Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

39141 - 39160 of 41159 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Depends upon what you think he did.

I suggest that Trip did it.

Damn aliens.

Finally caught up with my good neighbor, Wes, and we shut everything off and had a nice long talk. He's got a new JD, too!

Got more scoop on the adopted kid over there.

Bunch of terrorists and thugs next door.

Maybe SP - you could borrow a photo of Wes's new JD tractor & post it.
- give us, something at least...to look over / in the vicinity of your property

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,142
Wes is the reclusive type and hard to capture/flag down. He had no choice but to stop and talk to me.

0:)

I am working on satisfying your voyeur ways.

Dammit!

Leave me alone right now!

I am waiting for Mister to come home and tell me that he is proud of me for partially mowing.

You all expect way to much out of me.

:crying:

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Bug --- What in the world are you doing up so early ? Joey is on Tour ! You and Leon and Clark should be in bed till noon :grin2::grin2::grin2:
Leon and Clark are worse that Joey by far about breakfast in particular--at 6:00 am Pacific Coast daylight savings time I had a chorus of cat chat going on in my ear and little cat feet (not at all like Sandberg's Chicago fog) stomping up and down me. Kenny, I tried my best to remind them that I was the one awake from about midnight to 3:00 am.

But they were not going to let me alone so I got up and fed the little sons of Satan--alien's that they are and I took my coffee and went back to bed--the coffee got cold but I got about another three hours of sleep before one of them came in to complain that there wasn't anyone to talk to.

I see the standard group was up and about while I was running on about nothing on the CT.

I know who you are--Mel is the only one with a legitimate excuse--she works at night (or at least that's what she tells us). Ken's a farmer and he'd lose his farmer license if he wasn't out spraying, cultivating, planting or harvesting at least a few before the crack of dawn mornings. And Denny! Well she blew the whistle on herself talking about her naps between tv programs (most of them old westerns from about the time I started I started showing dogs and eschewed tv. (I think Denny saw them from the first time they were reruns--I don't think she's old enough to have seen them when they were original programming. I mean really! The Rifleman?...

ABTLH

I knew I missed someone--SpocksDad? what were you doing up in the middle of a normal night for most people. My excuse was that I had gone in to watch the evening news (actually all I was interested in was the weather forecast--Joey's shows are outdoor and the site where they are held is notorious for having the hottest, coldest and wettest show of the year every year. But I evidently fell asleep during the 6:30pm National news and failed to wake up to take Joey (who wasn't home) out and my 10:00pm pills and woke up at 11:30pm--took the pills and tried unsuccessfully to go back to sleep--gave it up as a bad job at around midnight got up and balance my check book checked the computer to see if anything exciting was happening until I got to DT/CT--that's my excuse anyway. Kind of weird--usually I have no trouble sleeping anywhere at anytime.

dobebug

ABTLH

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,872 Posts
Maybe SP - you could borrow a photo of Wes's new JD tractor & post it.
- give us, something at least...to look over / in the vicinity of your property

Give SP credit, we did get some candid pictures of the Mister hanging drywall in the inner sanctum.

Beau is on the right track. SP, ask your good neighbor, Wes, if you can caress HIS new JD. Have him take a picture, while you do it, since you haven't figured out your new camera. Tell him it's a "thing" you like to do, then post online for a bunch of not-right people on a dog/chicken forum to view! Maybe reclusive Wes has a similar interest?

Or, he might be calling the white coats on you before you know it! :grin2:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Question- Does Wes have the goat "problem" as well?

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Post #39050
Geeze Denny,

You used to be better with pictures when Good John was posting them for you but I'll just thank you for #39050 instead--I think must have skipped that page entirely. Because that was where I found the explanation of Beau's recent issue with his Number 1 son. Kept going further and further back trying to figure out what was going on with big Beau and baby Beau.

Beau: Cheer up m'man--it's the pits it happened when so much other stuff is also going on and a drag that it fell with Father's Day and your birthday. But from my personal experience it took a solid 5 years of distant separation before my mother could acknowledge that I was capable of living my own life successfully without endless advice and commentary and for me to recognise that much of what my mother tendered as nagging was in fact good advice.

Back to you Denny--so now I'll nag Denny--por favor--when posting references to pictures that are not included or link on the same post Please tell us that's what you've done.

Thankyouverymuch--the Luddite.

ABTLH

PS About loaner dogs. By the time I'd been showing dogs for about 5 years and the occasional breeder was asking if I'd dog sit some puppy they didn't want to take on a circuit with them and when a couple of local breeders were asking me to come for the grading party (grading a litter of conformation hopefuls) I was hearing about litters being bred locally as well as getting the occasional letter (nothing like internet would exist for a few more years) from elsewhere in the country telling me about some breeding that had taken place. And for almost all of the years in between then and now I was never entirely out of the conformation dog world I've probably had better access to good breeders, well bred dogs and I kind of think you'd have to develop a relationship similar to the one I had and Denny I think while you would be totally invested in your dog I doubt that you'd be thrilled about putting the necessary investment of time and energy to end up in a position when if you said the same thing I did to Joey's breeder that she'd have had the same reaction, Just sayin' ya' know.

ABTLH

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,080 Posts
I know who you are--Mel is the only one with a legitimate excuse--she works at night (or at least that's what she tells us).
dobebug

ABTLH
Having fun with a double meaning? But you're not one of the usual suspects who would do that, so…….maybe not.

I have worked on night shifts fairly often back when I was working—and I like it better, because the hours fit me and you have less guff from supervisors to deal with. And fewer doctors coming in and ordering tests stat that aren't really because they want to get out to their offices or golf games or whatever…3rd shift hospital employees all tend to work together in a true emergency priorities fashion rather than compete to get things done first (because someone wants the results right NOW and is breathing down THEIR necks.)

Now I'm just allowing my natural body cycle to have its way…

·
Registered
9,578 Posts
Aha! And to think all this time I thought you had a real job and had to keep those weird hours Mel.

Huh! This day which started out pretty clear with some fluffy clouds hanging around has been slowly getting more cloudy. Had a short drizzly 5 minutes of rain at around noon and then went back to clouds with promises of rain.

Eueeee--the promise just came true--there is still just a smidgeon of blue sky but a little cell just went through or two of them--first one dropped a whole bunch of heavy rain for about 5 minutes and the second did the same thing for almost 10 minutes.

According to the weather guessers I think our predicted early evening rain (which has been for consistent fairly heavy raid to dump about 3/4 of an inch on us and taper off in the early morning but continuing thruought the day tomorrow.

Oy--outdoor shows--well they'll be showing in the rain more than likely tomorrow.

Later gator's...

ABTLH

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Thanks LDi for the face time to day - What a experience that was :grin2:

I can't post up a picture of what she had on or not :wink2:

Scott is too cool ! I hope someday when all this madness is over we can sit down and have a ice cold beer
Doc - is such a "Gentleman of All Gentleman", living by his motto...never show & tell.
- such a Class Act

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,153
Having fun with a double meaning? But you're not one of the usual suspects who would do that, so…….maybe not.

I have worked on night shifts fairly often back when I was working—and I like it better, because the hours fit me and you have less guff from supervisors to deal with. And fewer doctors coming in and ordering tests stat that aren't really because they want to get out to their offices or golf games or whatever…3rd shift hospital employees all tend to work together in a true emergency priorities fashion rather than compete to get things done first (because someone wants the results right NOW and is breathing down THEIR necks.)

Now I'm just allowing my natural body cycle to have its way…
We paid her off.

You are good to go Ma.

>:)

·
Premium Member
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #39,154
Sheet rock sucks and I am tired of being bitched at because I can't lift my end to his exact specifications.

Don't anybody mess with me.

I've got a can of wasp spray and a really big screw driver.

Back off!

Mister really needs to get some guy friends to do this $hit.

Okay I feel better now.

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Eva 10 y/o Dobe HADR, Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
3,872 Posts
Fell out of my chair laughing!

That was funny and I had a comeback but I am trying to stay out of the WS.

0:)

I can't do it, Ma.

May I please have the keys to the WS?

(snickering away)

Solution, Denny? Just Behave Well, Like Mark McCain...
:2smile:

“I hope your pa didn’t take it out of your hide”
“MY Pa has never hit me” “Ohh good, I’m glad you didn’t do any woodshed yelping for me”

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts

Yesterday evening - Scott Richardson was out with his powered parachute - he took this picture just South of us of LCM Farms shelling corn , Great picture .

Got back to cutting beans yesterday - had to pull out of one farm , just not ready yet and moved to our house to try them here as soon as they dry off ( around noon time ) . Had a great chat with Scott and LDi on face time - Scott told me he had the rope ready to tie her up for the trip and a bag of wavy's to throw out to her on the way - LOL

Also had a nice talk with Mary Jo . by golly - she did get up :grin2::grin2:

Dobegal called and I'm telling you all she is a hoot to talk to LOL

Everybody have a great day !

39141 - 39160 of 41159 Posts