Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39421 - 39440 of 39938 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,817 Posts
I can taste bananas in just about anything that has them—naturally, because I don't like the flavor much. Though I do like my easy banana cream pie.

Figs aren't necessarily that easy to get when you don't live in fig country. They don't keep that well. We had a fig tree out back when I was growing up in Louisiana, and picking them off the tree when they were fully ripe was an absolute pleasure (as was picking satsumas fresh off the bush when temps fell down close to refrigerator temps in the fall.)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
All of you that played are losers!!!

It is FIGS......figs sweeten smoothies the best.

And I have found that yogurt makes a smoothie taste like you used soured milk!!!!!

So almond milk, blueberries, strawberries, real shredded coconut, bananas, and a touch of peanut butter is tasty IMO.

Raspberries have been banned by my Richard! He hates those seeds.

Wonder if there is such a thing as seedless raspberries...........there are seedless watermelons......will research this in between saving lives.
Huh! I always thought it was dates--they are practically all sugar when then have just start to dry but you really have to make sure you don't accidently leave any little pieces of of the seed still in a date you are tossing in a blender--they make a lot of noise and can burn a blender out.

I don't really like figs so much and they have all those teeny tiny seeds. Nope I'll take dates instead and ick LaDi--no peanut butter in smoothies--what were you thinking.

And I've always cheated (just to make sure the smoothie isn't too healthy and use flavored yogurts--vanilla or strawberry are my favorites but those are loaded with sugar--not quite as much as Ken thought a smoothie should have but enough to keep them from tasting like sour milk.

I'm no fan of almond milk and I think it's made with soy (Ken would be happy about that--gives him an incentive to go and harvest some more beans) but I can taste the soy.

Personally if I'm making them my base is ice cream and then I start adding fruit--I prefer peaches myself and blueberries. But I'm good with the hated raspberries or blackberries (which also have seeds. And if I've got enough stuff in the smoothie to conceal the taste of bananas (they are )

Ooops--I better get going I'm supposed to go to the post office today.

ABTLH

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,514 Posts
Good evening folks. Mocha is laying down beside me and resting so I have a little me time and decided to do a quick drive-by to catch up a bit.

Sure hope TN will bless us with a moon.

It's gorgeous here tonight.

:x

And no, I am not playing with my camera tonight.

0:)
Denny, I did take a pic of the moon the other night (you know me too well :2smile:), here ya go

And as a bonus, here's one from earlier this month

Rut roh!

Just noticed TN's house on Google Street View just got blurred?...
:2surprise:

...and TN's Lot Now "Appears" Vacant on Google Earth? :ugone2far:

That's funny, SD! But that second pic, living in that kind of neighborhood is way out of my paygrade although it sure would be nice to have that amount of land and a house that size :2smile:

And I have local law enforcement ready for any potential smoker thieves :wink2:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts
That's funny, SD! But that second pic, living in that kind of neighborhood is way out of my paygrade although it sure would be nice to have that amount of land and a house that size :2smile:

And I have local law enforcement ready for any potential smoker thieves :wink2:

Love the canine cop GIF!

Haha!, Pulled that Google Earth screen shot from a Clarksville neighborhood, on Pond Apple road off Memorial drive. Plenty of room for the Dobes to run! :2smile:

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Well yesterday - it was mostly cloudy , so that slowed down drying on them - I took one more load to town while its wet out - there is nobody there - drive in , drive out , when everybody is cutting - the line can be as long a 3 hour wait ! So know I should have plenty of room to hold what i have left to harvest . When I got home , I ended up cutting a semi load and going to unload them first thing this morning . Everything id tarped over there as it did rain a very little , so have to open it all up and then climb the bin to open that up ( thats why I didn't un-load last night ) : ))

Slight chance of rain this afternoon - so may not get much done to day .

So Mel --- Whats going on out West ?

BTW - Happy Oct :grin2:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,817 Posts
It's starting to get cool here—seeing some fall colors. I still feel like it should be Spring somehow—this year has been such a strange messed up one my idea of the seasons is totally out of whack.

There's another fire up in Wyoming heading south into Colorado. There are a lot of beetle killed trees up there—they're native and part of the natural cycle, but they affect stressed trees more and the youngish forests in areas that were clear cut during the mining boom in the late 1800's are now getting older—the trees are too crowded for the conditions.

So it's smoky up in Denver, but the Springs air isn't too bad. The high ground between Denver and the Springs puts us in two different weather systems.

Ummm……that's about it from here. A bit of fall cleanup—draining and taking down my summer "cool tub" is always a pain getting it dry and put away. Gotta walk Hairy for sure this morning—he's missed out the last couple of days because I haven't wanted to get out in the smoky air, but that's just the way it's going to have to be.

·
Premium Member
8,712 Posts
Talk about dumb luck , Yesterday - I was putting LG up and I had a few pieces of her food in my hand , she ----- some how , turned her head to smell or try and grab some food and she drove one of her - what is very few -- puppy teeth right under my thumb nail - just like driving a splinter under it ! I looked to see if she left a tooth in there :grin2: No matter what I did - or every time I moved in bed - I hit it or it felt like I hit it with a very large hammer .

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,514 Posts
Love the canine cop GIF!

Haha!, Pulled that Google Earth screen shot from a Clarksville neighborhood, on Pond Apple road off Memorial drive. Plenty of room for the Dobes to run! :2smile:
I know that area; those homes are in the $350,000 - $500,000 price range. Way out of our league :|

·
Alpha schmalpha
3,892 Posts
Talk about dumb luck , Yesterday - I was putting LG up and I had a few pieces of her food in my hand , she ----- some how , turned her head to smell or try and grab some food and she drove one of her - what is very few -- puppy teeth right under my thumb nail - just like driving a splinter under it ! I looked to see if she left a tooth in there :grin2: No matter what I did - or every time I moved in bed - I hit it or it felt like I hit it with a very large hammer .
I think you are in over your head with this dog!

Just wait until her brain out grows her skull!

I am afraid for you guys!

Do you need me to take her? I will!! Just tie her to your mailbox and i will get her!

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
It's starting to get cool here—seeing some fall colors. I still feel like it should be Spring somehow—this year has been such a strange messed up one my idea of the seasons is totally out of whack.

There's another fire up in Wyoming heading south into Colorado. There are a lot of beetle killed trees up there—they're native and part of the natural cycle, but they affect stressed trees more and the youngish forests in areas that were clear cut during the mining boom in the late 1800's are now getting older—the trees are too crowded for the conditions.

So it's smoky up in Denver, but the Springs air isn't too bad. The high ground between Denver and the Springs puts us in two different weather systems.

Ummm……that's about it from here. A bit of fall cleanup—draining and taking down my summer "cool tub" is always a pain getting it dry and put away. Gotta walk Hairy for sure this morning—he's missed out the last couple of days because I haven't wanted to get out in the smoky air, but that's just the way it's going to have to be.
You won't be thrilled to hear the forecast for further west than you are Mel. Yesterday's forecasts all said cooling trend here in the PNW but with high smoke from the California fires and a few uncontained Oregon fires still. Then went onto show views from the air of the west coast to the east--smoke all the way by today they said.

They also said possible fog on the coast here and maybe a little inland. Yeah, sure--a little inland--well between the high smoke and "maybe" coastal fog it's socked in fog at my house (east side of Portland) this morning.

There is a weather report running now--just showed a picture of one of the Interstates in Portland (couldn't tell which one--I-205 or I-5) Totally socked in--you could barely see headlight moving through the fog.

UGH--I hate fog...

ABTLH

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
POLICE STOP :grin2:

I got pulled over on Route 11 for doing 15 km over the speed limit. As the officer started walking up to my car, i rolled my windows down.
My adorable and apparently incredibly smart 4 yr old Grandson, started screaming from the backseat,
“It’s coming out! I can’t hold it any longer Grandpa! It’s almost here! Grandpaaaaaaa!!!”
The officer is hearing him scream this and leans in the window and asks him,
“What’s going on here?”
My grandson looks him Dead in the face and says,
“I’ve got poop coming outta my bum!”
The officer started laughing. I looked like I was about to cry. He asked how far I had to go, which was about 3 kilometres to home. He told me to drive safe and get the little guy home to do his business. He could not stop laughing.
As soon as we pulled away I asked,
“What was that all about?”
This kid smirked and said,
“I saw it on YouTube but I didn’t think it would work.”
I said, “So You're not pooping?”
He said, “Nope and you're not in trouble either.”

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
Moe, it all started way back on CT Post #119, when B67 made a typo and called SP an ANGLE vs. ANGEL... (Maybe intentional?)

Then, for the next 1577 pages, this issue resurfaced periodically on CT...

https://www.dobermantalk.com/non-doberman-animal-talk/288225-girls-outside-295.html#post4000905

So, you just need to go back and review the 39K+ posts to follow this issue!

Yeah, they can certainly get into pretzel shapes a lot. :grin2::grin2:
WOW SD - all the way back, to Post #109 & jump to #1577...How time flies.
- sometimes I just wish...people would reply, to my comments sooner LOL
- and trust me, everything I write...literally has a Typo or 2 :2surprise: minimum
- but reads perfect...in my own mind :laugh:

MEL - didn't know that Larry had a perfect excuse, for his delinquent spelling.
- so butchering up the English language, Beau had to be granted many Free Passes

And SP - didn't originally know, Beau could be so arrogant, in his funnies. >:)
- and will feed & poke the Bear(s), when needed

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
You won't be thrilled to hear the forecast for further west than you are Mel. Yesterday's forecasts all said cooling trend here in the PNW but with high smoke from the California fires and a few uncontained Oregon fires still. Then went onto show views from the air of the west coast to the east--smoke all the way by today they said.

They also said possible fog on the coast here and maybe a little inland. Yeah, sure--a little inland--well between the high smoke and "maybe" coastal fog it's socked in fog at my house (east side of Portland) this morning.

There is a weather report running now--just showed a picture of one of the Interstates in Portland (couldn't tell which one--I-205 or I-5) Totally socked in--you could barely see headlight moving through the fog.

UGH--I hate fog...

ABTLH
Bug: Have to tell you that one of my neighbors up the street is a volunteer for the Red Cross, and is out in Oregon right now for probably about 3 weeks helping people displaced by the fire with housing and food. She said it is beautiful out there!

39421 - 39440 of 39938 Posts