Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39181 - 39200 of 41212 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,181
Hello people, I've been a bit busy this week...well, busy isn't really the correct word, more like occupied, keeping a close eye on Mocha. As you know, all it takes is the ring of the doorbell, a knock on the door, or even the sound of a car door being closed near the house and you have a dog jumping up and running through the house. Which we can't have. I may be totally off base but I'm thinking the first week or two are the most important in the healing process so the more rest, the better. So far, so good, except my back is starting to grumble about the trips up and down the deck carrying a 60-pound dog LOL.

Today, Mrs. TN kept an eye on Mocha while I got some me time, which consisted of taking two slabs of pork ribs and cutting them into St. Louis style ribs, putting rub on them, then putting said ribs in the smoker. I wanted to try a new recipe I found. Crank the smoker up to 275 and smoke the ribs on the racks for 2 hours. Then, lay 2 sheets of aluminum foil on top of each other, sprinkle some brown sugar in there and add some honey, then lay the ribs face down in the sugar/honey, and sprinkle some more brown sugar and honey on top. Then tightly double wrap and put back in smoker for another 2 hours. I went light on the brown sugar and honey because I didn't want the ribs too sweet, and goodness gracious, they came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

And of course, I took some pics :2smile: Here are the ribs, smoking away. Notice that my smoking partner is missing, she had to stay upstairs and in the house. I feel bad, because she's so used to going where I go but in the long run, it's for her own good. Or so we hope.

Here's a pic of the rib tips

And here's one of the slabs of ribs. Personally, I don't get what the big deal is with St. Louis style ribs. I'd rather cook and eat the entire slab in all its glory...definitely less work and prep time!

Mel, that had me laughing out loud and I watched it 3 times LOL

Sure, why not? :grin2:

I call this one, "A Ninny and Her Squeaky Toy"

Hey Cuz!

Let's coordinate our birthday parties.

I suggest we head on over the TN's place for a birthday feast.

We can corrupt Mrs TN while TN is smoking.

:grin2:

·
Premium Member
13,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,182
Peeps,

I just sold my Ford tractor.

Good neighbor Wes will come get it tomorrow.

I am a little bit disgruntled with Mister. About 3 years ago he said I can probably get $1200 for it. When I was talking to Wes yesterday I said $1500. When we made the deal today he didn't try to haggle.

Which makes me think it's worth a lot more than what I am selling it for.

Oh well. It's been sitting there for 4 years.

I always have seller's remorse when I sell something.

Guess I will get over it.

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Peeps,

I just sold my Ford tractor.

Good neighbor Wes will come get it tomorrow.

I am a little bit disgruntled with Mister. About 3 years ago he said I can probably get $1200 for it. When I was talking to Wes yesterday I said $1500. When we made the deal today he didn't try to haggle.

Which makes me think it's worth a lot more than what I am selling it for.

Oh well. It's been sitting there for 4 years.

I always have seller's remorse when I sell something.

Guess I will get over it.
Good deal SP - Beau thinks cash in the DEAD DUCKS...zero regrets.

And I would have given you $2,000 for the old Ford.
>>

>>

>>

>>
- but you would have to throw in your 2000 z71 pickup...as a package deal.

^^ Beaumont Economics.
- and I would have found WES, and sold him the Ford tractor

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,597 Posts
Dame U TN - Beau is pulling a Homer Simpson, drooling on those delicious ribs.
- homey & brown sugar...Yum Yummy
- ever use Canadian Maple Syrup ? / one of our sauce ingredients
Hot damn, Beau! That is a fine idea, instead of brown sugar and honey, next time I'll try that and I bet the ribs will turn out just perfect!

·
Premium Member
Mocha
3,597 Posts
Hey Cuz!

Let's coordinate our birthday parties.

I suggest we head on over the TN's place for a birthday feast.

We can corrupt Mrs TN while TN is smoking.

:grin2:
Anytime. Nothing better than seeing someone enjoying my BBQ and world-famous potato salad ™ :2smile:

As long as you promise not to get me drunk then take off with my smoker :2surprise::2surprise::2surprise:

·
Registered
11,890 Posts
Hot damn, Beau! That is a fine idea, instead of brown sugar and honey, next time I'll try that and I bet the ribs will turn out just perfect!
You bet ya, TN...give it a try.

Mrs67 cast iron pan fries, Salmon fillet with Maple Syrup, salt and coarse ground pepper...fry to browning sides.

Wife's BIL taps Sugar Maples, in a local Mennonite's bush...each Spring.
- they chop the wood together, and boil it down...in the bush
- so extra good Canadian Maple Syrup stock

PS - 40 gallons of heated Tree sap / boiled down, produces only 1 gallon.
...of brown Liquid Gold.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,875 Posts
Well my Birthday is also in October on the 10th........
Oh my......
Cuzzy and I are both Libra’s.
Well balanced for sure!!!

No wonder she and I get along so perfectly together. >:)>:)

Any Familiar Traits?*:wink2:

*Notes:
#10 Check - Except goat owners...
#8 Check- Rides tied-up in back of a pickup. while still posting on forum
#4 Check- Can't wait to put up a new barn.....First, gotta win lottery...
#3 Check- "Spring green or Institutional green or Mint green?"
#2 Check- "Fixin' to repaint..No, strip wallpaper...No, rehang sheetrock...

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
Good morning all ! Looks like fall is closing in on us fast , Next week - highs one day is only 58 and most of the week is in the low 60's !

MC - Good thing you got that fire place up and going ! You have the snow shovel ready to go ? LOL

Cut beans yesterday , have around 20 more acres to cut and then will be down till the middle of next week - there was a rain delay at planting time and the rest to go are just not ready .

pretty much have done it all this fall , I just don't trust be'n' around anybody .

Real foggy here this morning .

Talked to Joyce the other day - She is the one that whelped the littler that little girl came from , anyway - she has a wonderful bitch named Grace ( Amazing Grace ) and she has been kicking butt and taken names on the show circuit since it resumed , A beautiful , beautiful Dober , Congrats to both !

Have a great --- What ever day it is

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,875 Posts
Fine, if we're posting music videos—the music on this one is sorta related to your Spock one, but the subjects are cuter :grin2::wink2:

Um, let me think who these are—this is Laurel and Mink (the darker stripe). The picture quality is ehhh because it was dim light and a slow-motion setting, with a fairly basic camera.

Great video- Rattus UFC!

Uhh...Mel....Do you have so many rats about the house that you've got to ponder upon which ones are in the video? :eek:

Question 1: When you have house guests, do Laurel and Mink (or ferrets) slink into the guest beds overnight, for a little cozy time, and a morning surprise?
:2surprise:

Question 2: Do you still get house guests? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Dame U TN - Beau is pulling a Homer Simpson, drooling on those delicious ribs.
- homey & brown sugar...Yum Yummy
- ever use Canadian Maple Syrup ? / one of our sauce ingredients
...but nothing to this Level of BBQ-Smoke Perfection

Beau is to, an early Libra in Sept.

But natty LDi - I know we make good Lovers (when the Stars are aligned).
- but I can only guess...no one else, noticed SD flinching thighs...in a Doberman video, except you
:wink2:- you got it bad girl >:):laugh:

LIBRA TRAITS
Strengths: Cooperative,diplomatic, gracious, fair-minded, social

Weaknesses: Indecisive, avoids confrontations, will carry a grudge, self-pity

Libra likes: Harmony, gentleness, sharing with others, the outdoors

Libra dislikes: Violence, injustice, loudmouths, conformity

People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful, fair, and they hate being alone. Partnership is very important for them, as their mirror and someone giving them the ability to be the mirror themselves. These individuals are fascinated by balance and symmetry, they are in a constant chase for justice and equality, realizing through life that the only thing that should be truly important to themselves in their own inner core of personality. This is someone ready to do nearly anything to avoid conflict, keeping the peace whenever possible

The sign of Libra is an Air sign, set between Gemini and Aquarius, giving these individuals constant mental stimuli, strong intellect and a keen mind. They will be inspired by good books, insurmountable discussions and people who have a lot to say. Each Libra representative has to be careful when talking to other people, for when they are forced to decide about something that is coming their way, or to choose sides, they suddenly realize that they might be in the wrong place and surrounded by wrong people. No partner should make them forget that they have their own opinion.

Planet ruling the sign of Libra is Venus, making these people great lovers but also fond of expensive, material things. Their lives need to be enriched by music, art, and beautiful places they get a chance to visit.

Libra – The Measure of Our Souls The shortest myth of them all seems to present a good analogy to the shortest constellation in the sky, you might even say that it is non-existent, presented by the pliers of Scorpio. Libra is one dot of balance in the sea of different extremes, manifested only through the fifteenth degree of this magnificent sign, an object among animals and people. There is something awfully insecure about Libra, as if they were unsure which plate to burden next, aware that things pass and teach us to be careful around other people. Whatever we do in our lifetimes, only serves to point the way for our Souls towards that “higher power” to finally measure our existence. Telling us where we went wrong or what we did right, Libras unconsciously teach us that true liberation hides in lightness.

Everyone should read this again, as I believe this describes Beau, Stryker, and myself perfectly (except for the reading books part) Oh and also the beginning of that last paragraph, that was way over my head. Maybe Dobebug understands that stuff??
Anyway .......just loved it!

Now whats ECIN’s ????? Probably one of those nasty signs....:|

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Good deal SP - Beau thinks cash in the DEAD DUCKS...zero regrets.

And I would have given you $2,000 for the old Ford.
>>

>>

>>

>>
- but you would have to throw in your 2000 z71 pickup...as a package deal.

^^ Beaumont Economics.
- and I would have found WES, and sold him the Ford tractor
Chit SP, if Beau was buying that tractor from you he would have walked away paying nothing.
While leaving you thinking that you got a great deal. >:)>:)>:)
Beau has a silver tongue and is everything I expected Canadians to be ....shall we say, money wise!!!!>:)>:)

Oh did I say good morning !!!! Good morning.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Anytime. Nothing better than seeing someone enjoying my BBQ and world-famous potato salad ™ :2smile:

As long as you promise not to get me drunk then take off with my smoker :2surprise::2surprise::2surprise:

We promise to not make you anything that you do not want to do.........
Heading north soon >:)>:)>:):2surprise:

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
You bet ya, TN...give it a try.

Mrs67 cast iron pan fries, Salmon fillet with Maple Syrup, salt and coarse ground pepper...fry to browning sides.

Wife's BIL taps Sugar Maples, in a local Mennonite's bush...each Spring.
- they chop the wood together, and boil it down...in the bush
- so extra good Canadian Maple Syrup stock

PS - 40 gallons of heated Tree sap / boiled down, produces only 1 gallon.
...of brown Liquid Gold.

This bush story just sounds funny to me.
Many of my family members are Mennonite ,they have so many children.

·
Premium Member
7,059 Posts
Great video- Rattus UFC!

Uhh...Mel....Do you have so many rats about the house that you've got to ponder upon which ones are in the video? :eek:

Question 1: When you have house guests, do Laurel and Mink (or ferrets) slink into the guest beds overnight, for a little cozy time, and a morning surprise?
:2surprise:

Question 2: Do you still get house guests? :grin2:

Thanks Spock, these are all interesting question.

:|

·
Dobes Dobles +1
3,875 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,993 Posts
Everyone should read this again, as I believe this describes Beau, Stryker, and myself perfectly (except for the reading books part) Oh and also the beginning of that last paragraph, that was way over my head. Maybe Dobebug understands that stuff??
Anyway .......just loved it!

Now whats ECIN’s ????? Probably one of those nasty signs....:|
I'm also a Libra ! The scales ! :grin2:

I get plenty of book reading !

39181 - 39200 of 41212 Posts