39301 - 39320 of 40170 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,301
Repeated Indecorous behavior proscribed on CT... :2surprise::2surprise:

a.k.a. Maybe trip to WS?
Would you just spit it out?

I am wore out from mowing a portion of agreement of what to mow.

BTW

I checked Mister for bruises. He doesn't have any.

Whew! Dodged a bullet! He could have called the Sheriff Dept on me!

:2surprise:

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Crap!

That means we have to go into the big city. Possibly even a ride to the airport.

:2surprise:

Skip the rental when you are here. We will drive you to and fro.

You are starting to be pain Cuz.

:|

:x

What have I got to farm?

:nerd:

I can turn you loose on Johntanic/Johnny. You can help me round up goats.

That's all I got!

Wait! I got it!

You and Scotty can get the tractor running!

Let’s just go rent a tractor at the supply rental center.
That will be a good line opener for conversation when we go to the tractor showroom while the guys are tipping beers.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,880 Posts
Oh boy, Mel, that sounds....umm....well...uhh...very exciting!

I'll pickup a copy to keep on my nightstand, to read if I ever have serious insomnia…
Ah, but now, that's where you're wrong, you see…

I've already learned at least one interesting word just from looking at quotes in the reviews. Like this one: Cacafuego. If you can't figure it out by breaking it down into its Spanish roots, look it up. Sure, it's supposedly obsolete, but it might be a useful one to bring back.

Shoot, I'll save you the trouble—this is from Merriam Webster's "Words at Play : Top 10 Rare & Amusing Insults, Vol. 2":

"#5: CACAFUEGO

Definition:

a swaggering braggart or boaster

About the Word:

The Cacafuego was a Spanish ship captured in 1579 by the English admiral Sir Francis Drake.

The word may have developed its insulting sense because some sailors – either the ones who lost the ship or the ones who won it – did some serious bragging.

Cacafuego, by the way, comes from the Spanish word fuego, meaning "fire," and, ultimately, the Latin cacare, meaning (ahem) "to void as excrement." [so it literally means "fireshitter"] The word probably referred to the ship's cannon fire."

I just need to figure out which of you to use it on first.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,310
OK who wants to go over to the farm with me and clean up the dump pit and cover things up AND I need a climber ! have to roof top doors to shut ! So whos in ? Meadow ? LDi -how about Denny , Denny ? :grin2::grin2:
Nope.

I am a small time farmer.

I don't do heights.

Count me out.

Hell!

Who am I kidding?

I have enough farmer knowledge to eak through BS.

:grin2:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,768 Posts
...Cacafuego, by the way, comes from the Spanish word fuego, meaning "fire," and, ultimately, the Latin cacare, meaning (ahem) "to void as excrement." [so it literally means "fireshitter"] The word probably referred to the ship's cannon fire."

I just need to figure out which of you to use it on first.

If you remember, you can use it to describe Doc, after he eats SD's Kick A$$ Sardine salad! >:)

https://www.dobermantalk.com/non-doberman-animal-talk/288225-girls-outside-1255.html#post4122187

Q: Mel, so as long as we use nasty words in an informative, lexicographical context, we're good to go? :grin2:

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,768 Posts
It’s obvious to me DOC, he is blocking your calls.>:)>:)>:)
No actually he is at a big pajama party jamboree......kid you not:|:|>:)
Wherever he is ...we love you modem.:x:x:x:x

Yeah, but Davey also had Google Earth & Streetview blur out his address and house image when he read you guys were planning to make another road trip north again! >:)

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Beau just had a brain fat revaluation, and if I'm ever blessed with a grandchild...
- I'm asking MEL for the honors of being his/her God Mother

The little chit(s), will be fluently reading before Kinder garden / and no doubt, be getting
a small Junior dictionary for Xmas.
- and start learning, them big words real early

Kid(s) can go to Colorado, for summer holidays too.
- and be so blessed, with Ma's bed time reading story time :wow: intellect

And when the PapaBear family visits as an extended family, Larry not playing
SCRABBLE @ night....there I said it.
- leaving all that challenging Fun, for Nancy & Mel and company
- Larry knows his Limitations / I don't mind loosing, but not before the Game starts up

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
24,880 Posts
I'm horrible at Scrabble—I only think from the top down, not from the bottom up.

Break down a word to figure out what it means, sure. Take a bunch of letters and make up a word, no way.

But I do love reading books aloud. I even read aloud to myself sometimes—it makes me slow down and actually pay attention to what I am reading, instead of getting to the bottom of the page and thinking, "WTH did I just read?" and having to start over.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
I'm horrible at Scrabble—I only think from the top down, not from the bottom up.

Break down a word to figure out what it means, sure. Take a bunch of letters and make up a word, no way.

But I do love reading books aloud. I even read aloud to myself sometimes—it makes me slow down and actually pay attention to what I am reading, instead of getting to the bottom of the page and thinking, "WTH did I just read?" and having to start over.
WOW MEL - now that really does surprise me...Big Time.

Nancy was real good at Wheel of Fortune, her family watched it as kids...probably immensely helps, the board game play.

Nancy played a lot of Scrabble, with here sisters...growing up.
- even one of her sister, who never finished HS, is real good at it...I wouldn't of guessed
- Nancy mother, was real good at Scrabble too / so early exposure to this stuff, probably plays a big part...in enjoying the game

Larry SUCKS at Scrabble, and need tons of help...from everyone at the table.
- hell, when I was writing my earlier Post...I spelled Scrabble, with only one "b"
- and the few times I did play / my Luck, I get stuck with all the Vowels
- and can't make up a new word, while I search for a 3-4 letter word
- that's my gaming story / and I make up words, to fill the board...all spelled incorrectly
- so one of Nancy's sisters, has to look it up in the dictionary and prove it
...like I routinely say...Larry spelled it right, so prove it >:)

39301 - 39320 of 40170 Posts