Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39201 - 39220 of 41102 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Is everyone ready for the DT update ??Dobebug was ready to kick butt last night or was it this morning.
Buuuuuuuug get up......its morning time.

Well I have the morning to myself. Scott is at the dealership getting the truck serviced in preparation of the big show ...I mean trip.
Yup, time to hit the wind!!!!!
Rubber hits the road at midnight within a couple of weeks.
Watch your 6!

PS: AJ you are safe.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,866 Posts
We promise to not make you anything that you do not want to do.........
Heading north soon >:)>:)>:):2surprise:

....and keep'em heading North! :grin2:

Sorry, TN, you might have to go back into hiding (again)!

BTW- Looks like something forming in Bay of Campeche. Oct is prime month for TS formation in Gulf & Carib

·
Registered
11,886 Posts
Chit SP, if Beau was buying that tractor from you he would have walked away paying nothing.
While leaving you thinking that you got a great deal. >:)>:)>:)

Beau has a silver tongue and is everything I expected Canadians to be ....shall we say, money wise!!!!>:)>:)

Oh did I say good morning !!!! Good morning.:grin2:
HAHAHAHAH LDi.
- nobody besides Larry & Harry (Twin67), has this "buyer & seller" gift mentality...and sonny, is a Top "IT" seller, with a suit on
- and Beau trained them both
- while 2 dear friends of mine, where/is Professional car salesman

:respect4:
- ones been retired, for 25 years, but he made $40,000 in 1960...helped by his side flips
...he heard all the Larry stories, and he thought he was the best seller, until he met Larry, the one and only he says

- the other one said, I would be his Top choice...if he expands his used car lot
...and when we "wheel & deal" as good friends, he always says
....I think, I got screw in this deal / but I don't know how...your sales tactics, are seamless
- I tell him, I'm training you my "secrets" in Sales, and my profits from our dealings...is the tuition part, of my teaching exercise / so listen up & learn, from the Master
- he always cracks a smile & shakes his head :laugh:

Back in my early 20's...
- Beau had to perfect his clever craft, because their was little $$ in the bank
- and after a sale, many sellers are Happy with the exchange...truly, and I get thanked may times, for educating them
Heck, my close ratio, is like between 95%...for over 40 years / been always like that.
- the process, I treat like a hobby & seriously / I research & understand the seller

So SP - was lucky, she sold her Ford tractor to the neighbor Wes...and not Beau.
- and here she is, second guessing the $1,500 profit :welldone:

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,205
Give SP credit, we did get some candid pictures of the Mister hanging drywall in the inner sanctum.

Beau is on the right track. SP, ask your good neighbor, Wes, if you can caress HIS new JD. Have him take a picture, while you do it, since you haven't figured out your new camera. Tell him it's a "thing" you like to do, then post online for a bunch of not-right people on a dog/chicken forum to view! Maybe reclusive Wes has a similar interest?

Or, he might be calling the white coats on you before you know it! :grin2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Question- Does Wes have the goat "problem" as well?
I didn't see your question before.

Yes, he has the goat problem too. Goats killed a couple of his fruit trees and the horse the stupid people had at one time was over in his pasture tearing stuff up as well. Wes has told me that you can't talk to goat people. They are too stupid.

I can't wait until he comes to get the tractor so I can pick his brain about something that he said yesterday. Something about the adopted 16 year old next door running away to Colorado or something. I've got to get the gory details on that. Because I am nosy.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,206
Everyone should read this again, as I believe this describes Beau, Stryker, and myself perfectly (except for the reading books part) Oh and also the beginning of that last paragraph, that was way over my head. Maybe Dobebug understands that stuff??
Anyway .......just loved it!

Now whats ECIN’s ????? Probably one of those nasty signs....:|
I think you are on to something, Cuz!

What sign wears leather hot pants and a wife beater?

I don't feel like investigating today.

>:)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,068 Posts
Great video- Rattus UFC!

Uhh...Mel....Do you have so many rats about the house that you've got to ponder upon which ones are in the video? :eek:

Question 1: When you have house guests, do Laurel and Mink (or ferrets) slink into the guest beds overnight, for a little cozy time, and a morning surprise?
:2surprise:

Question 2: Do you still get house guests? :grin2:
1. We usually had 3 or 4 rats at a time—all females—the males are more messy and tend to stink. They're like people in that way (sorry guys :wink2:) That started back when the kids were smallish and each HAD to have one or two of their own, but they also keep each other company. We haven't had any for a while now though (the ferrets took their place; they moved into the rat cage once it was empty) so I forget who was who. A lot of them looked alike with that brown stripe down their back, so I usually have to go by whatever combination of rats is in a given picture or video.

Coming up with names was always a challenge—most of them had plant names, but my all time favorite name was "Guttersnipe". It fit her perfectly.

2. Usually we don't make visitors share beds with our animals (not even the dogs, though the cat usually gets in and stares at them in the middle of the night.)

Ferrets smell. And poop a lot. They're out in the day down in my son's neck of the woods (bedroom, rec room and bathroom in a garden-level basement) but aren't allowed upstairs except to occasionally play in my room (the son says they get bored in their suite sometimes. And my shower is more accessible. e.e) The rats were a little more cage bound, but we usually had them out in an unused room for a couple of hours so they could play, under supervision at all times—rats chew on things and get into EVERYTHING. Which meant a little careful rat proofing (towels under the closet doors, etc.); they are very single minded when it comes to trying to get into a new place.

Of course, ferrets get into everything too

3. We don't usually have house guest other than relatives—I'm just not friendly enough. And my relatives all live 1000+ miles away, so they're not by very often.

That adopted sixteen year old better stay out of my neck of the woods—but I don't think they allow goat keeping in our burb (too many deer to make it profitable anyway) so maybe we're safe.

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,208
Cuz!

When you and Scott take your retirement tour in the RV are you going to be towing a vehicle to jaunt around in between stops?

I've really got to plan the RV/canopy pad. I think I want an outdoor fireplace, too! My aunt has a really cool "shelter" like that. I guess you could call it a pavillon?

Mister and I are still at a stalemate on where a shop or barn is going to go.

We've had this stalemate since I bought the place. He is still trying to cut down trees.

NO, NO, NO!

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,209
1. We usually had 3 or 4 rats at a time—all females—the males are more messy and tend to stink. They're like people in that way (sorry guys :wink2:) That started back when the kids were smallish and each HAD to have one or two of their own, but they also keep each other company. We haven't had any for a while now though (the ferrets took their place; they moved into the rat cage once it was empty) so I forget who was who. A lot of them looked alike with that brown stripe down their back, so I usually have to go by whatever combination of rats is in a given picture or video.

Coming up with names was always a challenge—most of them had plant names, but my all time favorite name was "Guttersnipe". It fit her perfectly.

2. Usually we don't make visitors share beds with our animals (not even the dogs, though the cat usually gets in and stares at them in the middle of the night.)

Ferrets smell. And poop a lot. They're out in the day down in my son's neck of the woods (bedroom, rec room and bathroom in a garden-level basement) but aren't allowed upstairs except to occasionally play in my room (the son says they get bored in their suite sometimes. And my shower is more accessible. e.e) The rats were a little more cage bound, but we usually had them out in an unused room for a couple of hours so they could play, under supervision at all times—rats chew on things and get into EVERYTHING. Which meant a little careful rat proofing (towels under the closet doors, etc.); they are very single minded when it comes to trying to get into a new place.

Of course, ferrets get into everything too

3. We don't usually have house guest other than relatives—I'm just not friendly enough. And my relatives all live 1000+ miles away, so they're not by very often.

That adopted sixteen year old better stay out of my neck of the woods—but I don't think they allow goat keeping in our burb (too many deer to make it profitable anyway) so maybe we're safe.
I didn't even know he ran away until Wes said something about it.

Anyhow, he didn't take the goats with him. The goats have never left.

He is a porch pirate, though. If you are expecting anything to be delivered you better track the $hit out of it!

:|

·
Super Moderator
25,068 Posts
Wait, are you a Virgo too, SP? So much for my impression that sometimes horoscope signs can describe people accurately. >:)

By the way, you might want to give this a looking over:

Word Choice: Angel vs. Angle
https://getproofed.com/writing-tips...oun that,space between two intersecting lines.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard though, I imagine that this part might be what B67 was talking about when he mentioned your angel status (Did he? I can't remember him saying anything like that.):

"We often picture angels as human-like figures in robes with wings, halos and harps. But there is one part of the Bible that describes them as having “six wings . . . covered all over with eyes, inside and out,” which is a little more horrifying than the version you’ll see in a church."

Do your bad neighbors call you an angel too?

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,217
Wait, are you a Virgo too, SP? So much for my impression that sometimes horoscope signs can describe people accurately. >:)

By the way, you might want to give this a looking over:

Word Choice: Angel vs. Angle
https://getproofed.com/writing-tips...oun that,space between two intersecting lines.

Don't pat yourself on the back too hard though, I imagine that this part might be what B67 was talking about when he mentioned your angel status (Did he? I can't remember him saying anything like that.):

"We often picture angels as human-like figures in robes with wings, halos and harps. But there is one part of the Bible that describes them as having “six wings . . . covered all over with eyes, inside and out,” which is a little more horrifying than the version you’ll see in a church."

Do your bad neighbors call you an angel too?
Nope! But they have called me a lot of other things, though!

·
Super Moderator
25,068 Posts
Ma!

I am watching "Best Friends Furever" with Kel Mitchell.

Prairie dogs as pets?

:nerd:
This is what I can find about them:

"Prairie dogs are diurnal, meaning that they are active during the daytime hours and sleep at night. Being very social creatures, prairie dogs will become depressed or sick if not given enough attention. If you don't have at least six hours per day to spend with your prairie dog, then plan on having a full colony of prairie dogs or none at all. With the right training, pet prairie dogs can be leash trained (using a special prairie dog harness) and even learn to come when they hear their name.

Providing a natural environment where a prairie dog can burrow and forage for food at all stages of a prairie dog's life is essential. As adults, they are able to burrow several feet underground and they create different subterranean chambers for different purposes."

They recommend a large enclosure for prairie dogs,like a 10-foot by 10-foot concrete-bordered pit filled three feet deep with dirt to allow burrowing and go on to say, "a large dog-sized cage is unfortunately usually used to house a pet prairie dog indoors. When burrowing is prevented, it is not ideal; it may lead to anxiety from overexposure to stimulus."

See the part in bold—they're probably not an ideal pet for me.

·
Super Moderator
25,068 Posts
Something to ponder:

"Beetles (Order Coleoptera) are known to include some 350,000 species, and are therefore the largest group of animals on earth. In the United States, there are nearly 30,000 kinds of beetles known."

39201 - 39220 of 41102 Posts