Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39381 - 39400 of 39908 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,802 Posts
I also got a chuckle about the fact that a good many people believe that we were visited long ago by aliens (not cats though, or maybe they brought the cats with them and forgot to take them back when they left) because of things like that, which show up not just in Revelations but in miscellaneous sections of the bible.
What makes you so sure the cats were forgotten, and hadn't just meowed at the spaceship hatches so long that the aliens let them out and told them it served them right if they were left behind?

My son made the mistake of taking Trip out on a leash mid summer, and Trip hasn't let us forget (every. single. day) that a cat's natural habitat is outside. Which with our coyotes is a non-starter.

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
My Chi was not working yesterday. Sunday I sent Mister to the store with a LIST in my TRUCK and he forgot the chili seasoning. So, yesterday sent him back to the store for the seasoning and he brought back taco seasoning.

:|

As you all know I am having a hard time eating and yesterday I was ready chow down on chili. Had to go back to the store. I was so ready to scarf down. Chili wasn't ready until 8 last night.

Argh!

Patiently waiting for FedEx and Paycom to send me a rejection letter, yet once again.

Surely at some point they are going to give up and just hire me.

:2surprise:

Lots of competition out there I guess.
I didn't now you were having a hard time eating. How come? Considering how much we talk about food on the CT I am in the kitchen seeing if I have the appropriate ingredients to make whatever it is they are talking about. But because I'm not a griller and don't have a grill or smoker I'm ready to kill all of the guys who put up pictures of brisket, steaks, roasts--even corn since there isn't a way to duplicate it (nor do I have any skill at all with them).

I forget--why was it you lasted one day and quit that job that hired you on the spot and you lasted one day and quit. I thought you said initially when you applied that it looked perfect?

Denny, what position or positions are you applying for with UPS--hope it isn't as a delivery driver--I thought about you and your UPS application yesterday when a small but chunky girl was the driver who came to bring me a 37.5 pound bag of ProPlan--so it was with the box a 38.5 pound delivery. I didn't think she was going to make it from the truck to my door (and my driveway is short). I know UPS and most of the other big delivery services require that you be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.

Gotta' go pull weeds and reprune the camillias--they got confused with the weather this year--bloomed really early and started growing during the period when they normally don't because they are busy setting buds for next years blooms. So this weirdo summer they did both and now they are so overgrown I need to to be prune which will mean a lot fewer flowers in the spring. I don't care at this point--they look terrible and are practically blocking the daylight at the front window.

ABTLH

PS We've gone from last week when we got a whole months worth of rain in two days and our average temperatures were hovering between high 60's and very low 70's. Then we had some cloudy/foggy mornings with clear skies and mid 70's in the afternoon. And today (and the weather guessers got this right--clear blue skies, light winds temperatures predicted to be in the low to mid 80's the rest of the week--no rain predicted for all that period and the downer is that once again California has either one or maybe now two huge new fires and we'll have smoke again and be sending it inland to parts of Idaho and Montana.

dobebug

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
What is hygroma?

Layman's terms please.
Water on the elbow. It's not really water it's serum usually in short haired dogs it's from laying on hard floors although I've seen a few dogs who I know loll around on sumptuous well cushion bed who have them.

Oops--I see MeadowCat already answered this--oh well can't have too many explanations can you?

ABTLH

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
What makes you so sure the cats were forgotten, and hadn't just meowed at the spaceship hatches so long that the aliens let them out and told them it served them right if they were left behind?

My son made the mistake of taking Trip out on a leash mid summer, and Trip hasn't let us forget (every. single. day) that a cat's natural habitat is outside. Which with our coyotes is a non-starter.
Well, you definitely have a point Mel. Even as I was typing that Leon (my old fart who is giving senility a go these days--he's the allergy cat who eats only one of the two available fully hydrolized diets (HP by Royal Canin or HA by Purina)--even crumbs of anyone else's food make him scratch himself raw and have instant diarrhea and nearly continuous vomiting. So he eats in the bathroom. When he wants out he cries (and since one of his fairly close ancestors was clearly Siamese) as he cries the volume goes up and becomes more of a yodel until you can hear him in the back yard when you are mowing the lawn.)

He wanted out--that's because his increasing senilty causes him to demand food (he's not really hungry but he does want something--he doesn't know what he wants and I speak a little cat but not enough to figure out this). So I spend some time daily letting Leon in and out of the bathroom.

So if those Aliens let the meowing cats out the hatch and some of them didn't make it back in I'm not surprised.

Poor Trip. Clark would agree with him--I got Clark when he was an inside/outside cat and came into the clinic with a degloved tail (very painful--Denny--it means his tail got caught on something and the tail covering, skin and hair was no longer really attached to the bony structure under the covering. This happens when cat get it's tail slammed in a door, or window or caught in a revolving belt--stuff like that. ) Degloving means the cat always becomes an IM (instant Manx)--by amputating the tail. He belonged to an 8 year old boy--his parents decided that euthanizing the cat would be easier on their pocket book even though our vet pointed out that the euthanasia was only marginally less expensive than docking the cat--who was only 14 months old and a really nice cat--didn't even try to eat us when the vet and I were looking at how bad it was--bad. nothing to do but amputate.

I ended up with him--I really was going to find him a good home--I guess I did but I didn't plan it being in my home.

Anyway--Clark remains convinced that I should let him out to be a real cat--and periodically he makes determined attempts to be outside and occasionally even does get outside--I go and retrieve him and as I carry him back to the house I remind him that when he was an inside/outside cat before--it's how he came to lose his tail and become an IM. Not that he cares--he still makes mad dashes for freedom.

ABTLH

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,385
I didn't now you were having a hard time eating. How come? Considering how much we talk about food on the CT I am in the kitchen seeing if I have the appropriate ingredients to make whatever it is they are talking about. But because I'm not a griller and don't have a grill or smoker I'm ready to kill all of the guys who put up pictures of brisket, steaks, roasts--even corn since there isn't a way to duplicate it (nor do I have any skill at all with them).

I forget--why was it you lasted one day and quit that job that hired you on the spot and you lasted one day and quit. I thought you said initially when you applied that it looked perfect?

Denny, what position or positions are you applying for with UPS--hope it isn't as a delivery driver--I thought about you and your UPS application yesterday when a small but chunky girl was the driver who came to bring me a 37.5 pound bag of ProPlan--so it was with the box a 38.5 pound delivery. I didn't think she was going to make it from the truck to my door (and my driveway is short). I know UPS and most of the other big delivery services require that you be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.

Gotta' go pull weeds and reprune the camillias--they got confused with the weather this year--bloomed really early and started growing during the period when they normally don't because they are busy setting buds for next years blooms. So this weirdo summer they did both and now they are so overgrown I need to to be prune which will mean a lot fewer flowers in the spring. I don't care at this point--they look terrible and are practically blocking the daylight at the front window.

ABTLH

PS We've gone from last week when we got a whole months worth of rain in two days and our average temperatures were hovering between high 60's and very low 70's. Then we had some cloudy/foggy mornings with clear skies and mid 70's in the afternoon. And today (and the weather guessers got this right--clear blue skies, light winds temperatures predicted to be in the low to mid 80's the rest of the week--no rain predicted for all that period and the downer is that once again California has either one or maybe now two huge new fires and we'll have smoke again and be sending it inland to parts of Idaho and Montana.

dobebug
Aunt B I am after an administrative job.

I am done with warehouses and driving jobs.

Why do I have an eating problem?

Stress does that to me.

I go through this with break ups, house buying and unemployment. Most of the problem is I hate fast food. Partial problem might be running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

No worries. I am not bulimic nor anorexic. I totally dig food!

But fast food sucks!

Yuck!

·
Super Moderator
21,122 Posts
When I read your last paragraph about scholarly "discussions" and translations I thought about the Doberman Standard and even 10 years from the time the last revision was made--they were arguing about what exactly "ears, normally cropped meant"..and even though the author of that particular phrase wrote and had it published in an article in Doberman Digest that it meant ears cropped as they had been in the past (STJ/John would recognize that ear--had a lot more bell and was shorter than anything you are likely to see in the ring--Peggy Adamson hated those crops. But even when she wrote that part the longer more elegant show crop was taking over in the ring. Personally (but I'm predjudiced somewhat-)-one of the first places the crop that now is the "show crop" was being done by a vet who had, after WWII ended gone back to Germany and paid to let the two best croppers of Doberman watch them, learn the crop from them. His crops would still look appriate in todays ring.

And that wasn't even one language to another or even an older version of the same language. It was ordinary American English, written by a very bright and argued about the exact phrasing by a group of very dedicated breeder who thought they had is pinned. But we are still arguing about it today.

I also got a chuckle about the fact that a good many people believe that we were visited long ago by aliens (not cats though, or maybe they brought the cats with them and forgot to take them back when they left) because of things like that, which show up not just in Revelations but in miscellaneous sections of the bible.

I'll concede to you MeadowCat the title of Bible Queen and Mel as your side kick and investigator. MeadowCat's DH can be the translator--sounds like he's got a grip on linguistics.

Now, I'll go pull weeds and contemplate the state of the world as it is at the moment.

ABTLH
Ah, the Doberman standard and ears. Was just having a discussion with some friends on FB. Many of us would really like the standard to be changed to be clearer in allowing for a natural ear. I don't suppose we need to open up that can of worms here, but... I personally love and want a cropped dog, and want us to have that choice, but...I really think that allowing for a natural ear would actually benefit the breed in the long run. So many "pet" owners want natural ears and seem to be forced to go to less quality breeders to obtain it.

Anyway, enough about that here in CT.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,802 Posts
I'm not particularly fond of the extra-L-O-O-N-N-G ears dobes are being shown with these days. Seems like there should be a place to meet in the middle between short ears with big bells, and long narrow ears that flip at the tips when the dog moves.

·
Super Moderator
21,122 Posts
I'm not particularly fond of the extra-L-O-O-N-N-G ears dobes are being shown with these days. Seems like there should be a place to meet in the middle between short ears with big bells, and long narrow ears that flip at the tips when the dog moves.
I think Richter has a particularly nice crop. I know I'm a bit biased, but his ears are not crazy long, nor does he have a large bell. It's definitely show cropped shape, but they are shorter than Sypha's ears, for example. I really love them.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,396
He could mean you have to do it all—theoretically that would mean you weren't actually "helping" him finish the job.
LMAO!

He is waiting for a time in the future to say, "And, You didn't even help me finish the office"!

Okay!

Stored in my mental filing cabinet!

:grin2:

>:)

I beat him at this game ALL the time!

After all the sheetrock I might be able to roll my 15 pound bowling ball!

:grin2:

39381 - 39400 of 39908 Posts