Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39341 - 39360 of 40170 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Good morning LaDi!

What is "chi"?

Is that abbreviation for that word "chit" that Ken uses frequently, and how does one activate it? :grin2:

Chi, pronounced chee, also known as Ki, Qi, or Prana, is the general term for the life force energy that flows through every living thing. Chi is present in every cell, throughout our mind, body, and soul. ... A person with balanced chi will feel full of energy, joy, and zest for life.

·
Premium Member
8,754 Posts
Chi, pronounced chee, also known as Ki, Qi, or Prana, is the general term for the life force energy that flows through every living thing. Chi is present in every cell, throughout our mind, body, and soul. ... A person with balanced chi will feel full of energy, joy, and zest for life.
So LDi - Where can a guy buy some of that Chi Chit at ? LOL

·
Alpha schmalpha
3,900 Posts
Good morning ,
I see the thread is getting biblical...oh what interesting times we live:2smile:

Fla is finally getting night temps to the 69 f mark with the shorter duration of light the nights get cool enough for some good rooting action>:) its the little things that make me happy.

I have been using a harness on Redboy and last night when we were leaving the office it was raining really hard. We both were set to make the dash to the truck and as i was opening his door to get in i became aware that a harness was all i had and a doberboy dry and locked inside frown3:I guess he put the breaks on at the door and said no way! It could have been scary in another situation

God be with ye or goodbye for now0:)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,880 Posts
Good morning ,
I see the thread is getting biblical...oh what interesting times we live:2smile:
Who'd ha thunk it? Anyways :2smile:, if LDi can talk about Chi, we can talk a little Greek from time to time.

Spuddlegruncher—now THAT is a good one. We'll have to make it a real word.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts

Just for you doc.
Try this chit it will warm you up all over!

OK, lets goes play with our chi, come on gang, lets go!
O'h Chit, now Beau knows what Chi is...
- breathing similarities, common in the Karate Martial Arts...the foundation

-----------------------------------------------------

Visited a Mexican Mennonite today (locally) - to build our family heirloom kitchen table.
- the legs will be made with 75 year old, sawmill cut White Oak...that was stored on the Family farm

Not using Twin67 Amish Mennonite table guy, 100 miles away, and hard to get a hold of, with no internet & no cell phones permitted...by the congregation ellders.

My local guy, we will call George / and he is a Square Body GM old truck junkie.
- him and I got alone, like best friends...talked for an hour
- from vintage truck stuff, to politics...both on the identical page
- he is now interested in the 1978 Silverado 4x4-2500 I'm selling, with NOS sheet metal
- a terrific resource, and will do the Table project...over the winter
- have to pull out my Black Walnut, old growth White Oak (with mini worm holes) and some rare Burl or Tiger Maple
- had a most wonderful meeting, very little Table talk...all auto collector stuff

I even guessed his rare 1983 crew cab one Ton 4x4...to within 1 year, looking at the front grill.
- forgot to look at the blinker bumper, the sure give away on vintage
- and of coarse, he loved hearing about 4 wheel steer...Ruby Red

^^ Has the potential, to do a good chunk of some "wheel'er & dealer" business together.
- George I found out, is big into doing Diesel conversions...on the old pickups
- his prized 1983 pickup, has been converted to a 2009 drive line & interior and independent front axle
- remarkable, hands on work / and he produced "a 1 of a kind truck"...in the whole Country

Both good engines, with an Allison transmission...
Duramax LBZ & LMM - WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? by Duramaxtuner.COM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W1Lpp5lDZM

·
Premium Member
8,290 Posts
Many years ago I decided to read the whole Bible for my Lenten discipline that year (obviously it ended up taking way longer than the 6 weeks of Lent). I'd constantly stop and say, hey! What does this mean? And for a lot of the passages that aren't the super common ones he'd look it up in the original language to see what it said.
I started reading the Bible in high school..... didn't get too far - haha. I at least do have a Bible - I also have a book on world religions so that we could converse with our kids about them. I used to have a Book of Mormon given to me by a good friend in high school.... it somehow didn't make one of our moves. I did love the play on broadway :wink2:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Good morning!

Supposed to rain today 70%+ chance. Which will make Mila unhappy. We give her the chance to go out. We open the door and say off you go. :grin2: I even get a jacket on and pretend it is fun and run outside. She looks at me from the doorway. Sometimes she does go out so I hide under the umbrella of the patio table. She has learned that as well and stands under it too....until she has enough then runs back to the deck and door.

She has not gotten me up at 4am in a long time...normally 5:30am today was 5:09. Which is good, more sleep!

Today is another busy day of meetings. One of them is a good meeting. I have a co-op (Cooperative education - she is in college getting work experience) and she is going to have a project and this meeting will explain the basics for her to get started.

We are still looking at finding a new house....but still the same luck of if we see one and interested it gets sold. One of them she was going to call and make an appointment as I headed to the shower. She came in and said we have one at 1pm. I thought it would be the weekend. However, an hour later the real-estate lady called back and said there are 2 contracts on the place....1 for backup. She was talking last night we may just wait....continue looking but not as urgent. Only problem with that is a ton of our stuff is in storage that we have to pay monthly for :frown3:

My wife is still sewing ( I still haven't finished my hat - may have to take TN up on his offer). She bought a serger...."is a type of sewing machine that uses multiple threads to seam fabric while also overcasting to cover raw edges." She is almost finished with my second pajama bottoms! Would be done if I could measure better :2surprise:

Have a great day all!

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,768 Posts
Good Morning Moe and (Good Night?) Mel,

0427 MDT login, really Mel? :2surprise:

Reading Word by Word: the Secret Life of Dictionaries by Cory Stamper, but couldn't put it down?

All Nighter?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
0427 MDT login, really Mel? :2surprise:

Reading Word by Word: the Secret Life of Dictionaries by Cory Stamper, but couldn't put it down?

SD - great Cam shot, of our MEL.
- while it would be more realistic, if we could see her artistic patterned socks of color
- could be our MA, or a damn good impersonator ??
- so Beau a tiny bit confused some, on the caricature

Welcome back MOE & thanks for the update.
- our Kelly does that too, stands in the door way when its raining
- looks at the rain, and has 2nd thoughts on getting her paws wet / and she looks up...with those sad eyes at Dad
- at bedtime, a few times...I've had to put a leash on here, to go out in the rain for midnight pee-pee
- Dobe's are all the same, they hate getting wet

Morning Mel & LDi & Doc & SP and anyone else that is rolling out of bed, this fine morning.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,354

Just for you doc.
Try this chit it will warm you up all over!

OK, lets goes play with our chi, come on gang, lets go!
My Chi was not working yesterday. Sunday I sent Mister to the store with a LIST in my TRUCK and he forgot the chili seasoning. So, yesterday sent him back to the store for the seasoning and he brought back taco seasoning.

:|

As you all know I am having a hard time eating and yesterday I was ready chow down on chili. Had to go back to the store. I was so ready to scarf down. Chili wasn't ready until 8 last night.

Argh!

Patiently waiting for FedEx and Paycom to send me a rejection letter, yet once again.

Surely at some point they are going to give up and just hire me.

:2surprise:

Lots of competition out there I guess.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,355
Good morning!

Supposed to rain today 70%+ chance. Which will make Mila unhappy. We give her the chance to go out. We open the door and say off you go. :grin2: I even get a jacket on and pretend it is fun and run outside. She looks at me from the doorway. Sometimes she does go out so I hide under the umbrella of the patio table. She has learned that as well and stands under it too....until she has enough then runs back to the deck and door.

She has not gotten me up at 4am in a long time...normally 5:30am today was 5:09. Which is good, more sleep!

Today is another busy day of meetings. One of them is a good meeting. I have a co-op (Cooperative education - she is in college getting work experience) and she is going to have a project and this meeting will explain the basics for her to get started.

We are still looking at finding a new house....but still the same luck of if we see one and interested it gets sold. One of them she was going to call and make an appointment as I headed to the shower. She came in and said we have one at 1pm. I thought it would be the weekend. However, an hour later the real-estate lady called back and said there are 2 contracts on the place....1 for backup. She was talking last night we may just wait....continue looking but not as urgent. Only problem with that is a ton of our stuff is in storage that we have to pay monthly for :frown3:

My wife is still sewing ( I still haven't finished my hat - may have to take TN up on his offer). She bought a serger...."is a type of sewing machine that uses multiple threads to seam fabric while also overcasting to cover raw edges." She is almost finished with my second pajama bottoms! Would be done if I could measure better :2surprise:

Have a great day all!

Welcome back, Brian!

I really only quilt (by hand). I am not wanting to take on PJ pants. I just get my fluffy PJs at Wally World.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,356
Morning Ken!

Glad your two babies now "getting along" better these days! :2smile:
Cold front just blew through here last hour, from the north, little rain, but expecting 45mph gusts.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hey SP, too bad you don't live in TX, HADR just posted this morning a 1.7 y/o C/D red boy, Astro, ready for adoption: :nicejob:

https://www.hadr.org/available-dobies

Thanks Daddio! He's pretty. 1.7 yo is still a puppy. I guess it would be better if they were already potty trained.

Axel didn't mature mentally until he was pushing 3.

·
Premium Member
8,754 Posts
Good morning everybody ! :grin2::grin2:

Yesterday - It misted around for most of the day - I had more than a plenty to do over at the farm , But I took a personal day off to catch up on some things - mainly little girl , she needs worked with more , And to be honest here - I'm dead tired too , so that's what we did . I have to keep reminding myself she is still a puppy - almost 5 months old , yet she behaves like she is lots older ( she is a girl and they mature quicker ) So we started off the day with on lead training , then out for some very short play time between rains , Now this is too funny - Her reg name is -- I Can't Stand the Rain - I let her out to potty and there was some light rain - She ran out the door , Looked around , shook herself a few times and then ran like the wind , she was hav 'n' a blast out there in it , this happened twice , LOL

Then the fun started , there was a thin spot in the sheet on Kadin's bed - Well --- YKW found it the other day and and would dig at it - Like a Doberman with a toy with eye's on it , they will be gone quick , Well she ended up ripping it some and now she has become a sheet or blanket sucker , I feel that is her teeth , She is losing them left and right , Last night - she sucked a little on my T-shirt and it is covered in blood from losing her K-9's ( Poor baby )

As I worked out in in the office - She was a mess , trying to take the sheet off the bed - chewing on chair legs - my tennis shoes , my shoe strings - anything that moved . I put her on the pincher collar - time to sit on the dog training ! She didn't like that at all , but after a half hour of fighting it , she gave up to be a good girl and curled up by my feet and took a hour nap .

We than went out side fr a potty break - that started off bad- she kept trying a front jump attack on me ! My CSR has gotten worse and for the life of me - I could not remember how to break her of this ! Time to call in back up , I made a quick call to Joyce Cates - The gal that whelped the littler and besides - I wanted to congratulate her on her BISS Dober , Grace , shown by Cindy in Tampa . I felt like a first time owner ! As soon and she started to tell me - I remembered it ! The put your knee up trick ! Girl and I went right back out and her she came running at me a hundred miles a hour - Lifted up my knee and bang ! she hit the ground - But in true Dober fashion , She got up and got a bigger run at me , only to meet my knee and boy did she hit hard ! She bounced off the ground and just laid there , looking at me , got up and that game was then over ! Thank you Joyce !

Back in the house and more tear up the sheet and that lead right back to sit on the dog training . She is starting to get it :wink2:

The sun came out yesterday evening and boy did she have a great time playing with her ball - run and run and run . A few hours later , time to eat ! Before they she eats - I let her out to potty ! Always !! After I feed her - I needed to spend some time with my boy , I put the wild child up , took Kadin out and then after some play time we came in , for to only find out YKH had got mad and peed in her grate ! That really , really peed me off !! I told to enjoy laying in it !!!!! I then fed Kadin , And after a hour of laying in her mess - I grabbed her , carried her outside and let her go , came in and cleaned out her pin , then I grabbed a wet towel and cleaned her up - it was getting cold outside by now and I told her to enjoy freezing her azz off ! and then shut the door , After about 2 seconds - I heard her pounding on the back door with her paws , LOL I was feeling bad and then let her in -I had a new puppy ! She laid down on the bed and looked like a perfect angle !

Time to go to bed and I put her in her pin , around 1 am , I heard her crying some , her way of waking me up to go pee - I let her out and then when she came back in - Ken did a Cardinal sin - I let her jump in bed with me and that little girl curled right up against me and slept till this morning - no chewing , no nothing , perfect little girl :grin2:

She has a long ways to go to be that great Dober girl , but yesterday , we are headed in the right direction -- again :grin2:

Sometimes - I feel like me knowledge of having Dobermans is really showing - then 2 seconds later - I feel like I have never been around one , LOL everyone is different and sometimes I do lean on others for ??? Have you ever dealt with this before ??? LOL

Well it's really foggy her this morning , think I will hang out here for a bit and work with Daddies little angle :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

Everybody have a great day :grin2:

39341 - 39360 of 40170 Posts