Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39361 - 39380 of 39938 Posts

·
Registered
11,859 Posts
Time to go to bed and I put her in her pin , around 1 am , I heard her crying some , her way of waking me up to go pee - I let her out and then when she came back in - Ken did a Cardinal sin - I let her jump in bed with me and that little girl curled right up against me and slept till this morning - no chewing , no nothing , perfect little girl :grin2:

She has a long ways to go to be that great Dober girl , but yesterday , we are headed in the right direction -- again :grin2:
I'm still laughing / our Kelly needed the raised knee treatment to, that fixed her fast.

DOC you SINNER...>:):laugh:
- but Dober girl, sure loved the extra cuddles...and slept like a baby, with Lov'en Daddy

PS - back in 1977, Tanya jumped up on a young girl, at the apartments...1st year.
- she was all in her Sunday bests...coming home from Church Sunday School
- damn father thought my girl, was an attack dog...and was ready to call the Cops
- Beau did some fast talking, avoiding Legal action...and I made it a quick mission of mine...
- family Dobes, are never allowed to Jump Up on Anyone...period
I call the Knee Technique, a little "persuasion" method.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts
Eva Has Been Clingy

Eva has been exceptionally Dober clingy in past week, picking up slack for her bro's normal job. Been walking her regularly, not too far. She let's me know when she's ready to turn around and head back. Every time we get to the circle, she cranes her neck looking for Spidy, her kitty friend. He's hasn't been out recently, maybe his dad made good on his promise to neuter him? :2surprise: Since it's a very cool 55F this morning in SA, we plan to go to the big park this morning with whole pack.

Trying to ride around lot with Eva, she really likes riding/snooping in car. Yesterday, since it was also very cool in AM, left her in car at grocery store while I filled up a couple jugs of water at water machine in front. When I returned to car, this is what I saw, upon opening tailgate!

Hey You Two, CUT IT OUT!..... Don't Make Me Come Back There!

How'd Eva Wiggle Her Big Body Into Small Space?
:laugh:

Had to take her out driver door, then back in sliding side door.

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,363
Good morning everybody ! :grin2::grin2:

Yesterday - It misted around for most of the day - I had more than a plenty to do over at the farm , But I took a personal day off to catch up on some things - mainly little girl , she needs worked with more , And to be honest here - I'm dead tired too , so that's what we did . I have to keep reminding myself she is still a puppy - almost 5 months old , yet she behaves like she is lots older ( she is a girl and they mature quicker ) So we started off the day with on lead training , then out for some very short play time between rains , Now this is too funny - Her reg name is -- I Can't Stand the Rain - I let her out to potty and there was some light rain - She ran out the door , Looked around , shook herself a few times and then ran like the wind , she was hav 'n' a blast out there in it , this happened twice , LOL

Then the fun started , there was a thin spot in the sheet on Kadin's bed - Well --- YKW found it the other day and and would dig at it - Like a Doberman with a toy with eye's on it , they will be gone quick , Well she ended up ripping it some and now she has become a sheet or blanket sucker , I feel that is her teeth , She is losing them left and right , Last night - she sucked a little on my T-shirt and it is covered in blood from losing her K-9's ( Poor baby )

As I worked out in in the office - She was a mess , trying to take the sheet off the bed - chewing on chair legs - my tennis shoes , my shoe strings - anything that moved . I put her on the pincher collar - time to sit on the dog training ! She didn't like that at all , but after a half hour of fighting it , she gave up to be a good girl and curled up by my feet and took a hour nap .

We than went out side fr a potty break - that started off bad- she kept trying a front jump attack on me ! My CSR has gotten worse and for the life of me - I could not remember how to break her of this ! Time to call in back up , I made a quick call to Joyce Cates - The gal that whelped the littler and besides - I wanted to congratulate her on her BISS Dober , Grace , shown by Cindy in Tampa . I felt like a first time owner ! As soon and she started to tell me - I remembered it ! The put your knee up trick ! Girl and I went right back out and her she came running at me a hundred miles a hour - Lifted up my knee and bang ! she hit the ground - But in true Dober fashion , She got up and got a bigger run at me , only to meet my knee and boy did she hit hard ! She bounced off the ground and just laid there , looking at me , got up and that game was then over ! Thank you Joyce !

Back in the house and more tear up the sheet and that lead right back to sit on the dog training . She is starting to get it :wink2:

The sun came out yesterday evening and boy did she have a great time playing with her ball - run and run and run . A few hours later , time to eat ! Before they she eats - I let her out to potty ! Always !! After I feed her - I needed to spend some time with my boy , I put the wild child up , took Kadin out and then after some play time we came in , for to only find out YKH had got mad and peed in her grate ! That really , really peed me off !! I told to enjoy laying in it !!!!! I then fed Kadin , And after a hour of laying in her mess - I grabbed her , carried her outside and let her go , came in and cleaned out her pin , then I grabbed a wet towel and cleaned her up - it was getting cold outside by now and I told her to enjoy freezing her azz off ! and then shut the door , After about 2 seconds - I heard her pounding on the back door with her paws , LOL I was feeling bad and then let her in -I had a new puppy ! She laid down on the bed and looked like a perfect angle !

Time to go to bed and I put her in her pin , around 1 am , I heard her crying some , her way of waking me up to go pee - I let her out and then when she came back in - Ken did a Cardinal sin - I let her jump in bed with me and that little girl curled right up against me and slept till this morning - no chewing , no nothing , perfect little girl :grin2:

She has a long ways to go to be that great Dober girl , but yesterday , we are headed in the right direction -- again :grin2:

Sometimes - I feel like me knowledge of having Dobermans is really showing - then 2 seconds later - I feel like I have never been around one , LOL everyone is different and sometimes I do lean on others for ??? Have you ever dealt with this before ??? LOL

Well it's really foggy her this morning , think I will hang out here for a bit and work with Daddies little angle :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Everybody have a great day :grin2:
Don't "they" have teething rings that you can put in the freezer and give to them to sooth the teething issue?

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,734 Posts
...Well it's really foggy her this morning , think I will hang out here for a bit and work with Daddies little angle :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Everybody have a great day :grin2:

So it turns out LG is an ANGLE, like SP, not an Angel?
No wonder you're having so much difficulty with the little hellion! >:)

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,734 Posts
My Chi was not working yesterday. ...

Argh!

Patiently waiting for FedEx and Paycom to send me a rejection letter, yet once again.

Surely at some point they are going to give up and just hire me.

:2surprise:

Lots of competition out there I guess.

SP, put on your job app(s), that you will "Bring some serious CHI to their organizations, and at a minimum, lots of good CHEER..." which is really needed nowadays. That should resonate with the current crop of New-Agey middle management, in midst of C-19, looking for new hires. :2smile:

·
Registered
11,859 Posts

How'd Eva Wiggle Her Big Body Into Small Space?
:laugh:

Had to take her out driver door, then back in sliding side door to get her out.
Funny photo SD - back in 1978, Tanya was just over a year old.

- and Dad driving a 1974 Datsun 210 4 door, mom in small tiny passenger bucket...Tanya had the back seat
- we in city, but 15 minutes from home /and a gigantic rain storm started
- and Hail, the size of Golf Balls...scared the B-Jesus out of our girl
- so she jumped over the 4 speed shift'er and climbed into Nancy's space
- and hid right under Mrs. legs, squeezed directly onto the carpeted floor pan
- couldn't pull over to fix seating arrangements, weather was BAD
- to say Mom had leg all cramped up & lifted up to dash pad level, on the severe storm ride home...would be a clear understatement :laugh:
- we laughed at this cherished Dobe moment, for many years to come

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,369
SP, put on your job app(s), that you will "Bring some serious CHI to their organizations, and at a minimum, lots of good CHEER..." which is really needed nowadays. That should resonate with the current crop of New-Agey middle management, in midst of C-19, looking for new hires. :2smile:
That is a good suggestion! I will use that when I have another interview and their last question is, Why should we hire you?

That is another angel for me to ponder!

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,372
It's almost time to hit the hay - Just wanted to get back on here and wish Ma - our Mod a good nights sleep :grin2:
You just made me have a memory.

When I was around 15, I think?

Me and my horse crazy friend used to have slumber parties on top of the square bales of hay in their barn. Now that is hitting the hay! We had popcorn and everything! Sometimes I would ride my horse 11 miles for our slumber party and then ride back the next day.

Good times!

Thanks!

:x

Can't do that these days. People drive like city slickers in the country now and you might get something thrown at you for their enjoyment.

:frown3:

·
Super Moderator
21,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,376
Is it anything like a hematoma?

I had a German Short Haired that had one of those on his ear.

He came home with cross stitches on his ear. Never seemed to bother that boy! He did really good with the cone of shame, too.

I think he was grateful being retired from being an outside dog. I think it took him five seconds to figure out how good the couch felt.

That was Cutter and he never really did anything bad except take off with my leather gardening gloves and chew a hole in the finger of one of them.

·
Super Moderator
21,124 Posts
Is it anything like a hematoma?

I had a German Short Haired that had one of those on his ear.

He came home with cross stitches on his ear. Never seemed to bother that boy! He did really good with the cone of shame, too.

I think he was grateful being retired from being an outside dog. I think it took him five seconds to figure out how good the couch felt.

That was Cutter and he never really did anything bad except take off with my leather gardening gloves and chew a hole in the finger of one of them.
No...not really.

Hematomas are blood filled, and the result of an injury. It's kind of a blood blister?

A hygroma develops around a bony area, and there is fluid, but then the fluid-filled area is covered by a thick capsule of fibrous tissue.

A hematoma needs to be treated, hydromas are often left alone, or treated by making sure a dog has bedding, using elbow pads, etc.

So both are "fluids" but...not the same. :)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
You drove me back to look at different translations—the one I gave was the NIV, but all the English ones seem to have cherubim or cherub. In the Hebrew—yup—there's that specific name "ophanim" I guess English just doesn't have a name for an equivalent being?

It looks like the Revelation "living beings" aren't named?? They're a little different from Ezekiel's too, but still have the scary image of EYES all over, front and back (Always awake, never sleeping.)

I read this passage and always think of the inadequacy of any language to describe the indescribable—and then the additional difficulty of taking it one step further and trying to translate the original into a different language—taking images which have a certain symbolic meaning in one language and then trying to find some word in the new language that has the same symbolism. Or maybe just choosing to translate it straight, one for one—but losing some of the original meaning.

I always kinda wanted to learn Greek so I could read the New Testament as it was written, but then, when I saw all of the scholarly discussions (arguments) about how particular passages should be translated, decided I would never have enough familiarity with Greek to match their insights. So I'm left with reading commentary…
When I read your last paragraph about scholarly "discussions" and translations I thought about the Doberman Standard and even 10 years from the time the last revision was made--they were arguing about what exactly "ears, normally cropped meant"..and even though the author of that particular phrase wrote and had it published in an article in Doberman Digest that it meant ears cropped as they had been in the past (STJ/John would recognize that ear--had a lot more bell and was shorter than anything you are likely to see in the ring--Peggy Adamson hated those crops. But even when she wrote that part the longer more elegant show crop was taking over in the ring. Personally (but I'm predjudiced somewhat-)-one of the first places the crop that now is the "show crop" was being done by a vet who had, after WWII ended gone back to Germany and paid to let the two best croppers of Doberman watch them, learn the crop from them. His crops would still look appriate in todays ring.

And that wasn't even one language to another or even an older version of the same language. It was ordinary American English, written by a very bright and argued about the exact phrasing by a group of very dedicated breeder who thought they had is pinned. But we are still arguing about it today.

I also got a chuckle about the fact that a good many people believe that we were visited long ago by aliens (not cats though, or maybe they brought the cats with them and forgot to take them back when they left) because of things like that, which show up not just in Revelations but in miscellaneous sections of the bible.

I'll concede to you MeadowCat the title of Bible Queen and Mel as your side kick and investigator. MeadowCat's DH can be the translator--sounds like he's got a grip on linguistics.

Now, I'll go pull weeds and contemplate the state of the world as it is at the moment.

ABTLH

39361 - 39380 of 39938 Posts