scoot as much and whacked me right at kidney level....ouch. In between zooming she is trying to "attack" me in the hammock and playing with wife. Was quite entertaining. No real clue what set her off :D

Hope all have a good day!
That should teach you to goof off and lay your lazy azz down in the middle of the day !

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
ECIN, thats really nice of you to offer to help your neighbor.
I really, really, hesitate to write this but....
We need more people like you in the world!
There I said it.....
AJ do you want to play a game ?
How many lawn mows do you think we have do before it is winter.
Here I will go first .......my guess is 2

·
Premium Member
7,056 Posts
The thing I can't quite figure out is fat-free cream.

Here Mel , Let farm boy help you out on this one !

Fat free cream means it does not have any fat in it !

Glad i could help = No charge either 😁 😁
Well isn’t CREAM.....supposed to be derived from the fat of the milk?
City slicker must know.......and also what exactly is almond milk?

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,593 Posts
Good morning everyone. I'm going to try to cut the front lawn today, and then run the mower in the backyard to get as many of the leaves up as possible, because they say we may get around 3 inches of rain between tomorrow and Thursday and then it's going to be a tad on the chilly side come Friday. And tomorrow, with the rains moving in, may be the perfect day to cast my votes; the lines for early voting here have been super long and I'm not a fan of crowds or long lines but I am determined to vote, more this time than any other time in my life :)

40101 - 40120 of 41159 Posts